shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you choose?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Also throwing a vote to simple diamond studs if has pierced ears but isn't the type who likes to change her earrings to suit her outfit. This was my graduation present from my extended family and I never take them off (screw backs are a must for me!)

I'm also a big fan of the Tiffany Smile necklaces as simple pieces that can be worn unobtrusively with everyday outfits. VCA pendant would also be beautiful, or a simple DBTY necklace or bracelet like others have suggested.

My personal taste is not to wear bracelets because I find they get in the way too much and I fuss with them. Necklace or earrings are eaiser to wear and not think too much about if she's a low maintenance person.

She doesn’t have diamond studs yet. Maybe for her wedding which will probably be in 2-3 years.

I’m guilty of playing with my jewelry all the time. Especially my rolling ring. Such a bad habit. Thank you for the suggestions!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
If a heart pendant is something you are considering, Tiffany has a few lovely ones. I've attached 2 photos but there are many variation of each. I'm suggesting Tiffany because I know young adults love their items.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 2.47.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 2.48.39 PM.png
Those are really pretty, donnabrsd! Thank you for posting them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A diamond heart pendant is a great idea!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a heart pendant maybe tricky for a young single girl. I wore a heart pendant from my sister and my husband...then A very, very new beau, asked if it was from a boyfriend. We just had this conversation lately as my college age daughter was gifted a Tiffany heart from a friend and it was brought up that male students may see itand think she has a boyfriend and may not ask her out. She said we were old fashioned and crazy...which we are.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn’t it crazy MrsB?? I can’t believe she’s 22 and graduating college. She was in grade school when I first joined.

How lovely that you are traveling with your god daughter. What a wonderful experience for both of you. She loves to travel, but with covid she doesn’t want to travel internationally just yet. I’ve decided on a heart solitaire necklace like Elizabeth Taylor wore. I think she’ll love it.

I think that's great middle ground. A heart solitaire necklace is timeless and, largely, ageless. Good choice!

I remember so clearly how she looked when you joined PS. You posted ap photo once and I remember commenting what a pretty girl she is. And now, I suspect, a beautiful woman.

Let's face it, @iluvcarats - we're old. But I'm ok with that - the alternative not being to my taste! And congratulations on her graduation! Academic achievements are always one part offspring, one part mom and dad. :bigsmile:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@iluvcarats I just got an idea-what if you design the diamond heart necklace with a jump chain so your daughter has the option to layer it with her dbty necklace?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My mom gifted me a pair of diamond studs for my high school graduation and I wore them for ages before I upgraded recently!

For college graduation she surprised me with the Tiffany graduated bead necklace in silver, and my aunts each gifted me the stud ball earrings and the bead bracelet. I’ve used them all over the years.

Anything classic will be very appreciated! You’re very generous and I’m sure you know her taste :)

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Heart necklace will be perfect — classic, beautiful symbolism, and something special and memorable to mark the occasion. Congrats to your daughter on her upcoming achievements and congrats to you for seeing her through them!

I agree with everyone's suggestion of diamond studs!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Studs would be amazing. They are such a classic and are a piece she will have forever

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Monnyjay! I’m going the a diamond heart pendant.

I think that’s a great idea. Can’t wait to see it, I don’t think I have seen the Elizabeth Taylor one. I had a diamond necklace made for my daughters 25th in Feb this year and she loves it.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I think that’s a great idea. Can’t wait to see it, I don’t think I have seen the Elizabeth Taylor one. I had a diamond necklace made for my daughters 25th in Feb this year and she loves it.

Pricescope wrote an article about it.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hands down on heart shape diamond pendant, esp from mother to daughter, so special, and something to treasure forever.

Congrats on a big milestone!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Pricescope wrote an article about it.

That is so beautiful. Gorgeous gift for your daughter. Don’t forgot to post some photos

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful, how exciting for her!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results