shape
carat
color
clarity

What won't/ don't you eat on this list?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liver, bread of any kind, dressing, raw fish, oysters, chicken, peanut butter, blue cheese, any cheese, canned tuna or any tuna, ketchup, yogurt, eggs, nutella, turkey, beef, tomatoes, chocolate, pork, shrimp, mustard, eggplant, milk, soy sauce, mayonnaise, crab, olives and snails. But I might have missed a few things lol. I eat the AIP way. Auto immune Paleo but I do not eat meat so it's challenging.

Hahaha my what I will eat list would have been easier to share.:P2

georgeno.gif

Though much of what I cannot eat anymore :cry2: makes me go

yumm.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would and have eaten everything on the list. Some food like beef and pork isn't part of my everyday diet but I would eat it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
14 Items on my no go list. Anything seafood related grosses me out. :sick: I ate plenty of it as a child because I was forced to...but never again! Wheat bread is just yucky to me. I’ll eat my totally unhealthy white bread on those rare occasions I eat a sandwich. :mrgreen2:
Oh, and topping the list is yogurt. I hate yogurt! I’ve tried to eat it so many times over the years because it’s supposed to be good for you but I just don’t like it. What’s on your list @mellowyellowgirl ?

You know what I think should be on this list? Cottage cheese. Most people either love it or hate it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what I think should be on this list? Cottage cheese. Most people either love it or hate it.

True! When I was little I used to eat and love eating cottage cheese with green spaghetti. Yup I know. Gross sounding but OMG to this kid it was super delicious.:lol: Oh and I added sweet and low to that combo. :lol-2:Now it's just super gross.:knockout: And Cottage cheese is on my verboten list but all dairy is. Though I definitely do not care for its consistency these days so even if it wasn't a dairy food I would not eat it now.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Only liver (although I eat it in pate form - it’s the texture of a piece of it I can’t stand) and oysters are ruled out for me.

I’ve just made dates stuffed with peanut butter and dunked in dark chocolate, and I’m (im)patiently waiting for the chocolate to harden so I can devour them. I’m surprised dates aren’t on the list - they seem to be pretty divisive palate-wise!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
True! When I was little I used to eat and love eating cottage cheese with green spaghetti. Yup I know. Gross sounding but OMG to this kid it was super delicious.:lol: Oh and I added sweet and low to that combo. :lol-2:Now it's just super gross.:knockout: And Cottage cheese is on my verboten list but all dairy is. Though I definitely do not care for its consistency these days so even if it wasn't a dairy food I would not eat it now.

I’m completely with you on cottage cheese - it’s the food of the devil!

Currently three people on the side of hating cottage cheese. :lol-2:

@missy I used to love it as a kid too (though not with green spaghetti). Now I think it’s totally gross.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder though if we listed by foods we cannot eat vs foods we don't like to eat how different those lists would be. For me they would be very different. Most of the foods I don't eat I do not eat because it causes a negative reaction in my body and not because I don't like it. For example I LOVE peanut butter but it doesn't love me.:cry2:

Only liver (although I eat it in pate form - it’s the texture of a piece of it I can’t stand) and oysters are ruled out for me.

I’ve just made dates stuffed with peanut butter and dunked in dark chocolate, and I’m (im)patiently waiting for the chocolate to harden so I can devour them. I’m surprised dates aren’t on the list - they seem to be pretty divisive palate-wise!

OMG that sounds divinely yummy!:lickout:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125

6 things for me!

olives, blue cheese, canned tuna, lettuce, liver, ranch dressing

@lissyflo I don't care for dates but love sticky date pudding in colder weather!

@missy you poor thing! I love food! I'd be so upset if I couldn't eat all that.

Hehe I feel nauseated everytime I eat mung bean vermicelli threads but I love it so much I go right on eating it. I always warn those around me "I'll look sick but I'll be right after a while."

Amazingly I've managed to tolerate it better over the years.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you poor thing! I love food! I'd be so upset if I couldn't eat all that.

Aww thanks but it's not so bad. It's amazing what one adapts to if one has no choice. I always say what I can control I am grateful for because so much is not within our control. What I cannot control is what concerns me. For example I am currently dealing another health challenge and I am at the mercy of the powers that be. Praying I heal but little I can do to make that happen. But I digress. Just saying dietary restrictions are manageable and not a big deal to me compared to many other things.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks but it's not so bad. It's amazing what one adapts to if one has no choice. I always say what I can control I am grateful for because so much is not within our control. What I cannot control is what concerns me. For example I am currently dealing another health challenge and I am at the mercy of the powers that be. Praying I heal but little I can do to make that happen. But I digress. Just saying dietary restrictions are manageable and not a big deal to me compared to many other things.

*huggles hun bun*

Health is everything. I think sometimes people forget how lucky we are just to be able to get up and have the body work just fine. It's really a wonderful thing that a lot of us don't think about.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*huggles hun bun*

Health is everything. I think sometimes people forget how lucky we are just to be able to get up and have the body work just fine. It's really a wonderful thing that a lot of us don't think about.

Thanks @mellowyellowgirl sweetheart and (((hugs))) to you too. And one thing I always keep in mind it's all a matter of perspective. I feel relatively healthy and well. Just dealing with some cr** in life as we all do. As my wise dad always loved to say to me when I got upset "Missy, no one gets out of this life alive" :lol:

and as the great Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote:

healthiswealth.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am one of the pickiest eaters I know, save my kids :lol:
There are so many things I don’t eat on that list, I am embarrassed to say. :oops:
BUT I do eat very healthily. Mostly vegetables, greens, fruit and chicken. Having stomach issues presently precludes any beef or pork for me, but I do enjoy them.
I also have a sweet tooth :D

Edited to add I agree with RW Emerson, health is wealth..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am one of the pickiest eaters I know, save my kids :lol:
There are so many things I don’t eat on that list, I am embarrassed to say. :oops:
BUT I do eat very healthily. Mostly vegetables, greens, fruit and chicken. Having stomach issues presently precludes any beef or pork for me, but I do enjoy them.
I also have a sweet tooth :D

Edited to add I agree with RW Emerson, health is wealth..

@Sandeek you're not picky...

picky.gif

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t eat pickles, avocado, blue cheese, canned tuna, crab, peanut butter, pork, eggplant, beets, raw fish, oysters, Nutella, Mayo or snails :sick:

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-30_13-23-14.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-30_13-23-14.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 51

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
No mayonnaise or liver for me, but that is it!
I just hate the taste of both.
Everything else sounds delicious though, and is making my mouth salivate.
Also im not sure who my ancestors were or what they did but man did they give me a stomach like a tank! (I do know that there were German metalsmiths on my mom's side though, not sure if that would explain it or not.)
I can eat everything without having any adverse reactions whereas my poor beau gets the immediate runs if he eats anything that is latin or ethnic in any way. Yes this is the toe headed man lol. He loves Mexican food but I'm always canceling it out for dinner as Id have to deal with him being stinky for hours.
There have been 4 times in our relationship so far where he's had to pull over immediately to poo. Usually hes lucky and we are near a bathroom but one time we weren't and there was only wide open desert space....nothing to hide behind off of the highway. I had to walk over to the crime scene and give him the 4 paper towels that we had left......I call that love! Haha

I try not to laugh everytime but he does it to himself and will decide to eat that stuff!
I know im awful :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dont eat:

ranch dressing
coconut
raw fish
nutella

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
There are only a couple things on the list that I don’t like, onions and mustard. But I do cook with them in several recipes, so I buy them frequently.

I haven’t tried oysters, snails, or beets.

I developed kidney stones during my last pregnancy, so while I love tea, I no longer drink it. I try to stay away from anything that could give me another stone. Water and coffee are the only drinks I have regularly, maybe wine or a cocktail once or twice a month.

Some things on the list I like, but only in specific ways. Like liver, I like it as fried chicken liver, but don’t think I could eat liver and onions. I love Gorgonzola in salad or pasta, but regular blue cheese is too strong for me.

So my answer would be a confusing 1-8 o_O:lol-2:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
17 - I'm vegetarian so none of the meats/seafood, and I detest olives & mushrooms, and don't care for beets/mayo/mustard/ketchup/nutella...

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Liver, the smell is ungodly.
Snails, I just don't get it :sick:
I dislike raw tomtatoes, cooked or sun dried is fine.
Never had ranch dressing but would give it a go!
Blue cheese isn't for me unless cooked
I also don't eat salmon as I'm allergic.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No seafood, no nutella as I'm allergic. I think I'm at 11 items on the no go. The others I would/could eat but wouldn't necessarily go out of my way for most of them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have eaten everything on the list in the past, however I would not choose to eat some of them again if I have a choice, like turkey.

DK :))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liver
pork
raw fish
turkey
onions
snails
chicken
beef

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only 3, I’ve always hated liver, don’t eat pork any more and there was sand in my first ever (also last ever) oyster. Bleuchhhh!:eek2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am OK with all items on this list.
Mom was an adventurous cook, so I was raised eating everything.
I'm not crazy about red meat, but I do eat it on occasion.
I have never had snails, but I am willing to try them!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It probably wasn’t “sand”... like the “vein” in shrimp. That’s not filled with sand, either. :lol::knockout:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No mayonnaise or liver for me, but that is it!
I just hate the taste of both.
Everything else sounds delicious though, and is making my mouth salivate.
Also im not sure who my ancestors were or what they did but man did they give me a stomach like a tank! (I do know that there were German metalsmiths on my mom's side though, not sure if that would explain it or not.)
I can eat everything without having any adverse reactions whereas my poor beau gets the immediate runs if he eats anything that is latin or ethnic in any way. Yes this is the toe headed man lol. He loves Mexican food but I'm always canceling it out for dinner as Id have to deal with him being stinky for hours.
There have been 4 times in our relationship so far where he's had to pull over immediately to poo. Usually hes lucky and we are near a bathroom but one time we weren't and there was only wide open desert space....nothing to hide behind off of the highway. I had to walk over to the crime scene and give him the 4 paper towels that we had left......I call that love! Haha

I try not to laugh everytime but he does it to himself and will decide to eat that stuff!
I know im awful :lol:
Hahahaha....so funny! Is it the green chile or the refried beans that causes your jito's problem??

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6 things for me. I will eat anything almost. But as I get older, I am liking meat less and less. And I hate fish, all kinds except extremely fresh tuna.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two. I eat everything on that list except Nutella and coffee.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results