shape
carat
color
clarity

What's on your holiday pearl wish list?

Ok now that the wedding is done and over with there are a biiiillllon pearl things that.I.need.right.this.second.... 8)

But, holidays are coming up which means some holiday sales so I am trying soooo hard to wait. Also my birthday is in 2 weeks and I can't decide if I want jewelry or house stuff... :devil:

So what's on your list?

Some items I want.need.must.have:

Multi color natural color akoyas (white, golden and blue/silver)
Natural blue akoya studs (round)
Larger metallic freshadama necklace
Freshadama or akoya studs.. Larger.. I think
Tahitian pendant (sometimes the full strands are too much!)
I would like to get the 2 loose natural blue akoyas I have from spring put in earrings too...
Something south sea...
More metallic freshadama studs... Omg I love these!!!!
And.... I need more gold beading supplies. I'm over sterling silver and not a fan of gold filled..I have a few strands waiting in the wings right now :mrgreen:

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh, I heart this game!

My wishlist (this is a WISHlist - I wish for these things, but I doubt I'll have them all!):

- natural colour blue akoya rope (the Madama grade from PP - sigh)
- single 18mm+ south seas near-round
- single huge flashy gaudy colourful Tahitian with great lustre
- assorted strong colour Tahitians
- rope necklace from Kojima
- At least 2 loose, colourful Sea of Cortez
- conch pearl (ohpleaseohplease)
- a proper to-my-taste (crazy colour and lustre) Tahitian necklace

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Weeeeell since you asked, I have a lovely black cashmere wrap sweater that is calling for a lavander Catherine Cardellini (spelling?)string that is on my wishlist (still there, I checked this morning) for a holiday gathering outfit but I really should not spend any money on myself since it is christmas but that could be my gift from dh right???

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My list is quite short as I'm more of a diamond/ CS girl. I'm slowly working my way into pearls though :twirl:

-A nice pair of white round pearls- perferable AKoya over 9mm.
-My Princess Diana bracelet (thread going on Pearl forum) needs a 3 or 5 strand set of pearls. If I do a 3 strand I would like larger pearls around 8mm. If I do a 5 stand I think a 6.5mm would be better. Probably all freshies, white and as round as possible with excellent luster!
-a multi strand freshie nekclace with a dimond book clasp
-One large 10mm + tahitian single pearl necklace that is strung through on a white gold chain.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting my Sea of Cortez ringed baroque pearl set into a pendant with a faceted moonstone accent.

I'd love a pair of Sea of Cortez earrings as well. :naughty:

Making my version of the Princess Diana multi-strand pearl bracelet with aquamarine. Thanks, Sarahbear, for the push on this project.

Improved white akoya stud pearl earrings. I have a cheap pair at the moment. :tongue:

Getting an extender for my 16" white akoya HS graduation pearl strand.

Making some Tahitian pearl drop earrings and a Tahitian pearl drop enhancer. I have the parts and will try assembling them myself. Results are not guaranteed. :twirl:

I tried on some Tahitian strands at the jewelers today. I have selected the one with green, blue-green, silver and gold tones for my wish list. It looks amazing on me, if I do say so myself. :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1289522962|2762777 said:
I'm getting my Sea of Cortez ringed baroque pearl set into a pendant with a faceted moonstone accent.

I'd love a pair of Sea of Cortez earrings as well. :naughty:

Making my version of the Princess Diana multi-strand pearl bracelet with aquamarine. Thanks, Sarahbear, for the push on this project.

Improved white akoya stud pearl earrings. I have a cheap pair at the moment. :tongue:

Getting an extender for my 16" white akoya HS graduation pearl strand.

Making some Tahitian pearl drop earrings and a Tahitian pearl drop enhancer. I have the parts and will try assembling them myself. Results are not guaranteed. :twirl:

I tried on some Tahitian strands at the jewelers today. I have selected the one with green, blue-green, silver and gold tones for my wish list. It looks amazing on me, if I do say so myself. :bigsmile:

FG- :wavey:
Don't forget to check our online vendors for Tahitian strands!

Sarah has really unique pieces and Jose has some good prices, and a lot of people seem to like PP. . .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I know my one golden strand is tucked away, so it would be greedy to ask for any more.

BUT . . . it is a WISH list, and my birthday will come around sooner or later, so . . . :naughty:

I am in love with these :love: but I would probably ask Sarah to restring them into 2 necklaces and a bracelet:

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/glowing-tahitian-circle-pearl-rope

If we're really being unrealistic, I would pick these right after my lottery ticket is cashed:

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/stunning-japan-kasumi-strand

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a Catherine Cardellini necklace on my wishlist for a couple of weeks, but I don't know. I'm already getting a diamond ring, so I don't know if I can justify it. But maybe? :devil:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ilander, I have often drooled at those strands at Kojima!

...All I can really say is what isn't on my PEARL wish list!? :wacko: My FIL is letting me take the liberty of picking up to 10 pairs of earrings for his Daughters, DIL's and Granddaughters from Catherine's site. I showed him the earrings I received from her and told him she lives in Australia. He went to Australia a few years back and he likes the idea of giving us pearls from an Australian Artisian. I have made my choices for others but I can't seem to narrow anything down for myself. My wishlist has gone amuck! :bigsmile:

Other than another pair of earrings from CC and my second pearl necklace that I should be receiving from her soon, I really want a lovely pearl rope....not sure if I want a classic white strand or a modern, unique strand with different pearls and metal/crystals.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I'm about to pull the trigger on a nice long white FW pearl rope necklace for xmas from SO. Deciding between bigger oval/rice pearls or slightly smaller round perals, I'm not sure which will look more funky on.
And then I NEED four pearl braclets, I'm thinking 2 smaller pink FW and 2 larger white ones.

This is sort of and exersize in replacing the fake pearl jewellery I made for next to nothing but really love to wear.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Ok, decision made, I'm getting two of these for Christmas:

pearlrope66inches.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is lovely! we want pics when you get it!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut|1289782020|2766049 said:
That is lovely! we want pics when you get it!

Deal! I'm very excited about them and they're a bargin! :appl:
Keeping my fingers crossed that they look great on too.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1289773095|2765910 said:
Ok, decision made, I'm getting two of these for Christmas:

Just recived these today and I LOVE them! No photos untill after Christmas (they are from BF and he said No more playing with them or pictures untill Christmas ;( ) but they are fabulous! I'm 5'10 and the 66" strand is about crotch length on me so still really nice and long when looped over once, and about princess length when wrapped 3 times. The two strands together look very luxurious and dramatic. :bigsmile: The pearls themselves are VERY nice, I love the colour (not ice white but not cream) and they have a really good luster. They are rice shape so they are not all totally even but it's not really noticable and dosn't bother me one bit.

Anyway, they still have some of these left, they come in 66" and 50" ropes and also a pink and lavander 50" strands too, and they're a lot of fun and a touch of drama for not a lot of moola (They also currently have a round strand 65" which looks lovely but is twice the cost of the rice ropes....and I'd rather have LOTS of pearls then have them be really round).

Conclusion: HAPPY :appl: ::) :bigsmile:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great to hear! Tell him that it is "our right" that we must see pics!! LOL!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I did! I said photos were for educaional purposes for the helpful ladies of pricescope who, I assured him, were all eagerly awaiting photos before they rush out and order the same rope.....He still said no.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
My wishlist is long and completely unreasonable. I can't afford anything on it at the moment, with moving this week and engagement on the horizon. Still, I want to get myself a little something. So let me ask you...if you had, say, no more than $100-$200 to spend on the absolute nicest, best quality pearls you could possibly get for the money, what would you buy? I have nothing but some old, cheap baroque freshwaters at the moment, so these would be starter pearls for me.

blacksand|1291225488|2784188 said:
My wishlist is long and completely unreasonable. I can't afford anything on it at the moment, with moving this week and engagement on the horizon. Still, I want to get myself a little something. So let me ask you...if you had, say, no more than $100-$200 to spend on the absolute nicest, best quality pearls you could possibly get for the money, what would you buy? I have nothing but some old, cheap baroque freshwaters at the moment, so these would be starter pearls for me.

If you don't mind multi-colored freshies... these are TDF! http://www.pearlparadise.com/7075-mm-Multicolor-Exotic-Freshwater-Pearl-Necklace3068.aspx

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh....I've been eyeing the metallic multis for a while. I actually thought I'd save up a bit more and get a set of them down the road. But maybe I should look into a necklace. iLander-those are gorgeous. I've never seen lavender with gold overtones like that! I love them. Hmmm.

It's hard for me to be more specific because...well, I want everything. But I'm thinking it might be best to start with some basic white rounds. I've read a million threads here about the freshadamas, so I was considering those as my best option, since hanadamas are just the tiniest bit out of my price range. But even the freshadamas are a bit expensive for a newcomer to pearls, I think, so I was hoping to find something inexpensive and work my way up in the pearl world. So...basic white rounds? Cheap but nice?

Or I could just buy the lavender ones....

Ok so this necklace is still on sale (graduated lav 4-8mm).. it's just like the freshadamas but it's called GEM quality. You could probably google for a code for 10% off (or is it 15%?) Free shipping... http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?commodityID=43033&command=cp&supplierID=490

They also have these (link only) from the november blowout.. but they are a bit smaller 6.5-7mm akoya AA+ $150 http://www.thepearloutlet.com/servlet/ProductView?commodityID=43382&command=cp&supplierID=490

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, bean, those are fabulous deals. Thank you! The akoyas are probably not the world's finest quality, but that's a really good price...hmmm. I did indeed find a 15% discount code; thanks for the tip. Those might be good starter pearls, and I could look into bigger and better ones after I've recovered from moving and whatnot.

Yes, I agree.. not the best, but they fit in budget and are good starter pearls... not only that, in the future you could layer them with a larger strand!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Conch pearl earrings! But they wont happen for a while sence I just purchased the necklace. Hubby would pop if he know I wanted conch pearls too.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
So I could get the AA akoyas from TPO or some AAA freshwaters from Catherine Cardellini. Should I go with Catherine and save the akoya purchasing for the day I can afford natural white hanadamas (haha)? Either way, I've decided I'm buying pearls today. My boyfriend will be in for a surprise.

Whichever you will wear more :)

Maybe contact Catherine and tell her what you are looking for?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops, my finger slipped and I hit the "buy" button. I went with Catherine's. It was hard, I was waffling because there was still that tug of attachment to akoyas, because I grew up hearing how clearly superior they were and how freshwaters were cheap. I know from reading many threads here that it just doesn't work that way, but I still felt the tug. I'd still like to get some nice akoyas someday. For now, though, I think Catherine's are better quality than the akoyas I would have gotten for the price. They look fabulously lustrous, and they come with drop earrings. The necklace is a little shorter than I wanted, but I figure I’ll just have to get longer ones in the future and layer them. Thanks for enabling me! Sorry for threadjacking; please continue with your wishlists.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
blacksand|1291311429|2785221 said:
Ooops, my finger slipped and I hit the "buy" button. I went with Catherine's. Thanks for enabling me!

Oh darn! My deepest apologies for your slippage. :bigsmile:

We really have entered a new era of pearl awesomeness, and I'm sure you will enjoy those freshies. Please come back with pictures. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results