shape
carat
color
clarity

what would you do if you were mislead by a trusted PSer?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not going to read through all of this because it's not the sort of thread that I participate in but I would like to add a comment on the stain. That looks a stain from a chemical, not so much solder. Gold alloys can interact with lots of things ranging from perfumes and cleansers to the oil in your skin and things in the air. It's not usually what would be called a defect, and it can almost always be easily cleaned in a matter of seconds with the proper tools. If you haven't had a pro look at in person, have someone check it out. I would not summarily hold this against the seller of a used item.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
The discoloration looks like it's from ammonia. I used to wash my rings in an ammonia/water mix and then one day my engagement ring had stains that looked like this. If you wash it yourself some of it might come off but not all, a good jeweler should be able to get it off completely.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Diamond chip could happened at any time, so no one to blame here, chip could be part of the clarity as well and not particularly mentioned on the appraisals, but the setting condition should be described more accurate, in my opinion.
Sideview2а.jpg
This is @jetmal photo.
Although this picture is not of the best possible quality, what I see on it is "dark spot", "staining", "discoloration", but I also see some rough surface of the bezel between the two diamonds. I call this a "defect", "damage" or bad unfinished goldsmith work after soldiering.
@prinsad communicated with DK about prongs that are not soldiered, so @prinsad noticed that the prongs ate not soldiered. Receiving the finished piece of jewelry from DK and checking the prongs, @prinsad should have noticed the unpolished and rough bezel, in my opinion.
@jetmal said that her "purchaser took it in to DK and was told that the ring did not leave their shop looking like that, and that it appeared that the ring was likely soldered and left unpolished."
It would be interesting to know the official DK statement about this case, if possible.

Last edited:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
The discoloration looks like it's from ammonia. I used to wash my rings in an ammonia/water mix and then one day my engagement ring had stains that looked like this. If you wash it yourself some of it might come off but not all, a good jeweler should be able to get it off completely.

I’ve heard people mention using Windex to clean their rings ... I never tried it because I was afraid the ammonia would harm the setting, but it was just an assumption. I mean, ammonia is nasty stuff. But then when PSrs said they were using it, I thought it must be alright but still never tried it. Now I’m glad I didn’t!

I wonder if maybe a silver tarnish cleaner would get that staining off or whether that would just make it worse?

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve heard people mention using Windex to clean their rings ... I never tried it because I was afraid the ammonia would harm the setting, but it was just an assumption. I mean, ammonia is nasty stuff. But then when PSrs said they were using it, I thought it must be alright but still never tried it. Now I’m glad I didn’t!

I wonder if maybe a silver tarnish cleaner would get that staining off or whether that would just make it worse?
Some comes off but not all of it so i had to get it cleaned and polished off by my jeweler

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results