shape
carat
color
clarity

My first lab . . . 2.30 L VS1

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
On a whim, I ordered a Ritani ring on Monday and received it on Friday . . . what a turn-around!

I've bought a few moissanite rings, but I've always preferred warmer diamonds in the J/K range and was sad to lose that with moissanite, though of course happy with the price. ;-) So I realized recently that I could find a warmer lab diamond and that got me looking at stones on WF and BGD, though their search engines aren't the easiest. I saw someone suggest the Ritani database where you could filter by growth process, so I started looking there.

Initially I was looking at H-I-J colored diamonds with a yellow hue, but this 2.30 L VS1 caught my eye (I am a big fan of chunky arrows). Once I started filtering by HPHT, it was one of the few diamonds I'd earmarked that was still showing up. And the price was amazing . . . $770. For comparison, they have a 1.52 L VS1 (also HPHT) for sale for $739, so I'm not sure why this one was discounted so much. Since I'm not afraid of some warmth, I went for it. I held my breath while waiting for confirmation they'd gotten it, since all of my second choice diamonds were either less diamond or more money. https://www.ritani.com/products/2-3...-vs1-clarity-igi-lg584358451-sku-d-1bj15c6w4z

I always have been and probably always will be a yellow gold girl, and I prefer white prongs, so I chose the tapered two-toned cathedral, which was also on sale for $488. So all in the ring was a little over $1300 with taxes.

My beloved OEC has gotten a little snug, but resizing it seems like admitting I'm not going to lose the weight, so obviously I had to buy a lab diamond instead. :) I know you all understand!

ETA: I'm really glad to have found Ritani . . . the business model is great for me! I don't love the back and forth of having to communicate my desires for a custom setting. I just want to point and click and have a diamond appear on my doorstep, haha. The setting isn't as sturdy as my BGD five stone, but nor is it as thin and unsubstantial as my Ali Express rings. For the price, I'm very pleased.
IMG_4920.jpeg IMG_4916.jpeg IMG_4914.jpeg

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You definitely needed this! It looks amazing on you. I also have a J lab that is so lovely!! Enjoy!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Especially the third picture! (Also a huge fan of chunky arrows. And what a steal of a deal! Enjoy!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I love cape colored diamonds.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Great find!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
That is truly lovely, congratulations!

I agree wholeheartedly that this was a necessary purchase. =D

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just fyi, if anyone is looking for a well cut but warmer round moissanite, look at Kalala on AliExpress. They offer I/J color which is an ivory white to J pale yellow. Very nice arrows in all the stones I've bought. The I/J seems to lack that bluish hazy look that the higher color grades sometimes get, and their stones are dirt cheap if you can wait 3-4 weeks for free shipping. There are photos and Imgur links posted in Reddit's Moissanite forum. I bought an 8mm I/J and I really like it.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just fyi, if anyone is looking for a well cut but warmer round moissanite, look at Kalala on AliExpress. They offer I/J color which is an ivory white to J pale yellow. Very nice arrows in all the stones I've bought. The I/J seems to lack that bluish hazy look that the higher color grades sometimes get, and their stones are dirt cheap if you can wait 3-4 weeks for free shipping. There are photos and Imgur links posted in Reddit's Moissanite forum. I bought an 8mm I/J and I really like it.

Oh! I actually have one of those! And yes, I got the I-J because I like warmth. The 8mm moissanite is on the top; my lap diamond is on the bottom. This is the only pic I have them together so far . . . I do have a video but I'm not sure how to upload here? IMG_4907.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results