shape
carat
color
clarity

What's for dinner?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Roast pork loin, herbed potatoes, salad, and lingonberries..easy peasy..

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tonight is a little healthier...grill chicken breast, baked potatoes and green beans.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH puts avocado oil on them and roasts them slowly on the grill (either directly on a cookie sheet on the grill or in a pan on the grill) so they melt in your mouth. And they do. Yummm. I wish I had a pic of them when he’s grilling them. Hope that makes it more inviting for your kids. I really love them grilled. So tasty.

I like to do brussell sprouts with non virgin olive oil , cracked pepper, lemon, garlic. I generally marinate these for 2-4 hours before cooking, then put them on the grill in a brill basket... OMG so good:lickout: Then I use crumbles of goat cheese on top with a wee bit of balsamic vinegar (even better!!!):lickout::lickout:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still sick, more leftovers. :lol-2: Although I did transform the rotisserie chicken into chicken salad....

Arcadian, you brussels sound yummy. I just roast mine after tossing in coconut oil or lard, with ground pepper and sea salt (and sometimes some bacon). But the addition of goat cheese and BV sounds interesting!

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Not quite 'dinner': two of these www with some great yogurt & an expresso - so I can sleep without dreaming of the morning coffee!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still sick, more leftovers. :lol-2: Although I did transform the rotisserie chicken into chicken salad....

Arcadian, you brussels sound yummy. I just roast mine after tossing in coconut oil or lard, with ground pepper and sea salt (and sometimes some bacon). But the addition of goat cheese and BV sounds interesting!

how to make brussel sprouts taste better; add bacon!!:lol-2::mrgreen2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lot of onions, so tomorrow I'm going to make onion soup for dinner with sandwiches :lickout:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight I made greens (mustard/collard/kale) I use a teaspoon of sugar per 5lbs of leaves because it smoothess things out. Instead of a big ol pot on the stove I cook them in the instant pot. I don't always add meat (WHAAAAAAAAAA:eek2:) Tonight I experimented with smoked tofu (firm only) and it really tasted pretty good.

I use a home made pepper sauce. I made it probably 10 years ago....lol this stuff keeps VERY WELL!) Hotter than hell though!

But I did have meat in the form of bacon and goat cheese cornbread :lickout: I have a huge block of aged goat cheese so I gotta use it right? I really am reverting to the foods of my childhood, which is rather cool IMO.

tomorrow I'm going to do speckled butter beans and turkey legs.:appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight is smoked cauliflower with onion and garlic. Plus some smoked corn on the cob (rubbed in ancho powder and drizzled with lime juice) and some smoked beef tri tip.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight is smoked cauliflower with onion and garlic. Plus some smoked corn on the cob (rubbed in ancho powder and drizzled with lime juice) and some smoked beef tri tip.

I take it you have a smoker! :mrgreen2: I didn't realize people smoked anything besides meat in those things. Interesting, and I'd like to try smoking veggies someday.

ETA: I just ate a giant salad. At 10:30 pm. 'twas all I had time for today! Gonna get through those 82 bottles of impulsively purchased salad dressings one of these days...

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't get my lobster roll :cry2: #firstworldproblems

We did however make a grilled flatbread pizza which was yum.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it you have a smoker! :mrgreen2: I didn't realize people smoked anything besides meat in those things. Interesting, and I'd like to try smoking veggies someday.

ETA: I just ate a giant salad. At 10:30 pm. 'twas all I had time for today! Gonna get through those 82 bottles of impulsively purchased salad dressings one of these days...

I love smoking veggies! This week alone has been cauliflower, brussel sprouts, artichokes, fennel, carrots, and corn. Tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, peaches, beets, and so many other delicious things to smoke! Oh! Peppers are amazing smoked!

ETA: check out veggie thread for pictures of artichokes and brussel sprouts.

Q

Queenie60

Last night was flank steak, the night before was roasted chicken. Since we're leaving town tomorrow, tonight was a very large salad, corn on the cob and left over chicken and flank steak for the salad. Delicious. Off to Boulder to visit our daughter, so eating out for a few nights!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight will be dry rubbed spiced flank steak, roasted brussels (was thinking to do them anyway but all the talk upthread of ways to cook them has confirmed it! I toss mine in olive oil, smoked garlic, lemon zest, salt and thyme then roasted til they're crispy on the edges and tender inside :lickout:); roasted broccoli, green beans, roast potatoes and oca with manuka smoked salt. And that will probably be lunch tomorrow too since it'll be way too much for us to eat for one meal (I love leftovers :appl:)

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to do brussell sprouts with non virgin olive oil , cracked pepper, lemon, garlic. I generally marinate these for 2-4 hours before cooking, then put them on the grill in a brill basket... OMG so good:lickout: Then I use crumbles of goat cheese on top with a wee bit of balsamic vinegar (even better!!!):lickout::lickout:

Sounds delicious @Arcadian. I cannot do dairy (or soy so that leaves out many cheese substitutes too) and I miss cheese so much though it has been at least a decade I have been on a dairy limited diet I have been dairy free for about 6 months now and it is challenging. But I am living vicariously through others so bon appetit. Sounds yummy.:lickout:

yummygif.gif

Oh and I have been adding Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother) to all my salads and it is delicious and good for us too. Just an aside as you mentioned balsamic vinegar and I find that Apple Cider Vinegar is a nice change.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have some food pics to share for those who like food pics.

sweetpotatosbygreg.jpg.png

grilledpeppersandonions.jpeg

grilledcorn.jpg

grilledkingsalmon.jpg

and finally bluefish with lemon and fennel. So good. But I cannot eat this anymore because I didn't realize how high in mercury bluefish is and it is forever on my verboten list now. But for those of you whose bodies detoxify just fine once in a while it is A OK. Fresh bluefish grilled is worth trying if you eat fish.

bluefishwithlemonandfennel.jpg

and of course I have to add some dessert photos (from a long while ago but it was that good it's worth sharing again).

dessertpassoverending.jpg

dessertsthanksgiving2016.jpg

dessertsbyanne.jpg

My very favorite..it never lasts long in our household...friends and family devour it. Haha that's why Greg makes apple tarts as take home gifts for our guests. Always a hit.

applepieyummy.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. I am now starving at 6:25 AM perhaps a new record for me. ;-)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Yuuuuum @missy

I loooove food pics!

Fasting day today so only sautéed cabbage for dinner! And a bowl of tapioca banana! That's where most my calories went! :lol:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
how to make brussel sprouts taste better; add bacon!!:lol-2::mrgreen2:
:bigsmile: ;))

Bacon makes everything better!
It do.
Uhhuh.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds delicious @Arcadian. I cannot do dairy (or soy so that leaves out many cheese substitutes too) and I miss cheese so much though it has been at least a decade I have been on a dairy limited diet I have been dairy free for about 6 months now and it is challenging. But I am living vicariously through others so bon appetit. Sounds yummy.:lickout:

yummygif.gif

Oh and I have been adding Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother) to all my salads and it is delicious and good for us too. Just an aside as you mentioned balsamic vinegar and I find that Apple Cider Vinegar is a nice change.

One of my neighbors makes ACV, I got a gallon of it from his last batch. Its amazingly good stuff! I use it when I have to marinate leaner meats because hey, kinda need it. I think it may take me a lifetime to go through it though :lol-2: BV is to me at least the more milder tasting of the vinegars but can be so expensive sad :(( I pretty much hoard the good stuff when I find it.

I tend to use vinegars and citrus as my "salt" . The downside is that after many many years of doing this, I'm iodine deficient. I now have to supplement to get it in.

I saw an almond milk based cheese at a little vegetarian/vegan specialty store a few blocks from my house. I have no idea how that would taste (but it wasn't cheap, 7 dollars for itty bitty piece:eek2:) Depends on how adventerous I get I will give it a go.

After hurricane season I'm going to live with this big ol can of dried goat milk for a couple of months Had it before and great for those of us who have lactose issues (thankfully its the dry stuff!) but its smelly. I'll put it in my coffee...lol.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love smoking veggies! This week alone has been cauliflower, brussel sprouts, artichokes, fennel, carrots, and corn. Tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, peaches, beets, and so many other delicious things to smoke! Oh! Peppers are amazing smoked!

ETA: check out veggie thread for pictures of artichokes and brussel sprouts.

@TooPatient - when you smoke the cauli, may I ask how you prepare it and how long you smoke it for?

Is there an overall recipe thread? (This is a great thread too btw).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient - when you smoke the cauli, may I ask how you prepare it and how long you smoke it for?

Is there an overall recipe thread? (This is a great thread too btw).

I have been sticking recipes in the thread for veggie recipes. There are a couple of threads (well, a lot!) around with recipes.

Basically, I quarter 4 onions. Separate layers into a disposable pan. Add half a dozen cloves of garlic. Cut cauliflower into large chunks (I have been doing 2 heads with the 4 onions). Toss everything together in the pan with a small drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt. (Can add paprika or ancho or whatever here too) Top with about 3 Tbsp butter (I use vegan buttery stick) in slivers across top. Put in smoker at 250-350 until onions are caramelized. Stir once mid way through to coat with butter/oil again. How long depends on how hot you cook it. (I decide based on what else I am cooking.) Ranges from an hour to two. (Which isn't bad if I am smoking everything we need for dinners and lunches for three or four days!)
The cauliflower reheats well in the oven or microwave.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burgers and roasted cauliflower.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicken Parm and arugula salad..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
take out buttermilk fried chicken biscuits, gravy and coleslaw.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like many of you are eating more delicious dinners than me. I had an Arby's roast beef sandwich with curly fries. i did finish up the rest of my Cold Stone ice cream cup from last night for dessert.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Peppers are amazing smoked!

This evening there were smoked, dried peppers in my pot of lentils & grilled plant matter & wild fennel & salted cod. Smoked peppers are an Institution! Of course.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This evening there were smoked, dried peppers in my pot of lentils & grilled plant matter & wild fennel & salted cod. Smoked peppers are an Institution! Of course.

Sounds delicious!

I am excited for my veggie box to show up this evening. I'm going to try smikism shishito peppers. Never had them before!

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results