shape
carat
color
clarity

what should I do????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Well, many people use the term "ideal" when it does not in fact apply. AGS gives ideal grades and GIA gives Excellent. I have seen so many people come on here and say their diamond is "ideal." In reality, an ideal cut diamond is a quite specific diamond with cut measurements that are quite stringent. I am not trying to be obnoxious here, but since you were considering exchanging your diamond and asked for information, I wanted to bring this up. Just becasue a company says something is ideal, doesn''t mean it is, in the accurate sense.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 9:29:00 AM
Author: toopicky
I''ve always loved the ring and I think I''ve spent too much time looking for faults in it. It looks white and sparkly most of the time and the times when it doesn''t are times when nothing would look good in that lighting.
omg I can so relate to this LMAO!!! I love my stone but because I didn''t get a round I have this haunting itch that when my stone isn''t doing anything great like outside on a rainy day - that the haunting perfect ideal round would be throwing rainbows 20 feet or something haha. I don''t think anyone could be as critical of it as I and I have to remind myself of that. And at the end of the day I still *love* it and that''s all that matters, really.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
the zales diamonds signature series gives you a document with all the measurements on it. in mm, percents, and angles. "they" use the word excellent. and the stones, are indeed spiffy!

i wish i still had mine.
8.gif
i upgraded though.

toopicky

Rough_Rock
Ok when I was home for lunch I checked the certification card (obviously I dont carry it with me or have it memorized)... you''re right, it is rated Excellent not Ideal. I was not trying to mislead anyone... it''s a Monday and my brain (but luckily not my diamond) is still a little cloudy
face1.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you are keeping it I''d just enjoy it now.
Don''t bother looking into all the details about cut - until you are ready to make another purchase, that is.

toopicky

Rough_Rock
I think that''s great advice... thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2006 12:22:44 PM
Author: toopicky
Actually, that''s a problem in and of itself.... I have tried several times to take a picture of my ring but all I get is just a bunch of glare (the ring doesn''t even show up)...any advice on how to get a good picture of it?

Try taking the pictures using the "macro" mode (it probably looks like a little depiction of a flower) and without the flash. It also helps if you can take them in the bright natural daylight (since you won''t be using the flash) but that''s not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results