shape
carat
color
clarity

What Style of Diamond Bracelet do You Prefer?

What style of diamond tennis bracelet do you prefer?

• 3 Prong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bezel

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not ready to have Wink make up a bracelet for me, so I don''t have to think about prongs or stone size yet. I hate to miss an opportunity to post a shot of the bracelet that originally made me want a tennis bracelet, though. I had thought that they were all full of tiny stones and a lot of prominent metal, then I saw this one :). It is from The Tradeshop''s website.

Deb

tradeshopbracelet.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just compared the bracelet I posted to the original bracelet with bezel-set stones posted by noobie. I prefer the one I posted because there is more space between the bezel-set stones. If you look at the picture of the one from the Tradeshops''s site you can see it is constructed differently. It looks as if the stones are mounted on something with separations between them. Can that be?

Deborah

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2005 118:42 PM
Author: AGBF
It looks as if the stones are mounted on something with separations between them. Can that be?
It looks like the diamonds are set in full bezels, not halfs. If so... there are small (flexible) bridges of metal between the bezels that hardly show at all unless the bracelet is bent widely. As far as I know.

Found this one for starters: these are big bezels, but the elements are linked together in the most usual way (see the back side).

13347956_xl.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and one as devoided of metal as they get:

hexB.jpg

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I voted for Bazel as I am not sure what it is but I really like them. I also love the princess cut channel set bracelets as well I have a multicoloured gem one and it gets so many good comments.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 11:53:10 PM
Author: valeria101
...and one as devoided of metal as they get:
Ana,

Where did you find this bracelet?

Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2005 12:19:44 AM
Author: MichelleCarmen
Ana, Where did you find this bracelet?

Thanks!
Good question ! I am pretty bad at keeping track of these. Looking at the watermark - it should be Ebay
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Val that last bracelet is yummy! I don''t see that as a traditional tennis bracelet either...
2.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another one I''m considering. It''s sorta a hybrid 3 prong bezel. It has 3 prongs but with a bezel like base.

What do you think?

AnA: I saw a millgrain bezel similiar to the one you posted, except the mountings were round versus hexagons or octagons, ver nice as well. However, I know she does not like millgrain, more smooth lines

3prbez.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Noobie - my 2 cents - not fond of the last one you posted at all. Not only all the metal of the bezel - but then the metal of the prongs. It looks more like an illusion setting.

I''ve got several different line bracelets. The square stones tend to be set in bezel. The rounds in a classic four prong. Are you diffenently going with one row? Have you thought about mixing the stones? A Diamond/ruby or Diamond/sapphire combo?

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
F&I,

I pretty sure about a all diamond bracelet. This will really be the first diamond bracelet that she gets so I want it to be be somewhat classic. There will be times and occasions for other styles.

I do like AGBFs, but I''m not planning on 33 point stones ala cflustist! You know I looked at 4 prong styles and to me they seem to make the stones look square, almost princess shape from a few feet away. Made me feel like why not just get a princess if I want that look.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the four prongs definitely squares off the stones - hence the term "line" bracelet.
9.gif

Some settings do make the stones look rounder. My major one is older & is set with the bars & held by 2 prongs. Personally, I''ve always like the look. Pretty basic stuff.

I think if you look around something will be just perfect.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I am becoming more and more of a bezel fan. My neighbor has a bezel bracelet and a prong set one, and I like the bezel better. It really shows of the stones and has some shape to it, which I think is why I like it better than the line look. I suppose it is personal preference. Tho the line bracelets are beautiful, I think the bezel setting is more distinctive.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you guys vote for the prong&box version at BN ?
20.gif
it just seem to combine the bulk of havy bezels with the catch-it-all ability of prongs
11.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Ana, LOL!! I was thinking the same thing about the bn.!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking at those BN ones. Maybe they are for people like me that can''t decide
2.gif
3.gif
?

F&I, Here''s a 4 prong for you.

4pr.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving this half bezel from WF

halfbezel.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just out of curiosity ... it seems quite a feat to find any trace of full bezel bracelets, not to mention one with thin bezels. Actually, the only ones found quickly were in an antique shop (there was a round where the hexagonal comes from) and a fancy round and marquis set piece at Tiffany''s. What gives ? Are these that much harder to make than the adjustable half bezel and prong styles ? Couldn''t even find blanks for thin full bezels
38.gif

Wink ? Whiteflash ? Anyone knows ?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 1
6.gif
6.gif
0 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 1/18/2005 12:19:44 AM
Ana, Where did you find this bracelet?

Thanks!
Good question ! I am pretty bad at keeping track of these. Looking at the watermark - it should be Ebay
20.gif
Ah, I was thinking ebay too from that little camera icon in the corner
7.gif
Guess this means it''s not for sale anymore??? lol I love this one!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 2:46:28 PM
Author: noobie

F&I, Here''s a 4 prong for you.
Like that one. Still a vote for the 4 prong. They are supposed to look like diamonds in a line.

Really, at the end of the day, what do you think she will like in the *LONG* term? Does she tend to be a traditionalist? Does she like twists on classics? Will she want a line bracelet to look like a line bracelet?

Bezel setting is nothing new under the sun. But, traditionally, line bracelets are usually set in 4 prong. Bezel setting is back in favor. Don''t get me wrong. I like the look. I think you need to ask yourself - what does she want? A line/tennis bracelet or a diamond bracelet? But, I do think if you are going to bite the bullet on an all diamond bracelet - get the setting she wants. My 8c is not a traditional setting persay. I wouldn''t change it though. I''ve always liked spacer bars. Simple reason is that it prevents the prongs from getting caught on anything & tend to fit flusher. That''s my preference. And, you can tell from this thread that there are *many* different preferences - what''s her''s?
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
; And, you can tell from this thread that there are *many* different preferences - what''s her''s?
9.gif
Yes, you definetly need to figure out what your wife likes. In reading this thread, I realize I like two specific styles: The three prong bracelet and also the antique funky hexagon-bezel one that Ana posted. If I ever invest in diamond bracelets, I will need both of these to be happy
9.gif

Why not work with a vendor to find the matching diamonds and surprise your wife with these in their loose form and then design the bracelet together. Not only will this save you some stress in trying to figure out what she may like it will also save your wife from feeling like she has to like the one you got her in fear of offending you.

Just my thoughts. Either way, can''t wait to see the final product!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 3:37:35 PM

; And, you can tell from this thread that there are *many* different preferences - what''s her''s?
9.gif
Yes, you definetly need to figure out what your wife likes. In reading this thread, I realize I like two specific styles: The three prong bracelet and also the antique funky hexagon-bezel one that Ana posted. If I ever invest in diamond bracelets, I will need both of these to be happy
9.gif

Why not work with a vendor to find the matching diamonds and surprise your wife with these in their loose form and then design the bracelet together. Not only will this save you some stress in trying to figure out what she may like it will also save your wife from feeling like she has to like the one you got her in fear of offending you.

Just my thoughts. Either way, can''t wait to see the final product!
Now, I would love this! I love it when DH surprises me with jewelry, but I have strong opinions, and sometimes his taste is different from mine. My favorite is when he makes the decision to do it, and then I am involved in the implementation. Best of both worlds.....

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Well she''ll probably tell me not to get her anything, but I may eventually just let her pick one. She prefer more clean lines and classic styles. One vendor I ''m dealing with is willing to give a 30 day return on a custom piece, but I have no desire to abuse that. I want to be reasonably sure.

I do like this three prong stye from Tiffanys without the flower though. I may go with a cflustist clone (with much smaller stones!) since it is a great classic style.

tiff3pr.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noobie, if you go with a hand assembled bracelet (like the one I got from Wink), you won''t have the problem with the "bar" showing (like on the machine made bracelets) because the stones are connected differently, and are much closer together. My bracelet looks very much like the Tiffany one you posted above except without the flower.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noobie, here is a closeup of my bracelet. Notice the absense of the "bar" that was present in the machine made 3 prong bracelets, and the fact that it is a 4 prong bracelet made to look like a 3 prong bracelet. The 4 prong actually adds a slight margin of safety in my opinion.

bracelet comparrison.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks very much cflutist. That''s a very useful picture. It also shows how huge your bracelet is! WOW

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Noobie, I really don't cae for the "hyrbrid" you just posted either...I originally had voted 3 prong, but you know how I feel.
2.gif

I do like the WF 1/2 bezel as well.
1.gif

PS what about a channel setting? have you seen one of those?

mymulan

Rough_Rock
Hi Noobie,

I too was shopping for a diamond tennis-type bracelet so when I was browsing your thread a few days ago, I also didn''t like the 3-prong hybrid you posted... I was leaning towards the 3 prong setting with Marquis clasp (like Tiffany''s)...

I already have my own stones and even bought the 4 matching marquis stones for the prong... and set out to search for the setting.

My stones are 15 points (.15) each....

I went to at least 6 jewelers before I was shown the 3 prong hybrid you posted. Actually, it caught my eye since the owner of the store wore one and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!. Of course, she had 25 points each stone which of course makes it already big, but the setting made it look even bigger....I definitely think it is an illusion setting and after setting my diamonds on it, it looks as if I had 25 pointers instead of 15 pointers. I don''t know about you, but I LOVE this illusion.

I bought the setting, which, if you just look at it unset, was not too great, but I know how it looked as a finished product so I was convinced. I sat beside the jeweler for a few hours to watch him set my stones.

One thing I did though, was to have all the prongs shave down to smaller prongs. If you look at the hybrid pic you posted, the prongs are originally thick and diamond cut. The jeweler said my diamond would sparkle more if the prongs were not so big, so he took the painstaking time to re-size each prong. (The owner of the store also had her prongs resized and it really does wonders.) The finished product is amazing. I could not take my eyes off it. The bracelet is 6.5 inches and has 35 stones.

I will post pic as soon as I can downoad it.

My friend is convinced on buying the Tiffany diamond bracelet (actual Tiffany) when I told her to look at my bracelet first so we decided to meet up at Tiffany''s today. I tried on (on the same wrist, of course) their Tiffany bracelet with the Marquis clasp. I specifically asked to try on their biggest one, which the salesman says was 15 points each at a cost of (28k) and 7.5 inch in length.

Guess what? My diamond bracelet was equally as shiny AND it looked bigger and more expensive on the same wrist. ;-). The salesman did give me an attitiude for it was fairly obvious I was comparing rather than buying, but I am not one to deter from unfriendly salesmen since I enjoy pushing them to see how far their attitude takes them. Mind you I was at the diamond section of Tiffany''s where there were fewer customers than salesmen.

My boyfriend was also with me and they both cannot believe their eyes!!! They commented that my diamonds appeared whiter as well. My friend is now convinced to get the same bracelet. (I''ll be taking her next week) Her only worry is that she won''t be able to get such white diamonds like mine. I got really lucky with my stones and got a great deal.

Mine are F color SI1

Good luck on your search for I''m sure whatever you pick, it would be beautiful, I just wanted to share my experience and put in my 2 cents.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like four prong becuase to me it is the most traditional and I am the sort who worries about things going out of style.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the bracelet Ana posted. How would one describe that? Also: did Noobie ever decide on a bracelet for his wife?

Deborah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results