shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of wedding band do I need?

cj2be

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I have a pave engagement ring that comes with a matching wedding band, but when I tried it on I didn’t like the look. I want to go with a plain ~1.5mm gold band (still deciding on whether I want white gold or rose gold). I’m running into an issue though because when I try on wedding bands they all seem to sit way lower than my engagement ring and I don’t know what my options are. I’m assuming I need a higher dome but I don’t know how high.

I’ve attached pictures so you can see the side of my ring as well as what it looks like with the types of bands I’ve tried.

552522F0-F42E-4C18-BD86-797443E35ED8.jpeg D65438DB-CF36-4D12-B606-A83FF99E014A.jpeg CF347CC2-E9BC-40F8-8A7A-71288C57E748.jpeg

Last edited:

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Last edited:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
What about adding the plain band as a spacer ring to enhance the look if you already have the wedding band? I find a spacer to be more attractive and less matchy and annoying when compared to side by side identical bands. Lol, maybe just me!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
@SimoneDi When you say you added engraving, who did you send it off to? Let's see a photo! Is this more cost effective, or what's the reason to not make an engraved band from the start?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi When you say you added engraving, who did you send it off to? Let's see a photo! Is this more cost effective, or what's the reason to not make an engraved band from the start?
DK did the engraving and he did a lovely job. I don't think it’s necessary more cost effective. I simply had the band and decided to pretty it up. I almost parted ways with it but DH really wanted me to keep it - go figure! Here is a pic of it-
033BE3BF-245E-47A2-A7FF-FC47E4956474.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the lack of symmetry in the height of the bands that bothers you eye. It is very personal but the lack of symmetry bothers me too. I think you just need to keep trying on bands until you find one with the right height. Because this symmetry matters to me, I had the maker of the ering make a custom band for me to exactly match the width and height of my ering. It depends on how anal you are. I'm really anal.

cj2be

Shiny_Rock
It's the lack of symmetry in the height of the bands that bothers you eye. It is very personal but the lack of symmetry bothers me too. I think you just need to keep trying on bands until you find one with the right height. Because this symmetry matters to me, I had the maker of the ering make a custom band for me to exactly match the width and height of my ering. It depends on how anal you are. I'm really anal.

I am the same way. I’m probably gonna need mine custom made too!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am the same way. I’m probably gonna need mine custom made too!

All of this. My 3 rings are all made to be the same height & width, give 0.5mm on the solitaire width but the height is the same.

cj2be

Shiny_Rock
just looked up the measurements for the height of my band and it’s 2.39 mm. Do any online stores make plain bands with that height or do I need it specially made? I’m looking for the outer part to be between 1.5 and 1.9 at the most

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you’re patient and willing to buy and return stuff I bet eventually you will find a match. And again it depends on your level of anality (word?). And patience. I am very and have none. And I hate settling. Know thyself.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I believe eweddingbands.com will customize height and width

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd get a heavy dome comfort fit band from e-wb.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Layla and Lula.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ewedding bands is also having a sale this weekend, 15% off on everything - code ewb15all. They have also had a 25% off platinum for awhile now. I have been eyeing another band...o_O

cj2be

Shiny_Rock
I’m having trouble finding where to go on their website to customize my ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results