shape
carat
color
clarity

What spacer do I need to not leave a gap?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what might sit closer (even with the larger base of your basket) is a knife-edge or angled band. My wedding band is shaped like that and it tucks quite closely to my ering. IMG_1686.JPG
So this kind of profile would visually sit a bit closer. If you’re getting something made, see if that’s an option.
I haven’t seen one set with diamonds tho, they’re all usually engraved.
Also I am super curious, what size is your centre stone? You’ve got some fantastic coverage. Is it original to the setting?
Also unless lesliesc is liquidating a vintage jeweller’s stock, I think she is making her bands or having them made. Could you see if she can make a narrower band for you? She’s got some amazing and unusual designs which is why I think she’s getting things made.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m confused so you don’t think a gap band would work?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I’m confused so you don’t think a gap band would work?

I’m curious too. I’m resigned to living with the gap with either a plain band or something with a channel setting.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
You know what might sit closer (even with the larger base of your basket) is a knife-edge or angled band. My wedding band is shaped like that and it tucks quite closely to my ering. IMG_1686.JPG
So this kind of profile would visually sit a bit closer. If you’re getting something made, see if that’s an option.
I haven’t seen one set with diamonds tho, they’re all usually engraved.
Also I am super curious, what size is your centre stone? You’ve got some fantastic coverage. Is it original to the setting?
Also unless lesliesc is liquidating a vintage jeweller’s stock, I think she is making her bands or having them made. Could you see if she can make a narrower band for you? She’s got some amazing and unusual designs which is why I think she’s getting things made.

I like your band! Seems to fit nicely with your ring without rubbing. The centre stone on my mom’s ring is under 5 ct. I can’t remember exact number but something around 4.7ct? It’s in its original Bucherer of Switzerland setting from my parents’ European trip.

I’m not sure if the bands I’m interested in at Leslielsc are actually vintage, vintage-inspired or she uses recycled stones? Here are the ones I’m eyeing (the bottom 2). I like step cuts—carre, asscher, emerald, baguette.
57FC8800-449F-4947-BB56-9B701594B20A.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m curious too. I’m resigned to living with the gap with either a plain band or something with a channel setting.

What?
You’re saying a ring with a gap won’t work why do you think that?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
What?
You’re saying a ring with a gap won’t work why do you think that?

I think it probably would if it’s custom made with the right opening width. I’ll have to wait until the jewelry stores here are re-opened to go ask. I worry that if it’s too wide, it may still slide side to side a bit. Or I’ll have to learn to live with a gap and get a regular band with or without diamonds. I’d like a diamond one though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results