shape
carat
color
clarity

What Should I do With My Old E-Ring Diamond?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i agree with everyone about pendant. that was my first thought too. either that or if you wanna go buy one similar and have an incredible set of earrings.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely diamonds! Love the idea of resetting...perhaps a pendant?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 7:59:51 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I think it would make a lovely pendant (with the added bonus that the clarity won''t be as much of an issue because people don''t go up close to necks). You could then set a colored stone in the original setting, or just sell the mounting on Craig''s list or something.

I agree. That is what DH''s aunt did with her diamond (set it into a pendant)and I think it looks nice.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k all....

I am sending in my old e-ring tomorrow morning to WF for them to work their magic.....

I am so nervous about this but I am confident that they will do a super job!

Vera and Lesley have both been very pleasant and very prompt in responses....

I will keep everyone posted on my journey!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
And.... it''s off!!!!!

My diamond is on its way to get its new life and a makeover in to a new ring setting and a gorgeous new re-cut!

Yippee!!!!!

Here''s to waiting on registered mail....lol....

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k so I just got confirmation from WF that they received my ring safe and sound via USPS Registered mail. It took 7 business days from Orlando to Houston.

It was a good thing that I checked the other threads about registered mail out or I would have been FREAKING OUT!!!

Looks like 7 days is pretty standard.

Anywho....

Let the makeover commence!!!!

YIPPEEEEE!!!!!
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Okay...update,

WF got back to me today about my re-cut

They quoted me the following....

Recut charge: $281.25
Shipping:$150.00 (Is this cost normal????)
Entire recut report including sarin report and discussion with Brian: $100.00.(optional)
Recertification: $200.00. (optional)

Just wondering if these prices are reasonable since this would be my first "major" purchase in the jewelry world.

I am also planning on having it re-set in the Tiffany knife edge setting from WF (I love solitaires best)

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
wow, those prices are great........i might have to give them a call someday to work their recut magic on my old stones

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping up for an update!!!!!

Vera from WF emailed me to let me know that the recut has been successfully completed and they are in the process of sending off my stone for re-certing!!!! YAYAYAY...no pics yet, it will be a few more weeks but I am excited to see the final product!!!!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Please keep us updated. Will this be a new ering for you when it''s finished?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Woo-hoo I''m so excited for you! I know the waiting process stinks, but you won''t believe your eyes when you open that box and see the difference! I can''t wait to see pictures. Update us on the re-certing too please!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what happened????
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait to see the new stone and ring.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 8:19:25 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
Okay...update,

WF got back to me today about my re-cut

They quoted me the following....

Recut charge: $281.25

Shipping:$150.00 (Is this cost normal????)

Entire recut report including sarin report and discussion with Brian: $100.00.(optional)

Recertification: $200.00. (optional)

Just wondering if these prices are reasonable since this would be my first ''major'' purchase in the jewelry world.

I am also planning on having it re-set in the Tiffany knife edge setting from WF (I love solitaires best)

The shipping seems a little high considering it was $100 either from GOG or Leon to ship my ring internationally and it was less then that send my ring from Philly the appraisers to NY for Leon to set.

Other then that the other costs seem reasonable :) very exciting
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Well, there seems to be a bit of delay on my ring
7.gif

The ship date was supposed to be December 4th :::::sigh::::

It''s not WF''s faullt but I guess there is a delay at the AGS labs for grading
7.gif

I still have no tentative date but I almost think that it''s better that way...

So, my only christmas present this year won''t be here in time for christmas...bummer...

Oh well, I guess this seems to happen frequently with the posts I have seen on here.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry that your "christmas present" will be delayed. I have been following your story, and I can''t wait to see your recut! Please, please post lots and lots of pics when you receive it!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I haven''t followed this thread but am so glad to hear you decided to get it recut by WF. When you get it start a new thread so we all know to look at the photos. I bet it''s going to be gorgeous!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it!!! I''m trying to convince my mom to send her stone in for a recut but she''s been resisting it so far.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
still can''t wait to see the recut!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies for the replies....the suspense is killing me...

The recut was done on time but it has been at the lab for a few weeks now and Vera was kind enough to email me to let me know there was a delay.

Kudos for communication....but yeah, I''m a lil bummed...it''s natural I guess.... I am sure that it will be worth the wait though.....

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t see all the bumps. It sounds like an exciting project, sorry it won''t be here in time for Christmas.

shady71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 8:31:30 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
Thanks ladies for the replies....the suspense is killing me...
The suspense is killing me too
4.gif

I a planning a re-cut too and am 99% certain I will be sending my stone off to WF right after the first of the year. Mine is a lifeless 2.47 J SI/1, very deep. Can''t wait to see yours finished!

shady

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Well folks, I am still waiting on AGS to finish grading my diamond....

Vera emailed me last week to let me know that the lab was seriously behind due to Christmas/Holiday season...I appreciate that WF has been so understanding and sympathetic....I hope that it will be here by our one year anniversary on Friday but I doubt it... :(

It was supposed to be my christmas present.... Maybe valentines day???

lol

Oh well I know it''s not WF''s fault but I am still anxious to get the ring on my finger.....EEEEK!

I''ll keep everyone updated!

sparklestick

Shiny_Rock
We are all waiting with bated breath.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it!! I was hoping you would re-cut the diamond, it is really a reasonable price!!

lucky201

Rough_Rock
Any updates?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you''re still waiting. I know that part stinks!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE:
STILL WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAITING!

Well, the AGS lab was supposed to have the reports to Vera by Monday the 5th.....that day obviously came and went!

She then emailed me on the 6th and said that they promised it to her no later than the end of the day on the 6th but that she wasn''t holding her breath...She did apologize profusely but still, I can''t help but vent my frustrations already....

Afterall, it was sent out at the beginning of October to WF!!!!! (I was expecting a month/month and a half turn around at the LATEST)

Oh, well, I guess there''s nothing I can do....

It will definitely make me re think re-cutting on a deadline ever again!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Awww, so sorry you are having to wait so long. Can''t wait to see pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results