shape
carat
color
clarity

What Should I do With My Old E-Ring Diamond?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k. everyone....

I present to you my old e-ring from my XH....I''t been sitting around and FI would like me to re-set it in to something else (well, if he had it his way, he''d chuck it out the window...lol)

Anyway, here are the specs of the diamond....

1.25 Carat
Round Brilliant
6.34 X 4.20 mm
Color: E-F
Clarity: SI2/I1 (grrrrr...this was pre-PS)
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Very Good

I will attach pics soon....

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s with the soldered jacket I put on top of the solitaire when I got married....

The 1.25 cw is just the center stone....

oldering2004.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Please excuse the dirtiness......

July2008 095.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, sorry again for the dirty ring... I kinda let it go after the divorce....
14.gif

July2008 091.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think it would make a lovely pendant (with the added bonus that the clarity won''t be as much of an issue because people don''t go up close to necks). You could then set a colored stone in the original setting, or just sell the mounting on Craig''s list or something.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the pic from the appraisal card....

ringcertpic2004.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 7:59:51 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I think it would make a lovely pendant (with the added bonus that the clarity won''t be as much of an issue because people don''t go up close to necks). You could then set a colored stone in the original setting, or just sell the mounting on Craig''s list or something.

I agree about the pendant idea... I was originally thinking that or a RHR...But I like the pendant idea more due to the clarity reasons as well....

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
it will make a lovely pendant - how about bezel or 1/2 bezel set? can''t wait to see what you decide!
oh! i just thought of this - any chance the jeweler will offer you upgrade credit? maybe you could trade it in for something you''ve always wanted?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If it were me I''d consider getting it recut. You could afford to loose a little wieght and improve the cut, then have it set in a pendant.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 8:03:01 PM
Author: mommy2iz
it will make a lovely pendant - how about bezel or 1/2 bezel set? can''t wait to see what you decide!

oh! i just thought of this - any chance the jeweler will offer you upgrade credit? maybe you could trade it in for something you''ve always wanted?

You know, he got it at Zales (gasp...)

So I don''t know how much trade-in credit I''d even get for it...

I guess it wouldn''t hurt to ask????

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
I''m also trying to figure out what to do with mine. I''ve taken it to a couple of jewelry stores where we''ve been shopping for my new e-ring and asked about a trade-in. They''ve said they will take it in on trade, but they we''re terribly enthusiastic about it because it''s .50 J I1 (yeah, he knew nothing about diamonds. Then again, in my youth and naivety, neither did I). The local jeweler he bought the ring from stated that he would give him (ex-hubby) full credit for the ring, should we ever want to upgrade. I''m wondering if it would be tacky to take trade it in for an upgrade there with the upgraded man?
31.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some less dirty pics....

PDOLDDIAMOND 001.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the lack of awesome lighting...

PDOLDDIAMOND 002.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I now can see the many inclusions.....sigh....

PDOLDDIAMOND 004.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Trying for a better photo....

PDOLDDIAMOND 005.jpg

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
The best I could do with the macro mode....

PDOLDDIAMOND 006.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that I would reset it into a pendant. You could always sell the wrap/setting on ebay and make some money off your ex, lol!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would put it in a pendant. Zales does take trade ins but you have to spend twice what it cost.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the pendant! The clairty would bug me in a ring.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look gorgeous in a bezel pendant.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Pendant!!!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Pendant! And put the smaller diamonds in the part that the big diamond hangs from (bail, bale- however it's spelled!).

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Either a pendant or a non-engagement looking rhr. You can call it your "rid of the ex" ring and please your fiancee!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That depends on how tacky the man was! If he did something really heinous then go for it!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to be unclear. That last post was for Snickerdoodle!

Is this the stone you are thinking about sending to WF princess dijon?

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, this would be the one....I emailed WF today about it and I will see what they have to say...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recut, you''d loose some of the weight but it''d still be a good size for a pendant. Scrap the metal at a jeweler who would give you credit for the metal toward a pendant setting. You''d have a whole new look. At that point with nothing being unchanged it could hardly be considered a gift from an ex.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I just got an email back from Lesley at WF (very prompt...I''m impressed!)

She said that it sounds worthy of a re-cut based on the specs but she will be having Brian Gavin take a look at it physically to make sure that it would be okay to re-cut....

Now I am getting all sorts of ideas in my head....
26.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would make a killer pendant!! I''d definitely go this route and put it in a simple martini or bezel style!

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
I would put it in a bezel slider style pendant and ROCK IT DAILY!
30.gif

What a fun problem to have
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results