shape
carat
color
clarity

WINK rocks again – check THIS out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my 7-year anniversary gift from Websailor. See … he’s not that itchy yet.
11.gif
12.gif

Okay, it’s not an e-ring but you can say it is a “ring” of diamonds.
9.gif

Wink just custom made this bracelet for me. It is 6.5 inches long (instead of the standard 7”) and thus holds only 32 (instead of 35) diamonds of which are .33s, G/H in color and VS2/SI1 in clarity. And … since I have small wrists, I was lucky to save a little extra $ on the diamonds because the bracelet was shorter than normal!! We couldn’t use a stock mounting because they only go up to .25s, thus the hand assembled bracelet. I also like the placement of the prongs … you get the safety of 4 prongs but the look of a 3 prong … the best of two worlds.

I was a little nervous at first since I have never bought something this expensive off the Internet sight unseen. I called 4 different Internet vendors (including Whiteflash), visited 3 local B&Ms with “competitive” pricing, called a wholesale jewelry manufacturer from Lafayette Louisiana that I have an account with, and even checked with the manufacturer of my previous tennis bracelet. Based on what I read on PS, I decided to go with Wink and I am glad I did.

The piece is absolutely beautiful. It is a treasure to behold. There is so much brilliance, dispersion and scintillation. Wink is such a pleasure to work with and so much fun to talk to. I really enjoyed this whole experience. Unlike “strmrdr” who gave Wink a 9.0, I give Wink a 9.9 out of a possible 10.
appl.gif

I would have to meet him in person to give him a 10, but who knows, maybe when I am in Boise visiting my brother and his family.

Wink my friend, from one GIA alumnus to another, if I was there with you in your office I would give you a handshake (maybe a hug too) and say “mazel und broche” (GIA Diamonds course, lesson 14). Hope to do more business with you in the future.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

P.s. as to whether the stones are H & A, I’ll let Wink explain that aspect of it.

How is the dispersion in the picture below? Nice huh?

small P8120824.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a picture with both of my bracelets on. I bought the smaller one 15 years ago and it is F/G VS1, 6.50 cts.
It was really tough trying to take this picture with the camera in my left hand.

small P8120817.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally, Wink likes to use these wooden boxes which I think are quite unique and very pretty.

small P8120808.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I'm truly at a loss for words. Unbelievable. Just lovely

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful bracelet! Happy anniversary! (what did Websailor get?)

Well done Wink!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
BTW does that "old" bracelet need a new home? I know a wonderful person who could take it off your hands for ya.
naughty.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/12/2004 7:55:28 PM lop wrote:

That is a beautiful bracelet! Happy anniversary! (what did Websailor get?)

Well done Wink!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

----------------
I haven't gotten anything yet, but I think that's coming.... I think the little trip to the romantic CA Gold Country has something to do with it....

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/12/2004 8:09:34 PM websailor wrote:

I haven't gotten anything yet, but I think that's coming.... I think the little trip to the romantic CA Gold Country has something to do with it....
----------------

I've got some surprises for him.
11.gif
12.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
OUF!!! how BEAUTIFUL!!! Kudos to Websailor, and kudos to Wink -again! Wear it well and happily always
9.gif

Funny, Wink is also involved in the 7th anniversary gift I'm getting from my favorite guy. No itching here
2.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/12/2004 9:13:07 PM quaeritur wrote:

Funny, Wink is also involved in the 7th anniversary gift I'm getting from my favorite guy. No itching here
2.gif
----------------

quaeritur, Happy Anniversary too!! You'll love his work. If you haven't already done so, you can visit FOW (Friends of Wink) thread on DH.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Beautiful! Congrats!

slgbug1

Rough_Rock
Holy cow! What a lucky lady!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Nan stole my line--I am truly at a loss for words!!!
6.gif

Not only are the diamonds exquisite (do I see arrows in there???
love.gif
) but the way they are set makes it look like a string of very, very sparkly stars, no metal, just glitter, glitter, glitter!
love.gif
love.gif
it looks absolutely magnificent on your dainty wrist!
9.gif

Congratulations on a great guy, a happy, healthy marriage and a stunning new signature piece of jewelry.
1.gif

Kudos to Wink for a real stunner-And we know this lady is a discriminating buyer!
appl.gif
appl.gif
saint.gif

Wow...Just, simply...WOW!!!!
9.gif
21.gif
9.gif
21.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's beautiful!

Happy Anniversary to you and websailor!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for the kind words. The flute lady is a delight to work with, and from what she told me Websailer you are going to get something!

I did not get to inspect the diamonds before they were mounted, but according to my vendor they are machine cut Hearts and arrows stones from Israel. Now that they are mounted I took the H&A viewer to them and was very pleased with the Arrows display. Since the sones are mounted I was not able to view the hearts and although a couple showed weaker arrows than the others, all of them demonstrated Arrows. Unlikely that they would all get the high H&A grade from one of the japanese labs, but they were much better arrows than many of the so called H&A stones that I see from time to time accross my desk for appraisals.

Still, I did not advertise them as H&A during the sales process, nor did our musical champion pay a premium based on them being H&A. Actually, I myself did not know until I got the bracelet in from my vendor and called him in surprise as I had requested his best cut goods, which used to be Russian cuts. "Oh, didn't I tell you? These are cut by machine in Israel and they are better than my Russian cuts so I switched to them a couple of months ago."

No he did not tell me before, but I know now and will be asking for these goods for all of my smaller stones now!

The mounting looks to be a three prong, but it is actually four prong as their are actually two prongs close together on each diamond between the diamonds. The mounting is hand assembled and so is nice and tight rather than the loose machine assembled pieces that you normally see. This costs a couple of hundred dollars more than doing it the easy way, but as you can see from the pictures provided the look is stunning.

CFlutist, I am so pleased that you are happy with your new treasure. Wear it in good health and enjoy it forever!

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
P.S. In spite of your fears of looking too flashy, I really like the look of both bracelets on your arm!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure glad I was wearing my sunglasses when I came home tonight !!!!!!

Thanks Wink, my sweetie's new treasure is beautiful.
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
She was only at work for a few hours today and already people were noticing it.

Good thing I'm the driver in the family 'cause she keeps looking at it the sun....

PS Besides having a great eye for jewelery, you are a gentleman and a scholar. If we ever get up your way, I'll buy you a beer or two while we talk about pretty things (diamonds and women to start...)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist
congrat: WOW !!! what a beautiful bracelet 10+ cts,you are one lucky girl ,i'am speechless and that don't happen very offten,Wink you are the man !!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wink, I like the look of both on one wrist,too!
9.gif

The bracelet is magnificent. You do fine work. Someday, you will make something for me!
love.gif

Very interesting about the stones. I still can't get over the fact that machines can cut diamonds so precisely.
read.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning...Bling, Bling
love.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist, that is a gorgeous piece of wrist jewellery. Happy 7th anniversary and may you enjoy many more to come. I'm more than happy to accept any old jewellery that you don't need/want anymore too.
11.gif
9.gif

ps. I like the picture with the hibiscus. It makes it look like the flower is smiling too.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Maybe we can start a raffle for cflutist's cast-offs!
9.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning.

I hope I have the money one day to put one together for my girl
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh delicious!!! And BTW..I think I'll be coming over for a dip in what I think looks to be a lovely pool....!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Field Trip to CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif

hey, maybe cflutist & websailor can host their own jewelry convention!
3.gif

I need coffee...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you need a xanax
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Look who's talking..........
tongue.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
.33 x 32 = 10.56 carats. Do scales go that high?

I speechless
6.gif

sparker

Shiny_Rock
cflutist,

Congrats on your beautiful bracelet. You know I'm a flutist as well and play in several groups for weddings. Great way to make an extra buck.

sparker

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/13/2004 12:01:07 AM Wink wrote:

P.S. In spite of your fears of looking too flashy, I really like the look of both bracelets on your arm!----------------

I do too but websailor thinks I should leave the old bracelet home while we travel. Afterall, he doesn't want me to look loaded down when we eat at McDonalds. I have worn that bracelet constantly for the last 15 years (except when I rode on the bus to Jury Duty, and when I flew alone on business to Charlotte NC). So I took it off ...
8.gif
11.gif
12.gif

On a serious note, is there a problem with them rubbing against each other if I wore them both everyday? Websailor (mechanical engineer turned UNIX sysadmin) says metal against metal is not good without lubrication.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results