shape
carat
color
clarity

FOW (Friends of Wink) Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charter members (from the Color vs Clarity thread) are:

moremoremore
jennifer5973
cflutist
Lynn B

Anyone else want to join? We get to tell all of our Wink stories here.
appl.gif

strnrdr, wanna join? Gotta tell us a Wink story first.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a little premature right now, but I will have a REALLY neat story to tell in 2 days ... can you wait?
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OK--I don't have a Wink story (yet) but I will tell you why I like Wink's posts:

1. He reminds me of my jeweler (the 2nd most important man in my life
2.gif
) and sometimes, I swear I can hear Wink's words in my jeweler's voice when I read them (I know, I know--lay off the booze at night)
twirl.gif

2. Wink manages to strike a balance between diamond fanaticism and good, old-fashioned common sense.
rolleyes.gif

3. There is really something to be said for people--like Wink--who master their craft over a lifetime.
read.gif

4. He has a good sense of humor.
3.gif

Edited to add:

5. He is very wise.

6. He is eloquent and skilled at self expression

7. He is a good writer.

1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can add me as I truely appreciate the post Kayla17 added in another thread in which Wink talks of the joy of loving your ring for YOU, not for impressing others. Wink said, "I would encourage you all, with a diamond large or small, to remember and cherish the spirit in which it was given, taking joy in the love and honor that it symbolizes and the memories that it carries." So nice to hear this view!

I love diamonds and love pricescope, but at times become upset over the attitude some have toward bigger is better and ignore what the true purpose of an engagment ring, which is: to symbolize the affection between two individuals who are planning to spend the rest of their lives together. I think it's cool that a jeweler actually can look beyond the bucks and respect the true representation of a stone rather than how much it adds to his profits report by pushing the larger stone more often than not.

Michelle

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Wink is great. While I may be going in a different direction he certainly wants to do what he can for a customer.

Furthermore, I think he is probably the most active Jeweler on this site. His fun but informative posts are always welcomed in my book.

I'd like membership if I can get it. Do we write the check out to Wink?
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The man has so much wisdom:

Here is a post I found on another thread by Wink Jones, and I thought it was interesting and brought up some really good points:

This has been an interesting thread to read.

As a jeweler I sell both large and small stones and often when I sell a large stone I find myself wondering if it is the right thing to do for this person. (Or much worse, knowing that it is not!) At other times I sell a large stone and know that the stone was absolutely right for this person.

Hmm. That doesn't come accross well. How to explain?

Sometimes the purchase is made with the idea that my stone must be bigger than so and so's. I'll show them that I am not a little person who can't afford a big stone. Of course these sentiments are never expressed in these words, but they are pretty much written accross every expression and action in the transaction. I take the money and deliver the stone, but take no real joy in the sale.

Sometimes the stone is sold to someone who is rewarding themselves or their spouse for many years of hard work and the eventual success that comes with it. The stone is bought with love and joy for the symbol that it is, either as a reward to self or as a reward to that special person for the gift of self that she has made over so many years. Quite honesly I don't think the size matters much in these cases, it is the love and honor that is being symbolized and treasured that is the important part of this purchase. Being a part of these purchases, both large and small are the real reason why I love this business.

I would encourage you all, with a diamond large or small, to remember and cherish the spirit in which it was given, taking joy in the love and honor that it symbolizes and the memories that it carries. Look at it often and think about what it symbolizes.

Each of you will have your own reasons for owning the stone that you do. Take pride and joy in your stone only for you and only for YOUR reasons. When you see another beautiful stone take joy in its beauty and think happy thoughts and wishes for its owner. You will find those thoughts reflecting back to you in many ways.

Both The Buddha and Jesus taught us that our thoughts have the power to hurt or heal us. These two great teachers separated by thousands of years and thousands of miles both tried to teach us the power of our minds and how our thoughts influence every thing that we are and shall become. I find it interesting how my little microcosmic part of the universe shows this so clearly in so many ways.

Please excuse me if this sounds preachy, that is not my intention. I wish that all of you could have only happiness in your hearts about your stones. I wish for you all to see only the happiness that their beauty brings to others and that your eyes be blinded to any sign of envy or jelousy that might creap into the hearts of the unenlightened and that your own hearts never carry any of those belittling thoughts that are so damaging to our very souls.

Respectfully submitted

Wink Jones

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to be added to the list!! So far I have just purchased some Interlap diamonds from Wink (and I must say they are beauties!) but he acknowledged the purchase as though I made a significant one.

I feel he is a very thoughtful and very knowledgable individual, with a GREAT sense of humor!
9.gif
A sense of humor is a must in my book!

As cflutist and others have pointed out, Wink is very honest in his posts, even if it is not the popular view, he makes his own points. I like that and for me it translates to trusting him.

OK Wink, you get the picture, we're gettin' a little sappy here. Hope we don't make ya cry!
cry.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehe I will join.
Lets see he was one of the first to offer a .15ct with great arrows with a guarentee that It would have great arrows and a very good ideal-scope image. On a stone that small I wasnt too worried about the hearts.
Usualy melee is unreturnable and you get what you get sent.
Diamondexpert also offered to get one but he wasnt as confident in getting an awesome one in and would have been stuck with it if I passed on it.
Back to wink...
They day I sent my money off he takes off to a 8* convention!!!
Ah well Id have done the same :}
It only delayed things by a day if that.
The first 3 he got in were not what I was looking for so he called some more in and let me know of the delay.
The next batch had my diamond in it.
It was worth the wait :}

He seemed busy and a little disorganized but that could have been because he was just getting back from vacation and his help was on vacation.
Im sure he will work out a system once he gets his website up and going.

Not once did he ask me to call him! :} but I figure he was tempted to a couple times in the process! hehehe
Email or phone is the best way to contact him.

Wink 9 out 10 stars on the buying experence, the diamond 9.5 out of 10.
The diamond would have been a 10 if it actualy weighed 15ct for the .15ct price :} hehehe

Thats my story and Im sticking to it!!
lol

All joking aside the bottom line is:
Wink rocks :}
Overall Im happy with the service and very happy with the diamond.
I would have no hesitation in dealing with him in the future :}

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Sign me up, please. I always enjoy Wink's posts. His honesty and integrity shine through. And ya gotta love a guy who rides his kayak down the flooded streets of Boise Idaho!

I bought some Signity Star sim earrings from Wink and didn't like how big they were on my ears. He made some for me in a smaller size since they didn't normally carry the smaller size. I wear them every day and love them!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are all very kind and I am deeply touched!

Wink

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my experience with wink was: i sent him a stone for recut and requested to have it to cut into a heart and arrow. but somehow during the e-mail miscommunication, he had paul of infinity diamond cut it into their standard, which was $500 more per ct. i told him the contract that i signed ,was for $300 per ct., then he told me "if that's what it is, then that's what i'll go by." even though he was probably losing money on the deal. so his word is good as gold. and then for bounus, i bought 16 interlap stones from him. and he let a couple of real ones slip in...LOL

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink just made this for me. It can be found at SMTR

I just had such a wonderful time working with him on this project. I recommend him to anyone who wants to have custom jewelry made.
appl.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink is also custom making my anniversary ring which should be ready by today or early next week. I'm sure it'll be lovely and if he takes pictures for me (I have no scanner or digital cam), I'll post it on PS for everyone's viewing pleasure. I haven't any stories to tell, but from our numerous telephone calls, he's a very funny and interesting person. Very knowledgeable too. Count me in for the FOW fan club too!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay tuned, Wink's new website should be unveiled soon. (I got a sneak peak). Its got some really neat stuff on it.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wink was a tremendous help to me with my new stone. As usual he expertly balanced his knowledge and experience with common sense and unusually perceptive insight.

His counsel was a special part of this experience.

Thanks, Wink.
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink's new website
is up and running ... Check it out and don't forget the "Specials".

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I'm joining up! Wink was wonderful in helping me find an EightStar for a pendant -anniversary gift from my wonderful husband (see thread). In addition, when I was trying to find the perfect stone for a ring, he agreed to ship me a Venus by Infinity for comparison with only a credit card hold and a full 30 days to look at it. He goes above and beyond in taking care of his customers, and has always made me feel as if I were his one and only.

Kudos!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Shhh! That was supposed to be our secret...

Wink

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And Wink sent me a 3ct Jubilee Interlap to play with until my real one gets to me. If only it were a real 3 carat Jubilee...
11.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Gee, I hope I get something while I'm waiting for my GemCare kit. Maybe I'll get a pizza out of Sheila's two minute pizza machine.
1.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Come to Boise and I will buy you a Pizza! Any time! Open invitation to all PriceScopers! (But you gotta get the second pitcher!)

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/25/2004 1:32:04 PM Wink wrote:

Shhh! That was supposed to be our secret...

Wink----------------

oops...
eek.gif
(in a tiny, sheepish voice) I forgot... better take my ginko tonight...

sorry, Wink

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Wink rocks again. This time he gently nudged me to recut my sapphire with Richard Homer's proprietary Concave Faceting. Here is the link to the before and after pictures of the stone and the ring.

I must say, Wink is such a gentleman, so knowledgeable, so fun to talk to, and SO patient (you have to be to deal with me).

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Wink,

Many thanks for the CZ studs in Martini style setting. My FI loves them
appl.gif

Unfortunately, the next step will be to replace them with the real deal
eek.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are very welcome! Glad she was pleased!

Wink

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Sign me up!! We are truly blessed to have WINK (and so many others) on this forum to educate and guide us thru a fun/crazy ride of buying gems.
16.gif

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Add another happy customer to the list. I sent in my original 1ct e-ring diamond to have it set into a white gold stud earring setting and matched by one of wink's cz's for the other earring. I received the earrings last week, and they are beautiful! I have to look at the girdles of the stones in order to tell the diamond from the cz. I'm very happy with my decision to reset my old diamond into an earring and buy a cz mate for it. Since my e-ring upgrade, the old ring had just been sitting in my jewelry box gathering dust. I think I've put it to good use! Thanks, Wink and Sheila!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh.. and I love the box the earrings came in, too! I can't get my husband overly interested in "bling," but he sure admires the box! He reminded me of my two-year old nephew, who has more fun with boxes than the toys that are inside them!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! Maybe we should get him a box collection. I have great huge necklace boxes, song narrow bracelet boxes, big deep bangle boxes and of course earring and pendant boxes.

You could get him one for Christmas, another for father's day, etc. It would be a real Year of gifts to kid about as you grow older together...

Wink

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are all going to have to buy more jewelry from Wink just so that we can collect the beautiful wooden boxes
1.gif
Lets see, got a bracelet and ring box, now I just need a necklace and pendant box to complete my collection. Sorry Wink, I don't have pierced ears so I guess earrings are out.

I put my two boxes away in a special place because I was afraid that if I used them, I would mess them up. They are like little works of art.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results