shape
carat
color
clarity

What size diamond studs would you want for everyday wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jillian

Rough_Rock
So, my ears are not even pierced but I''m so wanting a pair of diamond studs that I could wear every day. Wondering what size most people would get? Just for fun, assume money is no object. Unfortunately, it is but I''d like to hear the responses based on if it wasn''t.

Thanks!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Well, for everyday wear I love and have a pair of approx 80 tcw, my earlobes are not too big, so that looks like a good everyday size that takes me from jeans to work without being tooo blingy.

works for me, I suggest you try some different sizes on (get some cheapo fakes) and wear them to see how they go.

edited to add .80tcw
26.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he, have a look at my avatar and guess what size my "everyday" studs are!
2.gif
1.gif

If money were really no object, I'd want to go larger and have slightly better colour (something in the region of almost 3ct each and G-H colour, VS1-VS2 clarity and the BEST CUT there is). But even then, I still wouln't want to spend all my money on studs, I'd use most of the money towards a really BIG and WHITE diamond ring, something like a HW micropave cushion or an HW or Cartier EC - around 6-8ct, D-E-F colour and VVS-VS1 clarity. I know you didn't ask about rings, but you did say "if money were no object", he he!!
3.gif
1.gif

Seriously, to answer yr Q: many women I see around in Asia tend to wear btw 1cttw to 2cttw. It depends though on what size earlobes you have and what kind of ear coverage you're after?

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
0.25 ct RB on each ear, 0.5 ctw

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends on how big your ear lobes are. I think .8-1 ctw is good for most people.

Sam82

Shiny_Rock
I think 1 ct tdw is good. I can''t afford that though, so I''m saving up for .66-70 tdw.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I think 1 cttw are perfect for just about anyone. Classy yet significant enough for you to be able to see them easily. You can watch for sales on earrings or buy them for less online than you can get at the mall.

I have 2 cttw that I wear every day and have never found them too big :)

JSRNM

Shiny_Rock
I have 1.5 ctw and I think they are too small. It maybe in my head but I thinking of up grading to 3.00 ctw.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 5:03:18 AM
Author: cindygenit
0.25 ct RB on each ear, 0.5 ctw
Same here.
5.gif
I''ve got .125 in each ear now .25ctw, and they''re perfect in my second holes, and fun in the first, but I''d love to eventually have .5 ctw.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're going to get a wide range of answers, as "size" is a personal opinion. I'm somewhat size conscious, and I have 1.16 ctw, that I wear all the time. They are great for anything, not too big, not too small. This is my forever pair.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I just got some 1.06 ctw studs earlier this year. They are really a great size for everyday, and I wouldn''t have wanted them any smaller. I would say my earlobes are average-sized. (I actually originally had a pair of 0.82 ctw that I returned, I did think those were too small on me.) Eventually I''d like to upgrade to a pair of 1.5-1.6 ctw.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 2:34:01 AM
Author: D2B
Well, for everyday wear I love and have a pair of approx 80 tcw, my earlobes are not too big, so that looks like a good everyday size that takes me from jeans to work without being tooo blingy.

works for me, I suggest you try some different sizes on (get some cheapo fakes) and wear them to see how they go.

edited to add .80tcw
26.gif
I own exactly the same size and they''re perfect for me for every day, and they look great slipped inside my diamond earring jackets for a flashier look.

E B

Ideal_Rock
.50 - 1 ctw is perfect for everyday wear (depending on lobe size), IMO.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.2ctw.
9.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have worn 2.5 ctw studs, 5 ct tcw every day for the past 5 or so years. For me, the bigger size is wearable since I like big diamonds. It is how you carry them I guess!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/8/2009 10:09:57 AM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
I have worn 2.5 ctw studs, 5 ct tcw every day for the past 5 or so years. For me, the bigger size is wearable since I like big diamonds. It is how you carry them I guess!
36.gif
I couldn''t say it any better!
2.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are 1.2 CTW, and I love them and wear them 24/7. They may even be a tad big - I agree with those who say .80-1 ctw is right for most folks.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are .82 ctw and seem perfect for daily wear (appropriate for a SAHM like me!). Not flashy but do make a statement. Funny thing is I''m NOT into being decked out in diamonds. . .I like a modest look, however, with my studs, I''d eventually like to go up to around 1.25 total. . .but I''ll have to wait for now. . .
2.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I have 1.35 cttw studs that are good for my ear lobes, which are small. I''d go up to 1.5 or 1.75 cttw in the future, but if I had bigger lobes I''d want something more like 2 cttw.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear .50 in each ear but wish I had .75.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I have 2ctw (1ct each ear) and wear them every day... but want to replace them with 4ctw (2ct each ear)

but again, size is based on personal opinion as Ellen mentioned - get what you are comfortable with

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
1.75 ct in each ear, for a total of 3.5 ctw
30.gif

Camille

Shiny_Rock
2 ctw now, wouldn''t go bigger though [keep $ for a ring ]
25.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I prefer 1 ctw. for everyday wear.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I think 1.5 tcw would be ideal... but wouldn''t mind 1ct for each ear!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 10:34:41 AM
Author: Phoenix

Date: 10/8/2009 10:09:57 AM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
36.gif
I couldn''t say it any better!
2.gif
I also agree that it all depends on how you carry them. Big diamonds stud are not for everyone''s ear, unfortunately.

I wear a total of 0.80ct stud for everyday and everywhere. If I wear more than this (everyday and everywhere) I will look all ears, kwim
31.gif
. Plus, I will feel uncomfortable too. But hey its just me and my opinion.

I would suggest that you go to a jewelry store and try them on you and see what you like for you.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My mom wears 2 pairs at all times: one RB 2.0 ctw and one princess cut 2.0 ctw...so she''s wearing a 2 carats in each ear, 1 carat in each stone, and it looks fabulous on her!

I have a set of 0.5 ctw studs but I don''t wear them often because I prefer dangly earrings most of the time.
3.gif
Plus, even though they''re small, they were my grandmother''s and have a lot of sentimental value, so I''d like to get them fitted with screwbacks before I wear them more frequently...

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I''d love 0.50ctw bezel studs for my lobe and then 0.25ctw for my next holes and maybe some itty bitty ones for the last 2 peircings......I better get saving!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a .62 ctw bezel studs... I have small earlobes, and the bezel adds to it, so I''m content with the size on my ears.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Not that I can afford them at this time, but I''d love 1-1.5 ctw, I think. Probably closer to 1, though -- I have small earlobes and and an extremely finicky piercing in my right ear.

There''s always the jacket for a flashier look! :) I''d love to have the BGD jackets with the hearts on the back, and then a pair of colored stone jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results