shape
carat
color
clarity

What size diamond studs would you want for everyday wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to wear .50 total weight every day, they are comfortable!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am UNSPEAKABLY excited about my first set of diamond bezel studs currently underway as of today! (Well -- in progress for a while but the setting part started today.) They'll be .68 tcw antique OECs with platinum inside-rim-only milgrain detailing & I'm hoping that'll be perfect for me for a looooong time.
2.gif
9.gif

ETA: Oh, and I just pierced my ears two years ago (at 40!). So far, so good! Seize the day!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
.25/side (.50 total weight) for really truly "everyday" wear that goes with everything. Anything bigger feels, to me, like it needs to be part of a put-together look. But .50 ctw is understated enough to go casual and substantial enough to go dressy, so in my mind it hits the perfect balance to be considered an "everyday" look.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Ideally, I''d like 1ct in each ear so 2ct total but that isn''t going to happen soon it will have to wait till I am done school.
For now I have .75 in each ear so 1.50ct total and I do wear them everyday pretty much everywhere and I don''t think they are too big but again as others have said it depends on how you carry them and what you feel you can pull off and are comfortable wearing etc...
I love mine now though they are really, really pretty but bigger would be great LOL
11.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 0.9ctw pair that rarely sees the light of day - my everyday go-to studs are 0.1ctw baby bezels - sparkly little dots, so incredibly light and comfortable I forget they're there!

But then, I live in jeans and a hoodie.

ETA: deco, they're going to be stunning!! Can't wait to drool over them
18.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are 1.5 ctw, but I really think 1 ctw is the best size for casual wear. If you have studs that are .5 each, you can always use jackets to dress them up. But mine would be too large for jackets to look right.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
For daily wear, I could do up to 4ctw! I have a ton of long hair.
31.gif

I wear 2ctw these days and I am satisfied finally! I have a 1.5ctw pair set in custom halos for blingier occasions. Before I reset that pair, I remember being really happy with the size. I just wanted sliiiiightly bigger. But when I look at that size on friends, it is a really nice big size. Very eye catching and substantial. In my head, I think I just wanted at least a carat per ear to scratch that itch!

At ID Jewelry, I tried on smaller sizes and I loved those, too. As long as you get well cut stones, they will just sparkle and steal attention! I loved the .6ctw and thought they were a really pretty size that looked awesome on my ears. Hubba hubba. Great size.

You really have to have a friend wear them to see how big they look on. I recently made my mom wear my 2ctw and they looked so huge and yummy on her. I even made my brother put one in his old earring hole from high school and it looked huge on him, too! I think you can't really judge size from looking at diamonds on your own ears. Or maybe I can't! DSS will never happen so long as I can see them on my friend's ears or my mom's ears. That was an eye opener! Try it, you'll never think of upgrading again!

30.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I was actually wondering about the same question the other day. I`d like to get myself my first pair of diamond studs hopefully next year (this year''s diamond budget went to an e-ring upgrade that should be coming now any day!!). I think I`m going to go with 0.75 - 1.0 tcw.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Mine are .5 ctw, and while I think they''re a decent size on my small ears, I could definitely see myself in 1.5 ctw (maybe 1 ctw if I had diamond jackets for them). I will say that the .5 ctw are very easy to sleep in, which is good ''cause I think I might go crazy putting in screw-backs every day.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have a small pair of .30 ctw that my husband bought me when I turned 20. I have never upgraded them because I personally like how dainty they look. And I''m not much of a stud person- I would rather buy rings and pendants. but if money were no object I would probably get 1.5 for each ear. I personally like big stones since they hide my HUGE ears... cough...cough i mean I know I''m the type of person to pull them off.
6.gif
4.gif
2.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 5:02:14 PM
Author: decodelighted
I am UNSPEAKABLY excited about my first set of diamond bezel studs currently underway as of today! (Well -- in progress for a while but the setting part started today.) They''ll be .68 tcw antique OECs with platinum inside-rim-only milgrain detailing & I''m hoping that''ll be perfect for me for a looooong time.
2.gif
9.gif

ETA: Oh, and I just pierced my ears two years ago (at 40!). So far, so good! Seize the day!
Well now I''M excited about them, so you must be jumping out of your skin!!
9.gif

Mine are .50ct each and I adore them. Just perfect for everyday wear.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 12:11:00 AM
Author: kittybean
Mine are .5 ctw, and while I think they''re a decent size on my small ears, I could definitely see myself in 1.5 ctw (maybe 1 ctw if I had diamond jackets for them). I will say that the .5 ctw are very easy to sleep in, which is good ''cause I think I might go crazy putting in screw-backs every day.
Totally agree. Mine are .50ctw and I can sleep in them comfortably every night. They''re screw back which can be a real pain to put in / take out but at least I haven''t lost them.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would LOVE 1 carat per ear, but I am sure that will not be an option for me for a VERY long time, if ever
3.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
For the past 9 years, I wore probably .5 tcw (or maybe smaller?) in bezel settings and they were perfectly fine until I started on PS
31.gif

I recently just got a 1.66 tcw pair and I think they are awesome for every day!!! They definitely look substantial but so far only jewellery lovers comment on them being big. So a perfect size for me!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Mine are 0.85 ctw and are perfect for everyday for my lifestyle and my smallish lobes. Much bigger than 1 ctw and it will be too big for everyday, IMHO.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I have four holes in my left ear and two in my right.

I have a .6 cttw diamond set in buttercup style settings that live in my last holes right now, and then sterling hoops in graduated sizes.

I have two OECs that are .5 ct each that I just got, that still need to be set (1 cttw obviously). And I have two non-diamond OECs that are 4 cttw that need setting too, and a single non-diamond 1 ct OEC. When I bother to get the new sparklies set, this is how it''ll end up in the left ear: buttercup .3ct, .5 ct OEC diamond, 1 ct OEC non-diamond, 2 ct OEC non diamond. Right ear will be 2 ct non-diamond OEC and .5 ct diamond OEC.

No, I don''t go for understated and subtle
9.gif

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
I have .75ctw princess cuts that I got for my 40th birthday (almost 2 years ago) and they have been out of my ears only a few times for cleaning. They have screw backs that I really like for the peace of mind, but it takes me FOREVER to get them out of my ears. I obviously sleep with them in and they''re comfortable.

While I would love to go up to a carat in each ear, one of my lobes was torn years ago, so I can''t wear heavy earrings. I''ve noticed that the earring in that ear will sag badly if it''s not screwed on pretty tight. Given the weight of diamonds, I think a heavier stone might present a problem for that lobe. =(

rpsstuds.jpg

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I have 5 holes in each ear so I really don''t have much room for big studs. The idiots put my first two way too close together IMO. I would like leverback drop earrings for my first hole though and I think for me and my petite size, I will look for about .5-.75 ctw.

I already have 3 pairs of diamond studs in my ears. They are 20 points tcw, 16 points tcw and 8 points tcw (going from third hole to 5th). They sound really tiny but in my ears on the upper holes they look positively perfect. My 2nd holes are tiny silver hoops and my first are the ones I change around but always some sort of gem in a leverback for daily wear.

I was just talking about this with friends and it is funny how much we differ. I think my taller firiends who are proportionally bigger than me seem to like the 1-2 ctw where the shorties like me want under 1ctw.

icet

Rough_Rock
I used to love earings and have 8 ear piercings but I took them off during college for an interview and somehow stopped using all of them. I put on 0.5 total wt. diamond studs on for the interview and that''s what I''ve been wearing everyday since.
I''m not too into earrings and would prob take a anything larger than what I have and make it a pendant or another ring (too tempting to upgrade my studs!) so for me 0.5 tcw is perfect.

BUT...if I had all the money in the world and had too many diamond rings, pendants, and braceletst than I wanted then I would have the biggest ones that my ears could handle hehe!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a pair of .66 ctw when I wear them. I''d like something a bit bigger, maybe 1.0 ctw.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
1-1.5 ct total weight is a good size for me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have .72 cttw RB YG and .50 cttw PC WG. They are perfect size for me. I do have small ear lobes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results