shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do next

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So I got a bonus from work and it''s burning a hole in my pocket. I currently have 3 unset stones at home that I''m contemplating doing something with:

1. a cushion cut dark teal blue spinel (1.42 cts)
2. an oval cut green-blue chrysoberyl (1.19 cts)
3. a trillion cut yellow-green chrysoberyl (3.94 cts)

The spinel shows up pretty accurately but the oval chrysoberyl is more green than blue (unfortunately, it''s also a bit windowed) and the trillion chrysoberyl is yellow-green rather than gold.

I can''t decide if I should make a necklace with the trillion chrysoberyl, perhaps with a halo or sidestones or some type of ring with the spinel or oval chrysoberyl. What would you do with these gems?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee how fun! If that was ME I am rather partial to that purty blue cushion and would set that in plat or WG with either a diamond halo or two side stones.... trilliants maybe....YUM!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Kismet! Such a problem!
2.gif

I love the cushion spinel...either in a ring or a pendant, depending on what you "need".

What about a pendant like Matadora''s stunner???

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll never get tired of these moody blue spinels!

Have you seen the ''circle'' pendants from Good Old Gold with one larger stone on orbit... so to speak?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The spinel with a clear lead so far. :)

Date: 1/6/2006 11:43:07 AM
Author: valeria101

Have you seen the ''circle'' pendants from Good Old Gold with one larger stone on orbit... so to speak?

I have not seen them. I did a cursory check of Good Old Gold''s website but didn''t see them there either. Do you have a picture or two?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I "bezeled up" your stones into the pendent Val has mentioned.

Bezel_up.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for the spinel.. yummy blue

I love the design that was posted with the 3 stones though

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The eternity circle is very nice, but I don't think I'd set all three stones together though. I was cruising through the Rocky Talky forum and I was thinking that the spinel might look very nice in something like that Daniel K. split crown ring that mrssalvo tried on in Pearlmans (although that particular setting is probably out of my price range).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 4:33:07 PM
Author: Kismet
The eternity circle is very nice, but I don''t think I''d set all three stones together though. I was cruising through the Rocky Talky forum and I was thinking that the spinel might look very nice in something like that Daniel K. split crown ring that mrssalvo tried on in Pearlmans (although that particular setting is probably out of my price range).

I love that setting. It would look stunning. You could always get something custom made!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
375x375.aspx

I really like the shape of this setting for my spinel, but do you think it would lose all it''s oomph if it was engraved as oppsed to the diamond pave? It''s not that I don''t like the diamonds, but I think I''d feel really silly putting a $25 stone amidst all those diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results