shape
carat
color
clarity

What's for dinner?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a cold rainy day here in Eastern Mass, so I'm making chicken and dumplings tonite!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds yummy! It's cold but clear blue skies & sunshine here in Cheshire, UK, and tonight I'm making a spicy chilli with turkey mince, served with a big salad rather than rice as we try to not eat too starchy in the evenings. It's gong to be a bit frosty tonight, so it'll warm us up!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night it was spagetti squash with shitake mushrooms. At least night a week we do vegetarian.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainy and cold and dreary here. Dinner is wild salmon, grilled brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and grilled onions and mushrooms with a big salad. :lickout:Yummm. OK now I am hungry for dinner at 10AM in the morning. :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meatless tacos and roasted corn, OR I might order Thai food if I get lazy.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Garden stuff (figs, grapes, peppers - griled &not, grilled eggplant), cheese, bread; something iced to drink...

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicken or beef taquitos with fixings.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy What's the deal with grilled Brussels sprouts?? I have roasted them, boiled them, mashed them with smoked bacon & cream, and shredded them into a wok, but grilled?? Do you slice them & pop them under a grill like you would toast? Please enlighten me - I'm always looking for interesting ways to get green things inside my girls!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The kids both got braces yesterday, so they’ll be having soup or yogurt or whatever sounds good to them (they’re in a lot of pain).

The grownups will prob have cauliflower rice/shrimp stir-fry

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some kind of paleo dinner from green chef. Sausage and sweet potato mash?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy What's the deal with grilled Brussels sprouts?? I have roasted them, boiled them, mashed them with smoked bacon & cream, and shredded them into a wok, but grilled?? Do you slice them & pop them under a grill like you would toast? Please enlighten me - I'm always looking for interesting ways to get green things inside my girls!

My DH puts avocado oil on them and roasts them slowly on the grill (either directly on a cookie sheet on the grill or in a pan on the grill) so they melt in your mouth. And they do. Yummm. I wish I had a pic of them when he’s grilling them. Hope that makes it more inviting for your kids. I really love them grilled. So tasty.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH puts avocado oil on them and roasts them slowly on the grill (either directly on a cookie sheet on the grill or in a pan on the grill) so they melt in your mouth. And they do. Yummm. I wish I had a pic of them when he’s grilling them. Hope that makes it more inviting for your kids. I really love them grilled. So tasty.

Shall definitely be giving this a try. They'll be in season in a few weeks - I'm all over it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a cold rainy day here in Eastern Mass, so I'm making chicken and dumplings tonite!
Winner, winner, chicken dumpling dinner! This sounds best to me right now, maybe because I've got a mild case of some bug. Will be doing leftovers thankfully.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Winner, winner, chicken dumpling dinner! This sounds best to me right now, maybe because I've got a mild case of some bug. Will be doing leftovers thankfully.

Aww sorry you are feeling under the weather @Ellen. Sending you healing vibes and gentle (((hugs))).

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it's pan seared trout and garden green beans. For Hubby it is a tomato basil wrap filled with beef, jasmine rice and Mexican shredded cheese.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shall definitely be giving this a try. They'll be in season in a few weeks - I'm all over it!

It might defeat the purpose of trying to eat healthfully, but Brussels sprouts deep-fried in duck fat will change your life.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might defeat the purpose of trying to eat healthfully, but Brussels sprouts deep-fried in duck fat will change your life.

May change my life because I'll have Type 2 Diabetes within a month?? :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maryland-style and cream of crab soups - both homemade. :lickout:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mango chicken sausages and some pasta for my DH. Fresh veggies. No complicated meals when I work--I am lazy!

cheers--Sharon

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol ended up with Wendy's :roll2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kielbasa, sauerkraut, and dumplings. DH is working late and it keeps for him.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Duck fat is the bomb!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Takeout potato leek soup: http://darngoodsoup.com/potato-leek/
and a spring green salad with heirloom tomatoes. My 6 year old had bow-tie (farfalle) noodles in butter/garlic, strawberries and bananas, and a kids Clif bar. She's anti-veggies these days. o_O

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night it was spagetti squash with shitake mushrooms. At least night a week we do vegetarian.

Please share a recipe! I love trying new veggie recipes. (Visit the veggie recipe thread for some yummy vegetarian night options!)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tonight I was promised lobster rolls and I'm more than a little excited.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results