shape
carat
color
clarity

What won't/ don't you eat on this list?

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
36 things on my “don’t eat” list. Autoimmune issues..... I’m used to it now so don’t have pity parties any more. ;)2 I subside mostly on meat and eggs. Fruits and veggies are very, very bad to me.

Q

Queenie60

11 of them I don't eat.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Six items, possibly seven items on the naughty list. I am severely lactose intolerant and am also have food sensitivities to shrimp. In the past I have tried virtually everything on the list but do not eat many of the items regularly if at all. My long time boyfriend of seven years has eaten them all but mainly subsists on red meat and eggs. Foods high in fiber or carbohydrates give him fits.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won’t eat raw fish... mostly. I do eat raw oysters and lightly seared tuna.

I’ve lost my taste for Nutella. Too sweet and not impressed with the ingredients list. If someone would make a more “adult” version of Nutella with more natural ingredients I’d be happy to give it another try! I swear I’m genetically disposed to love sweets, by the way... but Nutella is over the line for me.

I’ve had snails and might be persuaded to try them again, but it would be a hard sell!

Other than that... I’m game!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two
Liver (gross)
Nutella. Not as gross just not my thing.
Coffee only if it’s Irish Coffee.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will eat all of that except liver and oysters. I might even eat oysters as long as they are smothered in butter and garlic.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would and have eaten everything on the list.

I, also.

This does not seem like a very adventurous list to me. There truly are things I have not eaten, although I might be willing to try them (like goat). There are also many, many things that would revolt me and that I would never eat that I know humans in other cultures eat. I will not even name any of them here since thinking about some of them makes me sick and I am sure it would make others sick, too. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will eat all of that except liver and oysters. I might even eat oysters as long as they are smothered in butter and garlic.

How about breaded and deep fried? I love them that way! :))

And have you ever had smoked oysters on crackers at a cocktail party? I think they are great even out of a can. I prefer them on buttered crackers, though!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canned tuna, yogurt, blue cheese, raisins, strawberries, and coconut

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never:
Pork, crab, snails, raw fish, oysters, shrimp, liver, blue cheese

Could get it down if I HAD to for politeness:
Cucumber, avocado, ranch dressing, canned tuna, cooked fish

If cooked in something or prepared just so but otherwise either no or if I had to for politeness:
Mayonnaise, celery, milk, mustard

ETA: I bought canned tuna in my produce box a couple of weeks ago. They made it sound good and the price was good. All carefully raised and no risk to other sea life. In spring water. Now I have several cans of tuna and no idea what to do with them as I hate canned tuna and so does DH! (Likely going to be donated to a local food bank...)

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
No snails, oysters or raw fish...or anything else slimy....just yuck <((shivers))>

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who love tuna please be mindful of its mercury content. I had mercury poisoning due to the fish I was eating on a regular basis. I don't remember the details of how often it is safe to eat specific fish but am including a list for those of you interested.

https://www.nrdc.org/sites/default/files/walletcard.pdf

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pork
Onions
Liver
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Brussel Sprouts
Blue Cheese
Beets
:hand:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Nutella.

And not on the list, but fresh coriander.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 - liver, raw fish, oysters
There are some other things that I dont serve but if I was at someone else's home and they served them to me I would eat them.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have eaten/would eat everything on the list. However, event though I will eat grapefruit alone (not often mind you) I'll pass on mixed fruit that has grapefruit in it. It's overpowering and makes everything taste like grapefruit.

Two fruits I cannot stand that everyone seems to love are cantaloupe and honey dew melon. I want to like cantaloupe, it looks delicious. Tastes like soap to me. I can tolerate watermelon but rarely eat it. It has the taste and texture of styrofoam soaked in sugar water.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd eat all of those. Liver is pretty broad - foie gras is delicious, but I don't usually eat it for ethical reasons. Pate in general is delicious. Raw fish in sushi, sashimi or poke is hella yum. Oysters, snails, etc are delightful if fresh.
For me, my issues come more with texture than taste. But I'm pretty adventurous, I'll try everything once.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No liver, fish or shellfish of any kind. I will eat tuna salad though..asparagus or mushrooms. :sick: I don’t like turkey but will eat it on Thanksgiving so I’m not a party pooper..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m completely with you on cottage cheese - it’s the food of the devil!
I love cottage cheese with a sliced banana, walnuts and a tablespoon of light sour cream. It was the Scarsdale diet substitute lunch in the 70’s! :lol:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I consider myself somewhat picky but I've eaten everything listed and will eat anything on the list.

I have a few idiosyncrasies, I don't like spices like cumin, fennel, lemongrass etc at all. I will eat all sorts of sea creatures but fish sauce churns my stomach. Might actually be the combination of a bunch of spices and fish sauce. Poultry also slightly grosses me out.

Then there are some absolute no goes for me like rodents, insects, reptiles, amphibians. :eek2:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy how did you work out what you could and couldn't eat? I keep thinking I have it worked out (no alcohol, no soy sauce, something added to certain chocolates like lindt). Then I realize something has set off my rosacea again and I have no idea what. It happened again yesterday, and I think something must have been added to the iced tea I bought -- I chose ice tea thinking it would be safe but apparently not. It is driving me crazy, and taking most of the fun out of eating things.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only got 3! :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy how did you work out what you could and couldn't eat? I keep thinking I have it worked out (no alcohol, no soy sauce, something added to certain chocolates like lindt). Then I realize something has set off my rosacea again and I have no idea what. It happened again yesterday, and I think something must have been added to the iced tea I bought -- I chose ice tea thinking it would be safe but apparently not. It is driving me crazy, and taking most of the fun out of eating things.

I have rosacea too. And eczema and Hashimoto's and hypothyroidism and some other (and very weird and rare) autoimmune diseases so I started an AIP diet last Spring. It's basically an elimination diet and you can add some things back over time. I know for sure dairy causes me GI upset and also causes my face to flare re rosacea as does alcohol. So those I cannot add back. I also do not eat legumes or nuts anymore (miss this as I was a vegan and now cannot be or I would not get any protein). Also no soy, no gluten as those are very inflammatory for those of us with AI diseases. It's a long list but here is a link that I hope you find helpful. Chocolate and caffeine can be inflammatory too depending on your reaction so you might want to just try an elimination and see how it goes. It is challenging at first but gets much easier as time goes by.

https://www.thepaleomom.com/start-here/the-autoimmune-protocol/

Good luck and I am here for you if I can be of any help.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha....so funny! Is it the green chile or the refried beans that causes your jito's problem??

The poor thing was born and raised until 13 in El Paso, so youd think hed have built up something in his immunity or gut that would allow him to eat the food here but no such luck. I chalk it down to him just having a "blonde stomach" but to me it sounds almost like IBS. We have a favorite authentic German food place in EP that we love and hes always fine after! Also doesnt have problems with any English or Irish food, but all Mexican food and anything ethnic gives him the immediate runs.....so sadly everything delicious.
I wouldnt laugh as hard if he didnt make those faces like he just saw a ghost while driving (it always comes on while driving btw, while we're immediately leaving the place) or if he didnt say "Oh No!!!" And park and run holding his bum.
Theres Also a few places that "burn" worse and I will absolutely not take him there.

Sorry everyone, I have a feeling that anyone made hungry by that list or that is eating while reading this suddenly isnt anymore...:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The poor thing was born and raised until 13 in El Paso, so youd think hed have built up something in his immunity or gut that would allow him to eat the food here but no such luck. I chalk it down to him just having a "blonde stomach" but to me it sounds almost like IBS. We have a favorite authentic German food place in EP that we love and hes always fine after! Also doesnt have problems with any English or Irish food, but all Mexican food and anything ethnic gives him the immediate runs.....so sadly everything deliscious.
I wouldnt laugh as hard if he didnt make those faces like he just saw a ghost while driving (it always comes on while driving btw, while we're immediately leaving the place) or if he didnt say "Oh No!!!" And park and run holding his bum.
Theres Also a few places that "burn" worse and I will absolutely not take him there.

Sorry everyone, I have a feeling that anyone made hungry by that list or that is eating while reading this suddenly isnt anymore...:lol:

Hahaha yes I suddenly have a craving for Mexican food.:lickout: I am sorry for your DH's reaction. I too find it challenging to enjoy Mexican food (and I LOVE Mexican food so much). About 20 years ago I started having asthma attacks whenever we went out to eat Mexican food. Isn't it weird how strange our bodies can react to certain things? And fuggedabout Chinese food. Or at least MSG (and I am thinking that probably isn't used anymore but not sure). When I was just a young girl I started having a burning reaction all up and down my neck and back whenever we went out to have Chinese food. Turns out it was the MSG. My body has always reacted strangely to things. I could write a (boring) book. :(( And it is ironic because I LOVE food so much.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha yes I suddenly have a craving for Mexican food.:lickout: I am sorry for your DH's reaction. I too find it challenging to enjoy Mexican food (and I LOVE Mexican food so much). About 20 years ago I started having asthma attacks whenever we went out to eat Mexican food. Isn't it weird how strange our bodies can react to certain things? And fuggedabout Chinese food. Or at least MSG (and I am thinking that probably isn't used anymore but not sure). When I was just a young girl I started having a burning reaction all up and down my neck and back whenever we went out to have Chinese food. Turns out it was the MSG. My body has always reacted strangely to things. I could write a (boring) book. :(( And it is ironic because I LOVE food so much.

Glad I didnt ruin one persons appetite! :lol-2:
That is so strange at first glance but I guess I could see, if something in the Mexican food was an irritant, and that that could have an affect momentarily on your respiratory system. That all sounds like fun :(( I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap! (Also sorry for the language but I call sucky health stuff what it is, hard, annoying crap!)
It would be very strange not to mention tiring to become ill after eating or to have flaire ups after.....as the very thing that is supposed to nourish and sustain you is hurting you or doing the opposite.
Hugs to you Missy! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results