shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with my old diamond? Re-cut? Sell? GIA included

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
a recut from round brilliant to (ideal) oec with only a .02 loss in carat weight!?!?! wow THAT is really impressive

$900-$950 is not just for ari to recut your diamond. BUT also to unset the stone, "clean up" the ring and install new prongs, after 20 years of constant wear. AND you have the benefit of his guidance and watchful eye all along the way, without needing to take the risk and expense to ship your diamond, with the added bonus of some play time with his box of diamonds ... !?!!

that is a great price!!! you did SO well:clap:bravo!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
a recut from round brilliant to (ideal) oec with only a .02 loss in carat weight!?!?! wow THAT is really impressive

$900-$950 is not just for ari to recut your diamond. BUT also to unset the stone, "clean up" the ring and install new prongs, after 20 years of constant wear. AND you have the benefit of his guidance and watchful eye all along the way, without needing to take the risk and expense to ship your diamond, with the added bonus of some play time with his box of diamonds ... !?!!

that is a great price!!! you did SO well:clap:bravo!

To be fair, the stone was not set when he received it. I had it removed by someone else and I sent it to GIA to get info on it before deciding on the recut. I have to say that I love what seems to be great quality control at SingleStone. This is my first time working with them, so I don’t know if these are the rules or just my experience. But, the ring was ready last Friday and I happened to be in downtown LA on Friday and called to see if I could pick it up. The response was no because Ari hadn’t seen it in the final setting and hadn’t approved it. Although I wanted my ring on Friday, I was so thrilled that (it seems) the pieces have to be inspected by Ari before they are released. Ari may also be taking pity on me because I’m having issues with my upgraded engagement ring and I bored him with my story and all of my woes. I’ve only been in the store 3 times, but every time he has been there and chats with me. If I ever win the lottery, I’m buying a SingleStone ring (a big one)!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
So, how terribly really not very good is it?
Years ago my father was test-driving an Audi and he noticed a door ding. He asked the salesman who answered, "If it were mine, I'd leave it alone." (Now part of the family lexicon.)
It's not without risk. Diamonds crack while being set and while setting the table.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I stand corrected - it's gorgeous.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Love the transformation! Congrats!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
If it hasn't been set yet, can you ask Ari to check for something that looks weird in his picture? Around 11 o'clock in the after picture, there appears to be some chips that weren't in your diamond before the cut. Not sure if it's reflecting something but I'd want that checked out.

Thanks! I contacted SingleStone and they informed me no damage was done and that the chip in the pic is the result of a bad photo. I see exactly what you’re talking about. I’ve been informed that Ari went back and “triple checked”. I’m picking up the piece in just a few hours (!).

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad you went ahead with the recut. It looks gorgeous!!! I love it in your original setting, too. It turned out amazing and I’m looking forward to more pics when you get it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results