carat
color
clarity

What's on your holiday pearl wish list?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blacksand|1291311429|2785221 said:
Ooops, my finger slipped and I hit the "buy" button. I went with Catherine's. It was hard, I was waffling because there was still that tug of attachment to akoyas, because I grew up hearing how clearly superior they were and how freshwaters were cheap. I know from reading many threads here that it just doesn't work that way, but I still felt the tug. I'd still like to get some nice akoyas someday. For now, though, I think Catherine's are better quality than the akoyas I would have gotten for the price. They look fabulously lustrous, and they come with drop earrings. The necklace is a little shorter than I wanted, but I figure I’ll just have to get longer ones in the future and layer them. Thanks for enabling me! Sorry for threadjacking; please continue with your wishlists.

No thread jacking here! I am glad you chose the CC pearls. I know others have like the pearls they have received from TPO and a few, not so much. I think Catherines pearls you are going to love. Have not heard any negatives about them yet....and of course, I can't say enough how great she is to work with!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Ooops, my finger slipped and I hit the "buy" button. I went with Catherine's. It was hard, I was waffling because there was still that tug of attachment to akoyas, because I grew up hearing how clearly superior they were and how freshwaters were cheap. I know from reading many threads here that it just doesn't work that way, but I still felt the tug. I'd still like to get some nice akoyas someday. For now, though, I think Catherine's are better quality than the akoyas I would have gotten for the price. They look fabulously lustrous, and they come with drop earrings. The necklace is a little shorter than I wanted, but I figure I’ll just have to get longer ones in the future and layer them. Thanks for enabling me! Sorry for threadjacking; please continue with your wishlists.

That is so cool! :appl: Plus earrings! Score! Can't wait to see them!

I got a strand of Catherine's multicolors for my DD and she loves them. I like CC's vast selection and I think her pricing is good. Though I do wish she would put the solds in another section of the website, I keep running into ones that are long gone that I still want! ;(

I too, am amazed at the variety in freshwaters these days. I think they have developed many hybrid varieties of mussels or oysters, or whatever the slimeys are now. They have so many new colors! :love: I remember when freshies were all biwa pearls from Japan, most of them of poor quality or boring. Now it's all cool, new, fun stuff!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hehe yes, how tragic ::)

Do you have a picture of what you chose blacksand? Is it one of the strands linked in this thread?

I actually prefer freshies - something about just the idea of having an entire pearl of nacre vs. a thin layer.. 8)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm…maybe I should get something to put on the finger to weigh it down, to prevent future slippage?

These are the pearls I ordered (Catherine mailed them out already!). Sarahbear621 actually posted them in another thread, but the OP of that thread didn’t seem to be interested in them, so I snagged them. I looked at a bunch of others, but I kept coming back to these. I know white, round pearls aren’t really Catherine’s specialty, but I wanted something classic, and these fit the bill. They are not all perfectly round, but I don't think I'll mind, if they're half as lustrous as they look. They are on the shorter side (16.5”), so the plan is to get some nice, colorful strands to layer with them in the future.

file.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice strand. Yes, those should look very classic. It should easy to get an extender if you want a longer length. I had asked Catherine about making a short 2" strand, or so, with her hook and eye on the ends, so it could be inserted into the pearl strand at the back for when I wanted a longer length. It is very doable, but I would wait and see how you like the length first.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look very nice - and they are the definition of classic pearl strand :))

I'm looking forward to pictures and your thoughts when you get them!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still want a three strand multicolor pearl bracelet maybe intertwined, but I don't know if it'll be to "gaudy" for my petite wrist, at 6 inches... but I SO would love one!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
D&T|1291504360|2787454 said:
Still want a three strand multicolor pearl bracelet maybe intertwined, but I don't know if it'll be to "gaudy" for my petite wrist, at 6 inches... but I SO would love one!

Here are some bracelets, not sure if they're to your taste. I'm pretty sure Catherine can shorten them for you:

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=search&keywords=334%2C+317%2C+134&Submit=Search

Otherwise, just wander around her site or search multicolour (they spell it funny over there :D ). If you find a multicolor 18 inch necklace, she can remake it into a triple strand 6" bracelet. Or you can just ask her what she can make for you custom. :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ilander! i'm going to browse around :))

ETA: Exactly what I'm looking for!!!! they are beautiful! and its the Keshi ones that I had envisioned!!! hmm... :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
D&T|1291515792|2787565 said:
Thank you Ilander! i'm going to browse around :))

ETA: Exactly what I'm looking for!!!! they are beautiful! and its the Keshi ones that I had envisioned!!! hmm... :naughty:

I love the one with the keshi and the purple (317), it's a show-stopper! I'm sure she can shorten it, but if I were you (and seriously considering it) I'd order it as-is, see if you like it, then send it back for resizing. Maybe she can make earrings with the extra pearls? :naughty:

It took mine about a week and a half to arrive, I'm in the US, so the shipping time isn't terrible.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Well I didnt have a holiday pearl wish list, then iLander started posting a barrage of links to kojima which I had never heard of. Now my wish list has $2k in just loose pearls that just a few days ago I didn't even know I needed! But I have to say of all the things on their site I really want the cute little turned wooden stand they photograph the single loose pearls on.

pearlstand.jpg

pearlonstand.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1291525940|2787650 said:
Well I didnt have a holiday pearl wish list, then iLander started posting a barrage of links to kojima which I had never heard of. Now my wish list has $2k in just loose pearls that just a few days ago I didn't even know I needed! But I have to say of all the things on their site I really want the cute little turned wooden stand they photograph the single loose pearls on.

Hi, VL! :wavey:

Pearls are a whole different world, aren't they VL? They are SO much more beautiful and subtle than I had suspected, and the VARIETY that they have today (in the freshwaters) is just amazing. I started lurking over here, and suddenly *poof* there went my CS project money! :bigsmile: Did you see this strand from Sarah http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/glowing-tahitian-circle-pearl-rope ? The colors are amazing!

Ladies, this is Vapid, who wandered over here from colored stones. It is just a matter of time before VL dazzles us by making pearls! :lol:

Just kidding! But I am expecting to see some wood and a lathe used to make a little pearl stand . . . :naughty:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1291555470|2787752 said:

Pearls are a whole different world, aren't they VL? They are SO much more beautiful and subtle than I had suspected, and the VARIETY that they have today (in the freshwaters) is just amazing. I started lurking over here, and suddenly *poof* there went my CS project money! :bigsmile: Did you see this strand from Sarah http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/glowing-tahitian-circle-pearl-rope ? The colors are amazing!

iLander, you are an enabler. That strand is so drool-worthy. I am surprised it is not sold yet. The price is right and the colors are luscious. If I didn't have a few circled strands already, I would have put it in my basket when I first saw it weeks ago.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Indeed. Though a real professional enabler would simply send the $969.
i did see that strand and thought how nice it would look on my christmas tree instead of the strand of cranberries and popcorn.
ah well
I do have a pearl and i posted it over here back when I got it. It is a 10mm Tahitian green undertone from PP. I have a project planned for it but with all the elf work I have to do for the holidays I wont get to start on it till the new year. But I might manage to carve up a littl lignum vitae stand for it :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1291561714|2787798 said:

iLander, you are an enabler. That strand is so drool-worthy. I am surprised it is not sold yet. The price is right and the colors are luscious. If I didn't have a few circled strands already, I would have put it in my basket when I first saw it weeks ago.

It is all in the interest of self-preservation, HHP (I swear . . . :naughty: )! If someone buys it, I can stop agonizing over it! :bigsmile: It's making me crazy! :twirl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1291562433|2787815 said:
Indeed. Though a real professional enabler would simply send the $969.
i did see that strand and thought how nice it would look on my christmas tree instead of the strand of cranberries and popcorn.
ah well
I do have a pearl and i posted it over here back when I got it. It is a 10mm Tahitian green undertone from PP. I have a project planned for it but with all the elf work I have to do for the holidays I wont get to start on it till the new year. But I might manage to carve up a littl lignum vitae stand for it :naughty:

Ahhh . . . I see it now! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-stop-tahiti.140092/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/first-stop-tahiti.140092/[/URL]

Gorgeous! :appl: That is a beauty! Jealous! :mrgreen: What an amazing pearl, I'm stunned by it! :love:

Lignum Vitae again? Ugh, you still haven't promised me that the little tree was struck by lightning or something . . . I tried to grow one, and it just wouldn't go, which surprised me, because most plants will grow for me. They really are particular! Hence that pesky "protected" status. Have you ever worked with Australian pine? It's like a rock and disproportionately HEAVY, and people are glad to get rid of it.

Okay, that was a total thread jack . . .

4ever

Ideal_Rock

Ladies, this is Vapid, who wandered over here from colored stones. It is just a matter of time before VL dazzles us by making pearls! :lol:

Just kidding! But I am expecting to see some wood and a lathe used to make a little pearl stand . . . :naughty:

Someone HAS TO GET THESE! We have a couple of new tahitian ropes in the shop where I work at the moment (priced over 3x as much as these, btw) and they are so versitile and look amazing with so many things. I want them! but can't afford them at the moment ;( So some one has to get them and then take LOTS of neck shots!

If I wasn't bleeding money right now- I would get that strand in a heart beat. Sadly, my love for new counters, windows, appliances and work on the house triumphs pearls. But only a tiny bit.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Windows!?! over PEARLS!!!!

That's it, get out! :nono:

*Sigh* Ok, you can stay, but I'm still holding out hope that a PSer will snap them up ::)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1291600857|2788392 said:

*Sigh* Ok, you can stay, but I'm still holding out hope that a PSer will snap them up ::)

Oh, I know, right? I think as a service to us all, Sarah should just put them away until one of us has some cash . . . ;))

4ever

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1291602501|2788428 said:

Oh, I know, right? I think as a service to us all, Sarah should just put them away until one of us has some cash . . . ;))

OR......wait for it.........TIME SHARE PEARLS!

We all put some money in and then get them for a couple of weeks a year each. Genius. ;))

8) 8) I ordered my counters last night!

I figured I need to get this stuff out of the way for now... Have you ever had a kitchen that made you want to scream every time you cooked in it? My counters are t e a l right now. Yep. Dark TEAL. So, I'm saying buh-bye to those, and maybe hello to some teal pearls in the (maybe mid-distant) future :)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
bean|1291676637|2789198 said:

8) 8) I ordered my counters last night!

I figured I need to get this stuff out of the way for now... Have you ever had a kitchen that made you want to scream every time you cooked in it? My counters are t e a l right now. Yep. Dark TEAL. So, I'm saying buh-bye to those, and maybe hello to some teal pearls in the (maybe mid-distant) future :)

Did you get granite? We got those a while back, and I'm still amazed how much dirt they're hiding.

Get one of those new black sinks, too, and you'll cut your kitchen cleaning time in half! If I can't see it, I figure I don't have to clean it. ;-)

I'll just put up a sign that says "eat at your own risk"! :lol:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
South Sea Pearls look so fine against a dark soapstone counter. I did mine in granite which is great for rolling pie crusts, but just looks like pilfered headstones.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1291684431|2789377 said:
South Sea Pearls look so fine against a dark soapstone counter. I did mine in granite which is great for rolling pie crusts, but just looks like pilfered headstones.

:errrr: :lol:

Mine is long.

A couple of strands each from CC, Kojima, and DruzyDesigns, Kasumi and Sea of Cortez pendants, those lovely baroque Gold south seas iLander posted...not getting anything though at the moment so these things will be staying on a permanent wish list.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results