shape
carat
color
clarity

what to do when you dislike your custom setting?

violetjane

Rough_Rock
sassy_pants|1457297881|4000669 said:
It's a gorgeous ring! Congrats! But the most important part is that you are really happy with how it turned out.

I really appreciate you sharing this story, even though it did open you up to lots of criticism, I think you handled it with such grace. It was very generous of you to share this experience as a cautionary tale for the rest of us. I'm just starting on a custom reset of my engagement ring now, and I before reading this I will admit I was briefly tempted to go with someone local, just for the convenience factor. But this really helped me make what I'm sure will be a smarter (and surprisingly less expensive) choice of going with a PS-approved vendor.

How very kind of you to say that :twirl:

Actually this really makes me glad to hear, this was exactly what I hoped to accomplish by updating the situation, not simply to gripe lol :lol: ..

AND, I'm really really glad that that's your takeaway, because having been through it ( and very thankfully, having a happy ending) I still can say, I could have saved myself a ton of anxiety and worry and stress by going with a PS vendor- really though, I had only just found PS when I commissioned the ring, and had I put in more research on PS I think I would have realized that getting something super close to a VC or SK or LM or any of the masters from a typical B& M local person would be awfully difficult and certainly fraught.

I am SO happy with it- as I said, there are the tiniest little things ( he forgot to do the bezel set birthstones into the band underside as we'd discussed, and the pave isn't as perfectly elegant and as understated as VC, but this would only be to my eye.

This ring also has less diamond weight by a fair amount, but my appraisal was for the same amount as the first ring and he didnt say anything about any sort of refund ( which you might think was coming, based on the lesser diamond weight) but being that I love the ring, and its over, I just let it go.

It was hard being assertive as I'm programmed to say yes to things that i don't always want to, so I'm glad I stood my ground. What a journey!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, thank you for sharing your journey and for coming back to update us on the final result. I think it looks beautiful and most importantly you're happy with it and that is all that matters!! Happy for you! :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, what a difference!!!

violetjane

Rough_Rock
thanks again for the nice compliments, I LOVE my ER ring! a few more glamour shots for the road ;-) Can someone advise me on how to change my profile pic? I forgot how I did it the first time and can't seem to find the how to here on the site.

dsc_0019.jpg

dsc_0037_4.jpg

dsc_0038_0.jpg

dsc_0016_0.jpg

dsc_0035.jpg

dsc_0028.jpg

dsc_0040.jpg

dsc_0031.jpg

dsc_0016.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results