shape
carat
color
clarity

What Stats will Yield "Chunky Arrows"?

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I'm curious to know what sort of "numbers" to look for, for chunky arrows. My fave diamond is a transitional cut that has big ole arrows which I adore. It's a super-fiery diamond that's a firecracker in all lighting, and I'm musing about finding something similar(ish) but smaller for those lesser-bling days. Or maybe earrings? Or...? :D

I've noticed some beautiful diamonds with chunky arrows in a few threads lately, although I didn't bookmark all of them. One that I can find is My first lab . . . 2.30 L VS1, and another is A VC halo of pink diamonds for my holy grail. I realize that the latter diamond is a transitional cut, yet if there were some chonky-chunk numbers to look for, a MRB might suffice.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you'd be looking for LGF around 70-75% and maybe a slightly smaller table. At the same LGF, a smaller table will result in chunkier arrows.

These are some examples.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I think you'd be looking for LGF around 70-75% and maybe a slightly smaller table. At the same LGF, a smaller table will result in chunkier arrows.

These are some examples.

Wow :kiss2: :kiss2:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Echoing what Kim N said: shorter lowers will make the appearance of the arrows patterning thicker and bolder, which may give you the optics that you're looking for.
I'd recommend 75-76 lowers so that there's a nice balance between not too much contrast yet thicker arrows.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But IGI reports on lab stones never give the LGF %, not that I've seen yet. I've looked at many IGI reports. None had the LGF% on them.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
But IGI reports on lab stones never give the LGF %, not that I've seen yet. I've looked at many IGI reports. None had the LGF% on them.

That's where videos and best guestimates come into play. We can often come close to figuring out LGF and stars that way.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dang. I was hoping there was some better way, haha.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
That's my L diamond you linked!

So I don't have any greater knowledge to back this up, but I've noticed that the diamonds *I* like tend to have tables between 55% and 57% and depths of like 60.8% to 62.8%. And then I look at the pictures. If that helps, great!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

These are some examples.

Now, to my eye, those are some nice chunky arrows! Thank you for those examples, @Kim N!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
That's my L diamond you linked!

So I don't have any greater knowledge to back this up, but I've noticed that the diamonds *I* like tend to have tables between 55% and 57% and depths of like 60.8% to 62.8%. And then I look at the pictures. If that helps, great!

@phoenixgirl It sure is! That's a beauty that you have! :D

Thank you for sharing the percentages that you like. I'm not in a rush (famous last words), yet I'm very curious to learn more and experiment with "numbers" as a starting point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results