shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your dream hair color and style?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD! @stracci2000 your hair and the color is TDF gorgeous! Please do not change the color. I would do anything for such a natural beautiful color. And I think you are right that the length keeps it very youthful. My hairdresser told me that by letting my longish hair go gray it is aging. But I cannot color it since I am losing it rapidly so will just leave it as is and then cut it all off when I have to. I would rather have a buzz cut then balding patches everywhere.

Anyway I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair. It's perfect as is IMO. Soft, pretty and glamorous and elegant. Just like you. :love:
Aw, thanks Missy! I don't really do anything, except go to a great stylist for cuts.
My Mom was always coloring her hair when I was a kid, and I swore I wasn't gonna go down that rabbit hole.
I have been reading about your hair issues on NIRDI, and I am so sorry that you are dealing with this! But your new hairstyles are all so pretty!
The blonde looks great on you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks Missy! I don't really do anything, except go to a great stylist for cuts.
My Mom was always coloring her hair when I was a kid, and I swore I wasn't gonna go down that rabbit hole.
I have been reading about your hair issues on NIRDI, and I am so sorry that you are dealing with this! But your new hairstyles are all so pretty!
The blonde looks great on you!

Thanks @stracci2000, you are very smart not to have colored your beautiful hair. Your hair color and style are timeless and beautiful. And it really suits you.:love:

As for my hair issues, thanks so much. There is only so much within our control and genetics count for a lot and my genetics are messing me up lol. But I am a big believer in making lemonade out of lemons and that is what I am trying to do to the best of my ability.

Thank you for sharing your hair with us in this thread. I am loving all the gorgeous hair being shared.:kiss2:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
E7C51FCF-8ECA-4AC2-A3FB-7D5CE4EFD5F3.jpeg
My currrent color....lots of gray and growing it to donate. Will be 2nd time!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous hair and you are gorgeous inside and out. My nieces donate their hair as soon as it regrows and they can but for an adult to donate that is really something. (((Hugs))).

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful hair! I used to have this hair! (many moons ago)
I bet you get lots of compliments!:love:

Thanks, I wear it in a bun a lot so most people don't realise how long it is. It goes into a tiny bun!
Some of my students do give me compliments. I mentioned to my 11 yr old class that I was going to have it cut and 2 of my girls gasped. I explained it was just a fringe trim. :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are making me want to grow my hair out!
Its beautiful!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my hair, not that much different than inspiration pic. Each strand is fine but there is so much of it that I literally get half of my head nearly shaved for it to be thin enough to manage. People are shocked when they see it since I am not an edgy person at all! Like Miss Conservative just let loose, lol! 20190216_100301.jpg 20190216_100105.jpg
20190216_101635.jpg
It is a severe undercut and she thins what is left a lot. I have an unbelievable amount of hair, lol.

Attachments

• 20190216_100646.jpg
    20190216_100646.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love Carolyn Bessette Kennedy's hair color and style! Though it would definitely look very weird on me!
dee7703c62df79301c89250142b71b34.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C2309A53-19D6-4CA9-A7DC-0392B72D6FF8.jpeg 87574D9A-DDA4-4566-A734-0F053C12EE6C.jpeg

This is my hair, it’s more red now, with lighter foils at the front. The longest it’s been is shoulder length, but I have so much hair, that it tends to stick out almost horizontally if it gets too long. :shock:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
C2309A53-19D6-4CA9-A7DC-0392B72D6FF8.jpeg 87574D9A-DDA4-4566-A734-0F053C12EE6C.jpeg

This is my hair, it’s more red now, with lighter foils at the front. The longest it’s been is shoulder length, but I have so much hair, that it tends to stick out almost horizontally if it gets too long. :shock:
Gorgeous Austina...My hair is thinning in the front from Thyroid or who knows but I would be very happy to take any extra follicles you have! :lol-2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I shouldn’t complain @Mamabean, there’re a lot of women my age with thinning hair, but it’s my compensation for not being good looking :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know I shouldn’t complain @Mamabean, there’re a lot of women my age with thinning hair, but it’s my compensation for not being good looking :D
I’m not going to like this because I saw a photo of you on here once and you’re beautiful! :kiss2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to have balayage har, but I understand it isn’t for covering grey. Maybe they can do a double or triple process, but then you risk damaged hair.
I have balayage and gray hair. Because the root is always darker with balayage, touch ups are a breeze. Actually, i only have the full balayage done a couple of times per year, three tops. The roots are done every six weeks, dark brown. I will be going darker brown this time, but that will still be a subtle balayage with the same upkeep.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread Missy. I wish my hair was a lighter blonde and since I have a lot - and I do mean a lot - of hair I always wished i could put my hair up in a pony tail. I always had to put my hair in pigtails and they contained more hair than most people's pony tails.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my hair, not that much different than inspiration pic. Each strand is fine but there is so much of it that I literally get half of my head nearly shaved for it to be thin enough to manage. People are shocked when they see it since I am not an edgy person at all! Like Miss Conservative just let loose, lol! 20190216_100301.jpg 20190216_100105.jpg
20190216_101635.jpg
It is a severe undercut and she thins what is left a lot. I have an unbelievable amount of hair, lol.
So pretty! I love the cut! So sleek and polished.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I started looking at old photos of my hair, and it was *such* a depressing experience! My ideal-hair-for-me is my hair 10 years ago. The attached photos are me between the ages of 45 and 50. Before it fell out. Age is the natural enemy of hair.

And as someone once said....

"Why are the side effects of medication always weight gain and hair loss?? Why is it never "May cause extreme sexiness"??"

Hairdresser visit_2.jpeg

Look - hair_2.jpeg

Chatting on cam_2 a.jpeg

Dixon and me.jpeg

Attachments

• Hairdresser visit_2.jpeg
    Hairdresser visit_2.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 40

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek has my dream hair. I can’t even imagine having that gorgeous head of hair.

@missy I love this wig on you and it’s rooted too.

@ceg A sophisticated bob is never boring. You look beautiful.

@stracci2000 , This style looks great on you. Don’t change a thing.

@mrs-b , You look beautiful. LOL When you find that drug that causes extreme sexiness can you please let us know. This weight gain and hair loss is no fun at all.

Everyone has such beautiful hair here. Don’t ever take your beautiful hair for granted.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
AFB732F5-9100-462E-BEA3-E93F68B6A120.jpeg
Everyone has such nice hair! This is my hair last year..It’s been thinning more in the bang area. I tried combing it to the other side but I feel like I have a hat on so I gave up. I have an ugly forehead or I would comb my bangs over but it’s not pretty..

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek has my dream hair. I can’t even imagine having that gorgeous head of hair..

Ohmygoodness, thank you so much @Calliecake , you have truly made my day :kiss2: . It is quite a lot of work, but I am enjoying it long before I can no longer pull it off! :doh:

Which begs the next question...
At what age does long hair look aging?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there are a lot of stylish, beautifully-coifed women on PS.! :clap:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my hair, not that much different than inspiration pic. Each strand is fine but there is so much of it that I literally get half of my head nearly shaved for it to be thin enough to manage. People are shocked when they see it since I am not an edgy person at all! Like Miss Conservative just let loose, lol! 20190216_100301.jpg

@ceg - SO beautiful! #stylemaven # hairguru

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygoodness, thank you so much @Calliecake , you have truly made my day :kiss2: . It is quite a lot of work, but I am enjoying it long before I can no longer pull it off! :doh:

Which begs the next question...
At what age does long hair look aging?

It depends on the person IMO. It's about attitude and I think your long hair looks gorgeous on you and is not aging in any way. I think long hair can be rocked through the decades. Just depends on the individual and how they wear it/style it. I also like hair sprinkled with gray so I don't believe in any universal one size fits all one option is right rule.

You rock your long hair @Sandeek.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. I started looking at old photos of my hair, and it was *such* a depressing experience! My ideal-hair-for-me is my hair 10 years ago. The attached photos are me between the ages of 45 and 50. Before it fell out. Age is the natural enemy of hair.

And as someone once said....

"Why are the side effects of medication always weight gain and hair loss?? Why is it never "May cause extreme sexiness"??"

Hairdresser visit_2.jpeg

Look - hair_2.jpeg

Chatting on cam_2 a.jpeg

Dixon and me.jpeg

Hahaha true dat. Why doesn't it? LOL with the hormones dwindling it feels like quite the opposite at times.

@mrs-b love your hair. And love your sweet dog.

I will say that I have many friends who still have long luscious locks into their 50s/60s/70s. There is always a reason for thinning hair besides just "aging". Hormones, adrenals, thyroid, ferritin, iron and of course the big one genetics to name a few. I also know lots of women with thinning hair in their 20s/30s/40s so something else is at play for many many people.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread Missy. I wish my hair was a lighter blonde and since I have a lot - and I do mean a lot - of hair I always wished i could put my hair up in a pony tail. I always had to put my hair in pigtails and they contained more hair than most people's pony tails.

Marcy you are so fortunate. I never had thick hair like that. What I would give for that. As for the pony tail issue look up Pony-O. I LOVE it. Makes a thin pony look thicker and works with a really thick pony too. It's so amazing. I bought 4 of them I love them so much.

ponyo.jpg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll go first. If I could pick any color it would be an icy white cool blonde as I just love that color and always have. With my dark bio hair it was impossible because my hair was too thin and fragile to be totally bleached of the dark brown color it used to be.

And I love shoulder length wavy non frizzy hair. Either shorter in back and longer on the sides (Lob) or all over same length about 16". My dream hair.

Some examples.

whiteblondehairexamples.jpg.png

icyblondedarkroots.jpg.png

This color.

whiteblondedarkroots.jpg.png

Would love to see examples of your dream hair...and even better if your hair is your dream hair please share with us!

calling @Matata... your hair is dreamy.:love:
I love this color @missy..I have an aquaintance that has prematurely white hair...She started turning white in her twenties and now in her fifties she’s totally white..It never went to gray first.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this color @missy..I have an aquaintance that has prematurely white hair...She started turning white in her twenties and now in her fifties she’s totally white..It never went to gray first.

Thanks @Mamabean. This is the color (platinum blonde whitish) I always wanted but my hairdresser said it would be too damaging to my hair to get it to that color since I was dark brown and it would have to be bleached first. I always had very fine hair but I used to have a lot of it. I am still mainly brown (medium now not dark brown) and about 25% gray but my hair dresser doesn't think I will ever go all gray. So I still cannot dye my hair this color since my hair is more fragile than ever. But if I could find alternative hair this color with dark rooting I'd be happy. My bio hair comes through at the hair line. I could also try spraying my bio hair with a gray root spray so what does come through is similar in color but I am very sensitive to chemicals etc so I hesitate to do that. Dark rooting would solve the problem.

That color is actually not white. It's a mixture of 60 (white) and 101 (white blonde).

AFB732F5-9100-462E-BEA3-E93F68B6A120.jpeg
Everyone has such nice hair! This is my hair last year..It’s been thinning more in the bang area. I tried combing it to the other side but I feel like I have a hat on so I gave up. I have an ugly forehead or I would comb my bangs over but it’s not pretty..

I LOVE this. Your hair color is so pretty and I love bangs. You look beautiful.:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy you are so fortunate. I never had thick hair like that. What I would give for that. As for the pony tail issue look up Pony-O. I LOVE it. Makes a thin pony look thicker and works with a really thick pony too. It's so amazing. I bought 4 of them I love them so much.

ponyo.jpg
That’s amazing @missy! If you find one for bangs let me know! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results