shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats wrong with me...I just dont love it!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
So I have received my upgrade diamond and setting. BGD H&A 3.2 G SI1 and Victor Canera Emilya cushion double row halo.
Now I know I probably wont be popular saying this but I just don't love it. Firstly please understand that I am in no way referring to the workmanship on this setting, its delicate and very beautifully done. In fact the shank, donut, struts and the 2nd row of halo on the sides is just perfect. What I am not loving is the face up view of the halo. Im not sure if its because I expected it to be a bit more softer around the edges, I really hate square and it just a little to squarish for my liking, also the melee maybe just a bit to delicate, and because of the different sizes, the smaller ones may be to small of looking for my taste or perhaps its my larger fingers. I originally was going with the round emilya but when I saw twosanguinehearts ring I changed my mind and requested her ring, really wish I had stuck with the round because every single one I see I love, even though I favour and would request Frankies 2nd one. Oh well to late now I suppose.
I have attached a few pics for you all anyway, as always my pics are taken on my phone so not the best. The car pics are reflecting my dark green jacket and Im waiting on a fresh set of nails :lol:

hand_shot_0.jpg

hand_shot_3.jpg

hand_shot_9.jpg

hand_shot_8.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't apologize for not loving your own ring. Regardless of who made it, you have the right to be a little disappointed in the outcome.

Had you discussed this with the designer? I don't know if this design counts but I know he had some sort of return policy for unsatisfied customers. Might be worth discussing with him, even if you can't just return it, he may have another solution.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I would contact them immediately, It is tough when a designer's vision doesn't match with your own but I hope there is a solution!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I think that's normal. We build up the expectation then receive something and realize it doesn't make our heart sing immediately. Sometimes it takes awhile to get used to a new look or our high expectations. Sometimes I think it's just those gorgeous pictures we see on line make us want something so much more! Even if we know deep down it might not be "us".

I'm the queen of second guessing. It looks rounded and not square to me, just perfect. I love a halo, in theory. I know as soon as I'd get one I'd want my solitaire back.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
makemepretty|1404820986|3708885 said:
Sometimes I think it's just those gorgeous pictures we see on line make us want something so much more! Even if we know deep down it might not be "us".
I think this is a key issue - so much stuff I see online I think "oooh, that's nice" and I love things for their look, their history or something else, such as I love them as an object in themselves, but I have to stop and think whether they are something that I would ever really wear or use, or just something I would like to look at and admire! (Not just talking about jewellery, but things like nice household things, shoes, gadgets... :lol:)

As above, though, if I was the OP I'd contact the vendor and say that I think I might have made a mistake, and see if there are any possible solutions :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be fair I totally see what the OP is talking about. The outline is very square, not as rounded or cushiony as I would have expected. With the amount she paid for it I don't think she's wrong to have high expectations. And I don't think necessarily her issues are only in her head.

yolosuarez

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I can see both sides of the argument here, as I've been looking for that similar of a setting for my gf's e-ring. I personally would have preferred that the halo would be more rounded off especially in the edges like the other posts in this thread.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP - I looked up twosanguineheart's Show Me thread on her VC Emilya halo ring (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ingle-cut-multi-row-pave-pic-overload.185195/), and I do think you are correct in that her cushion halo has much softer corners as compared to your ring. If your ring was to be based on her's, and you never communicated a preference for more of a square halo, if it were me I'd bring up this issue with Victor and request his input.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Your setting is beautiful, I"m sorry to hear you're disappointed but I understand that it's not matching your expectations.

I agree with marymm, your setting is more square. On Twosanguineheart's setting, the lines pillow outward to give it round-yet-square look. On your setting, the lines are straight across. It's quite noticeable, imo.

ETA: I could be wrong but twosanguine's setting appears to have slightly larger melee stones compared to yours.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with others that TSH's ring has bit more curve to give a less square look. The center stone also seems to be set slightly lower to be more in line with halo. Unless that's just the angle of the photos.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I see the inspiration, comparatively yours is more square. :( I'm sure they can fix that for you.

charks

Rough_Rock
It's such a shame that you have ended up with a ring you're not happy with.

When we get our diamond in it's new setting we all want to be wowed when we open the box.

Not have to grow to love it.

I can see what you're getting at.

Your stone is bigger than twosanguinehearts but the melee is - or appears to be - smaller.

In my opinion this makes the proportions of the ring slightly off.

I think you needed bigger melee to achieve the look you want.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your setting is much more square and not it keeping with the Emilya design that you requested. The melee looks smaller and that changes the proportion as well. I would contact VC and discuss the matter. Something might have been misinterpreted while they were creating the setting for you.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I feel for you. It's very pretty. Could it also be the double row that is making it look so much less like the inspiration ring?

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your opinions I really appreciate it. I have been in contact with Victor and he is happy to redo the whole ring for me again. I am truly amazed!! I was not have expected that. It really is just so lovely and generous of him to do so.
I probably should have done that first but my partner was rushed into emergency surgery several days ago and my mind has been on him and I haven't had much sleep, but I also didn't think there would be any point to it, so thank you guys for suggesting I do so.

This really makes me happy and concretes in the fact I will definitely be using him in my future ring project, I do not come across such service very often.

Thank you all once again and when I receive the new setting I will ofcourse come back and share my pics.

PS I live in Australia and Victor will send me the setting I just need to find a jeweller that will remove my diamond from the current setting and set it in the new setting. So does anybody know of an exceptional jeweller in Brisbane that could do this.

Many thanks again all :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like it either It is too square and looks like a square peg/round hole issue.

I'm sorry.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It almost looks like a rounded square to me, if that makes sense. I don't think I'd be happy with that shape either. Sorry this happened and I hope you get it resolved.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor is first class all the way. What more could anyone ask?! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Arkie had Victor make her a setting and she had it set in Australia. So you need to ask her. Hopefully she will see this thread.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind if I say that you might want to consider the size as well? It looks a little snug on your finger, unless that is not the finger on which you'll be wearing it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never been a fan of combining the shapes round and square.
To me, it's one or the other.

I'd just get your lovely round BGD diamond reset in a simple solitaire.
3.2 ct is huge already and doesn't need a halo.
I'd also go for a wider band/ring which I think would be more complimentary.
IMO, it's all about the main diamond.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Hi diamondseeker thanks for that hopefully she will see my post.

Size yes I know hey, its an 8.5 I have really plumped out a bit lately, do you think I should ask Victor to make it a size 9?

Thanks again :)

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input Kenny. I absolutely love soliataires but there is something about VC halo's that I just kept coming back to and if I can get the same look as my inspiration ring I will be over the moon.
I do agree though the shank is a little delicate lets say for my size fingers. In all honesty I did request the 2mm shank as I believed my previous solitaire setting was 2mm but it was definitely wider, so I have asked Victor if he would mind making it a little larger at 2.5mm. But I will appreciate if he is unable to do this.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy for you, always hear good things about VC!!

Also-Looking at the tightness on your finger, I would recommend going up at least 1/4 of a size.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have sent an email to Arkieb...

This ring whilst it is beautiful, i agree with most posters that it looks cushiony and not round.
Have a word to VC, i am sure that they are able to help out.
Hopefully Arkieb will respond soon.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
paulav|1404856983|3709245 said:

Size yes I know hey, its an 8.5 I have really plumped out a bit lately, do you think I should ask Victor to make it a size 9?

Hi paulav! :wavey:

Just a thought, but if you find your weight fluctuating, maybe you should go with a plain shank so that the ring can be sized up or down easily?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry your ring didn't match your vision. That is terrific they have agreed to remake your ring for you.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys I will say that Victor has been beyond amazing offering to redo the whole ring, its more than I expected and am truly grateful for that. Sizing wise I have increased it to a size 9, and the shank to 2.2mm which Victor was happy to do for me. My weight does change but if it gets to be a problem of been to loose I will simply order a matching band which should fix the problem for me.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
gregchang35|1404865759|3709345 said:
I have sent an email to Arkieb...

This ring whilst it is beautiful, i agree with most posters that it looks cushiony and not round.
Have a word to VC, i am sure that they are able to help out.
Hopefully Arkieb will respond soon.

Thank you for that gregchang, I appreciate that, hopefully she will be able to help out.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, sorry school holidays here at the moment so I have not been on P/S as much.

I see what you mean it is very square is that what you asked for? Usually this style of halo is more cushiony shaped. I am with some of the others I prefer a cushion shaped halo for a cushion stone and a round halo for a round stone because I think that generally looks better.

Victor as a rule doesn't make rings without the centre stone. Because he has had your centre diamond before and it is a uniform size and shape he might possibly be able to make a new halo for it without you having to send the centre diamond back.

Your two options are sending the whole ring back as is or removing the centre stone and shipping the halo only back - either way you need to contact customs and say the ring was not as you had hoped (I think the term they use is that it is not what you ordered) or the incorrect size (either works) and ship it back via FedEx. Keep ALL paperwork showing it arriving and how much you paid and the paperwork of it leaving, you then have to email the correct person at customs and get the correct forms and you will get the duty refunded either on the entire ring or just on the setting part.

Alternatively you might be able to make arrangements with customs that they do not charge you for the new ring or halo when it enters for the next time. I have never done it that way, but I believe it is possible. Email or phone them and see what they will do for you.

You need to ask Victor which option works best for him, and if he could make another halo with the measurements of the stone only and no centre diamond..... Also ask if he will do a reverse pick up shipment for you and send you a shipping label as the other issue you will now have it that FedEx do not insure jewellery out of Australia over $1000.00AUD so if you ship it back on your own it will not be fully insured.

I see you are also in Brisbane you hopefully should be able to email me via this link;

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/5-dot-13-w-to-x-vvs2-light-yellow-pear-known-as-big-lemony

I have Frankie's first Emilya so if you would like to look at that and compare it to your existing ring let me know.

If that doesn't work I had the setter at Steven Dibb's jewellers set my VC ring for me. He is one of the few people that will not destroy the prongs, they take a while but are fairly priced;

http://www.sdj.com.au/contact-diamond-jeweller-brisbane/

You need to contact and go to their Cleveland store, their bench people at Holland Park are NOT as good as the bench people at Cleveland.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
paulav|1404856983|3709245 said:

:wavey: You are welcome!

I sized my ring a little large on purpose because adding little sizing beads if it gets too loose is far better than the ring fitting to tight when I have swollen hands from the heat or need to lose a few pounds. So if it were me, yes, I would size the new ring up to 8.75 or 9.

Glad to see Arkie came to the rescue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results