shape
carat
color
clarity

What Style of Diamond Bracelet do You Prefer?

What style of diamond tennis bracelet do you prefer?

• 3 Prong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bezel

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
What style of diamond tennis bracelet do you prefer and why? 3 prong, 4 prong, bezel, other?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 3 prong because I feel it is simple, elegant, and shows off the roundness of the diamonds more than a 4 prong would (they look more square there).

The bracelet I have from Wink is actually a 4 prong (probably a little safer in terms of diamonds not falling out) but has the look of a 3 prong because 2 of the prongs are very close together.

My two 3 prong bracelets can be seen here.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cflutist surely has a strong argument down her sleeve - literally! Even two of them
2.gif

The third vote for "bezel" is mine. Definitely like how this setting sets of the shape of the stones, and some version seems to work well with just about any size of diamonds, from a couple of points to way more. Besides, bracelets are the piece of jewelry that takes the most abuze, so bezels sound like a safe bet.
Now, there is just one vote for the style, but allot of versions worth considering between half-bezel, box and deco girdle settings
34.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for bezel myself because I have seen some very beautiful ones. On the other hand, the selection for 4 prong bracelets is more numerous.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a bracelet just like cflutist''s...not because of the prongs, because of the stone size. I love that bracelet and the one about which I have written (shown on the Tradeshop''s website). (I think that one has bezel-set stones.)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 3:18
6.gif
5 AM
Author: valeria101
Cflutist surely has a strong argument down her sleeve - literally! Even two of them
2.gif

The third vote for ''bezel'' is mine. Definitely like how this setting sets of the shape of the stones, and some version seems to work well with just about any size of diamonds, from a couple of points to way more. Besides, bracelets are the piece of jewelry that takes the most abuze, so bezels sound like a safe bet.

Now, there is just one vote for the style, but allot of versions worth considering between half-bezel, box and deco girdle settings
34.gif
ditto what val said :}

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 3:18
6.gif
5 AM
Besides, bracelets are the piece of jewelry that takes the most abuze, so bezels sound like a safe bet.
Hmm, very valid point about wear and durability. These settings seem very popular now, but I'm not sure about the "test of time classic look" of 3/4 prong.

I guess something like the one below is a crowd favorite?

sbezel.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
4 prong......

.......because it is the classic setting for a line bracelet. I don''t think one can go wrong with the classics. A diamond bracelet will last a lifetime & beyond.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 10:46
6.gif
6 AM
Author: fire&ice
; A diamond bracelet will last a lifetime & beyond.

Amen to that!
12.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2005 10:46:6 AM
Author: fire&ice

I don''t think one can go wrong with the classics
Sure... I am not as much in tune with what''s "in" and "out". Bezel sounds "deco" to me and old charm, but that doesn''t make them fashionable, of course.
12.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2005 10:12:22 AM
Author: noobie

Hmm, very valid point about wear and durability.
I can say that I have worn my 3 prong tennis bracelet on a daily basis with no problems for 15 years before I bought the new one from Wink.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 11:19:39 AM

Sure... I am not as much in tune with what''s ''in'' and ''out''.
Hey, I resemble this remark
1.gif
I thought Juicy was a candy or drink, not a clothing line.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 12:11:24 PM
Author: noobie

Date: 1/12/2005 11:19:39 AM

Sure... I am not as much in tune with what's 'in' and 'out'.
Hey, I resemble this remark
1.gif
I thought Juicy was a candy or drink, not a clothing line.
It's amazing what you learn here, isn't it?
2.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, Here are some pics of the top two contenders. I ruled out the four prong after seeing some in stores. I''m back and forth between these two. Both are 5 carats

AC.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the other one. What do you think? By the way, that''s NOT my wrist in the pictures.

AC2.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love the bezel set! I didn''t think I would prefer it until I saw the picture. Very nice.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Noobie, after conducting a very scientific experiment whereby I stepped back from the monitor in 1 foot increments
1.gif
-- I have to vote for the bezel because with the first one, my eyes kept focusing on the setting''s funky bar look but on the bezel they focused on the stones. I also learned to look for trip hazards when walking backward
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
my eyes kept focusing on the setting's funky bar look but on the bezel they focused on the stones. I also learned to look for trip hazards when walking backward
9.gif
I'm not liking the funky bar situation either, but not sure about the bezel setting. Cflutist has the best settings I've seen. Her two bracelets are timeless and straight and to the point as they're just about diamonds around the wrists, no distractions.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
design wise - the 3 prongs looks awkward to me and the stones don''t look round.

Between the two - I vote bezel - but I''m still a four prongs gal!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry Noobie, but I still like the 3 prong. When I look at the bezel setting, my eyes are drawn to all the metal instead of the diamonds. I went back to look at my posts and I still think that the roundness of the diamonds shows in both of my bracelets.

The 3 and 4 prong style bracelets have stood the test of time. I remember the bars, the Ss, the Xs, the X and Os, the channel set, the full bezel, and now the half bezel. Like MC said, maybe I am "just the facts mam" kind of gal.

Is there a way to find out what your wife prefers without her knowing what you are up to? I think it is her opinion that matters the most here.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2005 4:48:48 PM
Author: cflutist
I am sorry Noobie, but I still like the 3 prong...
I''m not much of a bracelet fan so I don''t pay allot of attention to how they''re made when browsing shops for other things... but this three prong setting seemed so "deja vu". Now I know where I saw one - one good picture online proves the fact. Here it is!

6837.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the 3 prong looks more delicate.
the bezel looks solid.
so...... my vote is 3 prong.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Three prong.
9.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 4:48:48 PM
Author: cflutist
Is there a way to find out what your wife prefers without her knowing what you are up to? I think it is her opinion that matters the most here.
Yes, that's the only one that matters. I'm leaning to buying both and sending one back. With my luck she'll pick the 4 prong.
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I am not really a tennis fan...but I like the bezel the best in those two pictures...

Make sure she wants a tennis bracelet...as I don't love that style of row of diamonds, whether it's 3/4/bezel...I prefer something a bit more unique. I know it's 'classic' but it just never appealed to me and we all know how much I love diamonds!
1.gif

However, my gal friend has an amazing bracelet which I guess is technically a 'tennis' but not in the typical sense of the word as her diamonds are extremely tiny like pave and the braclet itself is very thin as well, about 2mm, but yet the carat weight is about 2c, so it's got alot of bling to it. I adore it, it's like a shimmering sparkly line on her wrist. She's had it for 2 years, wears it daily and has had no problems with it. If I got a bracelet in the future..I would love one like hers!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2005 102:42 PM
Author: Mara

However, my gal friend has an amazing bracelet which I guess is technically a ''tennis'' but not in the typical sense of the word as her diamonds are extremely tiny like pave and the braclet itself is very thin as well, about 2mm, but yet the carat weight is about 2c, so it''s got alot of bling to it. I adore it, it''s like a shimmering sparkly line on her wrist.
Aha! Is it a bangle ? I saw something fitting the description a couple of days ago. The stones were so small I couldn''t figure out how they were set really but the total looks like pave allright.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Between the two I like the bezel.

Wow- is she going to be pleasantly surprised.

(Hey Noobie- can I give you my husband''s cell number?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No that''s the beauty of it, it''s not a bangle (which I also dislike..heehee), it''s just like a tennis in how it lays on the wrist, the diamonds are just tiny. It may also be 3 sided, hence the higher carat weight on a very thin amount of metal..it''s just plain beeeoootiful!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2005 10:35:10 PM

It may also be 3 sided, hence the higher carat weight on a very thin amount of metal..it''s just plain beeeoootiful!
Sounds very non-familiar... but amazing (diamond caterpillar ?). It doesn''t seem clear at all how on Earth those diamonds stay together, there must be one very clever jeweler behind that bracelet
10.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 10
6.gif
2:42 PM

Make sure she wants a tennis bracelet...as I don''t love that style of row of diamonds, whether it''s 3/4/bezel...I prefer something a bit more unique. I know it''s ''classic'' but it just never appealed to me and we all know how much I love diamonds!
1.gif

Well I was going to buy her this one and then I decided what the heck, I might as well upgrade to a nice tennis bracelet. As F&I said, it''ll last a lifetime and beyond. Worst case I can always send it back with a good return policy and I can pick up the little cute one later this year or even save it as a stocking stuffer

DB56400300_zoom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results