clarity

What to do with ten loose 44pt diamonds? POLL

what to do with ten 44 pt diamonds

• Total voters

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix what a delightful dilemma! :cool2:

@kama_s’s and @loveprettylittlethings’s bracelets are such showstoppers in photos - I can only imagine what they must look like in-person!! :love:

I do love the idea of a substantial tennis bracelet! I have to wonder, though... IIRC your all-diamond bracelet collection includes your Cartier pave bangle, your VCA Perlee bangle, your double-halo station bracelet, and your IDJ reset tennis bracelet... does your rotation have use for another “staple” tennis bracelet?

OTOH I don’t recall you ever posting about hoops before. So... What’s your current hoop collection like? :mrgreen2: I’m intrigued by this idea - I’ve been wanting a large eternity band with 45-50pointers, and if I find that I don’t wear my current eternity with 20pt stones much afterward my plan is to have them reset into hoops. That said, your stones are over twice the weight of mine!! And you already know that overly-heavy earrings will bother your ears, so IMO you’re very right to be proactive about making sure weight won’t be an issue.

If you do go the earrings route... Sheerah is my WF rep as well, and she really is as wonderful as @m-2-b says! She’s helpful, knowledgeable, patient, and always very responsive - and Vera is a darling ::) you’re in wonderful hands with them!

And Erika Winters really is a dream to work with :kiss2: she’s a bit different though: she’s a visionary, and it’s important to her that all pieces she designs fit her style. If you like the look and feel of her portfolio I definitely recommend reaching out to get her thoughts ::) and I’d be happy to send her an email if that’d be helpful.

All that said. @Phoenix, if I had to name one PSer who embodies Leon Mege’s style, it’d be you. I know that he’s unpopular on PS, but I have had excellent experiences working with him and I wouldn’t hesitate to do so again, and in my most honest, most persnickety opinion - for modern style, bold minimalism, and aesthetically-measured use of pave... with the exception of one or two very specific designs Leon’s eye for fluidity, curve, and dimension is simply unparalleled. He is could certainly do earrings or a bracelet justice.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do decide on earrings do consider 18k WG alloyed with palladium - much lighter than platinum, hypoallergenic, white-white no plating required.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote bracelet too. I’d find that much carat weight heavy on my ears They’d be pretty though.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not a big crew like a JamesAllen call center. I think that if you called and got Vera, who is the welcome wagon with the mega watt smile, shed be able to guide you to the best rep to help you. She may even be the one to help you!

Thank you, @PintoBean.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you already have a large eternity? That would be my pick if I had 10 beautiful stones.

I have one with 15-ish pts. That's about as big as I can go on my fingers before they start to feel uncomfortable. I'm all about comfort, me.:))

I do love to look at larger eternities though on others.

Reactions: AV_

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix! Yes, I do have an excellent relationship with WF--they have helped me on numerous bling projects, including my own special order 20pt platinum diamond tennis bracelet from a few years back! My wonderful sales associate is Sheerah (and Vera if I need her)! I'll let Sheerah know to be looking out for your email and let her know that I referred you. WF made a 10ct+ diamond bracelet for kama_s using 30pt diamonds that you may want to consider for inspiration (and she's got great taste just like you!).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-7-8-ctw-whiteflash-diamond-bracelet.212447/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/10-ct-whiteflash-aca-tennis-bracelet.240386/

Thank you so much, @m-2-b, I ADORE both your and @kama_s's tennis bracelets.

I'll reach out to Sheerah. Maybe I'll email Sheerah, copy Vera. And yes, I'll tell her you referred me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
17D08C01-30CF-45F4-BF6D-2875E5CBF936.jpeg 09A66071-4967-4949-B528-1848BA45F06A.jpeg
I rarely post, but I have been around lately, looking for inspiration for a new ring and this thread piqued my interest.

As another option for a vendor... I had a tennis bracelet made by BGD last year, and it is one of my most favorite, most worn pieces. The setting was a custom platinum four prong bracelet with BDG black and signature stones, ranging from 30-34 pointers. I know the four prong isn’t as popular as the three for bracelets on pricescope, but I was particular about the setting and thus ended up going custom.

I think a bracelet with stones of that size would be phenomenal!! Hope you are able to create something that you love!

Your bracelet is GORGEOUS!

I think, if I go the bracelet route, it'd be 4-pronged.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tennis bracelet would be my choice, and I would definitely do 4 prongs for stones that size. (@loveprettylittlethings yours is GORGEOUS!!!)

I think if you truly desire a tennis bracelet with large stones, it's a great idea. But I would sell the stones and buy a VCA piece, if you don't.

One more thought, if they are not ideal cut, I'd sell them and get an ACA bracelet from Whiteflash. Kama considered a premade bracelet with high color and clarity, but she ended up deciding that top cut ACA stones and F-G color (I believe) was better overall. You could probably sell these in pairs if no one wanted all 10.

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to sell my 10 stones and get an all ACA-bracelet. My ideal would be one with 40pts. A gf has a tennis bracelet of 30pts and it doesn't look too different from my illusion set one.

But selling my 10 stones, even in pairs, would be such a PIA....the work and time that would have to be incurred!:eek-2:

I wonder if WF would take in my stones. I doubt that, given they are smaller stones and also WF seem to have changed their trade-in policy as of late.

If anyone wants to buy all 10 at once, I'm all ears, lol. They're all GIA triple Excellent. I can even post the ten GIA certs here, if anyone wants me to.

Last edited:

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can I ask how you came to have such a high quality problem? :D:D:D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask how you came to have such a high quality problem? :D:D:D

:lol:

These diamonds came from another bracelet that I had. The setting was poor and the diamonds kept falling out. I got fed up and just had all the diamonds removed.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just another bracelet style suggestion.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ame-early-idj-station-tennis-bracelet.235887/

If you make a bangle, put the existing ones on the bottom so you don't cry if you chip them and get ACA melee for the balance of the bracelet... the top of your wrist that you stare at most lolol.

Pretty bracelet, but I'd really like a tennis bracelet.

Hmmm...I suspect there may be a difference in appearance between my GIA stones and ACA's. I'd rather all GIA triple Excellent (and then again, the extra stones would need to be hand-selected to best match my existing ones) or all ACAs. Just being OCD, lol.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bangle sounds good to me I know someone did one recently using the stones from a tennis bracelet just can't remember who. Have you thought about just selling them though and putting the funds towards your upgrade?

Yes, I have. Please see my reply to DS above. I'm not relishing the thought of having to sell all ten stones.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix what a delightful dilemma! :cool2:

@kama_s’s and @loveprettylittlethings’s bracelets are such showstoppers in photos - I can only imagine what they must look like in-person!! :love:

I do love the idea of a substantial tennis bracelet! I have to wonder, though... IIRC your all-diamond bracelet collection includes your Cartier pave bangle, your VCA Perlee bangle, your double-halo station bracelet, and your IDJ reset tennis bracelet... does your rotation have use for another “staple” tennis bracelet?

Haha, yes. I have pondered this "issue". I wear all of those, for example, the VCA Perlee Clover when I am wearing RG and/ or YG, the Cartier Love pave when I am wearing WG & Pt and want to go more "high-end", the 2 illusion-set tennis bracelets together when I go not so high-end. I lack a higher end tennis bracelet, one that is not illusion-set, hence this "dilemma", lol.

OTOH I don’t recall you ever posting about hoops before. So... What’s your current hoop collection like? :mrgreen2: I’m intrigued by this idea - I’ve been wanting a large eternity band with 45-50pointers, and if I find that I don’t wear my current eternity with 20pt stones much afterward my plan is to have them reset into hoops. That said, your stones are over twice the weight of mine!! And you already know that overly-heavy earrings will bother your ears, so IMO you’re very right to be proactive about making sure weight won’t be an issue.

I have/ have had numerous hoops & huggies. I actually lump the two categories as "hoops" though I think I know there's a difference. At the moment, I own two pairs of inexpensive diamond hoops, worn when I am going super casual or when I am travelling. A larger pair of hoops/ huggies would be fabulous when I want to dress up and bling up a bit, provided the weight does not bother me. Your 20pt stones would make fabulous hoops.

If you do go the earrings route... Sheerah is my WF rep as well, and she really is as wonderful as @m-2-b says! She’s helpful, knowledgeable, patient, and always very responsive - and Vera is a darling ::) you’re in wonderful hands with them!

And Erika Winters really is a dream to work with :kiss2: she’s a bit different though: she’s a visionary, and it’s important to her that all pieces she designs fit her style. If you like the look and feel of her portfolio I definitely recommend reaching out to get her thoughts ::) and I’d be happy to send her an email if that’d be helpful.

Thank you. Yes, please. I'd just need to first make sure I am gonna go wth her. Will keep you updated.

All that said. @Phoenix, if I had to name one PSer who embodies Leon Mege’s style, it’d be you. I know that he’s unpopular on PS, but I have had excellent experiences working with him and I wouldn’t hesitate to do so again, and in my most honest, most persnickety opinion - for modern style, bold minimalism, and aesthetically-measured use of pave... with the exception of one or two very specific designs Leon’s eye for fluidity, curve, and dimension is simply unparalleled. He is could certainly do earrings or a bracelet justice.

Ha, I wasn't considering Leon. But yeah, why not? I do indeed like his workmanship and consider his pieces my best ones, aesthetically.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do decide on earrings do consider 18k WG alloyed with palladium - much lighter than platinum, hypoallergenic, white-white no plating required.

This is excellent information to have! Thank you. I wonder if Leon would work with such an alloy. Any idea if WF does?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty bracelet, but I'd really like a tennis bracelet.

Hmmm...I suspect there may be a difference in appearance between my GIA stones and ACA's. I'd rather all GIA triple Excellent (and then again, the extra stones would need to be hand-selected to best match my existing ones) or all ACAs. Just being OCD, lol.
Tennis bracelet go mind clean for sure all acas. But bangle who cares if the side you'll smash up wontbe as nice. Replace them as you smash them bahahhaa

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have. Please see my reply to DS above. I'm not relishing the thought of having to sell all ten stones.

No I get you, fair enough her suggestion was to buy WF acas though I was just thinking for the $.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I get you, fair enough her suggestion was to buy WF acas though I was just thinking for the $.

I appreciate your thinking about that. I'd love to save the $ too.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a 'half empty' kind of gal so for me with DBTY all I see is space (chain) and not the diamonds. I like the huggy earring idea above. Or you could make a beautiful circle or heart shaped pendant.

LoveWins

Rough_Rock
I say bangle or earrings would be beautiful.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I recently had a full diamond bangle made from a tennis bracelet but my stones are much smaller at 10 pts each. A bracelet with your size stones would be amazing.

I’ve included a photo of my bracelet. Sorry for 4FF10582-A948-48DA-BBA9-1811C5F50658.jpeg the poor quality but I took the picture from my I-pad.

Attachments

• 03C1AA19-F016-4D27-83E0-E2DAFA54BEBD.jpeg
    03C1AA19-F016-4D27-83E0-E2DAFA54BEBD.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 32

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t even imagine what hoop earrings with .40 sones would look like.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I personally would have a curved bar style necklace made, and maybe add a few diamonds to either side of the line so that the size tapers down, and with a stiffer style "chain," perhaps like a cobra or braided collar style. It's a classic style, and can be worn with almost anything.

17D08C01-30CF-45F4-BF6D-2875E5CBF936.jpeg 09A66071-4967-4949-B528-1848BA45F06A.jpeg
I rarely post, but I have been around lately, looking for inspiration for a new ring and this thread piqued my interest.

As another option for a vendor... I had a tennis bracelet made by BGD last year, and it is one of my most favorite, most worn pieces. The setting was a custom platinum four prong bracelet with BDG black and signature stones, ranging from 30-34 pointers. I know the four prong isn’t as popular as the three for bracelets on pricescope, but I was particular about the setting and thus ended up going custom.

I think a bracelet with stones of that size would be phenomenal!! Hope you are able to create something that you love!
Wow, your bracelet is phenomenal! I've never been interested in tennis bracelets because there's usually either too much metal showing or there's gaps between the stones that bug me. But this is perfection and it's totally changed my mind about them!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a guy, it's touch to get buy with a tennis bracelet or hoop earrings. You have to make a more masculine statement....:lol:

latest

Wow, your bracelet is phenomenal! I've never been interested in tennis bracelets because there's usually either too much metal showing or there's gaps between the stones that bug me. But this is perfection and it's totally changed my mind about them!

Thank you so much!! I think BGD did a beautiful job. I had been actively searching for a four prong bracelet that emphasized the roundness of each diamond with minimal metal. I love that the height of the profile is low-set as well. BGD had just happened to be working on this custom setting for another client when I asked, and I immediately ordered one for myself too. =)2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix Any updates as to what you decided eventually?:kiss2:

Lol. I've decided to reset it into my original halo bracelet (each diamond is surrounded by a double halo). It's too much trouble and costly to source for matching stones, to make into a full tennis bracelet.

angeljosephy

Rough_Rock
Premium
Lol. I've decided to reset it into my original halo bracelet (each diamond is surrounded by a double halo). It's too much trouble and costly to source for matching stones, to make into a full tennis bracelet.

@Phoenix That's good to know! Here's to hoping that your reset will have significantly better craftsmanship so that the stones will not be popping out as they previously did.=)2

I'm still secretly hoping that you willl get a kickass large carat (maybe ACA) tennis bracelet though.:tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results