shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of projects are you working on?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of craft / projects is everyone working on?

I have 2 quilts going, and I just bought several yards of fabric that I have *NO* plans for (sigh). Simply because they were pink and pretty and I couldn’t help myself. Then I got my latest Keepsake Quilting catalogue and couldn’t help but buy ANOTHER kit that will inevitably end up in the closet for years while I try and finish my current projects.....

You know how it goes ;-)

So! What is everyone working on?
Pictures for picture tax

AD7B8A65-9D32-466B-9138-FC5056EFFCA0.jpeg EF17644A-707A-4284-9053-E6E89F557143.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your quilts!!! :kiss2:
It's another hobby I've always wanted to get into.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How wonderful!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You‘re so talented! The quilt is beautiful!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Aww thank you all for your kind words! I’m just a newbie. My mom however has been quilting for the last 35 years. It’s funny, we have totally different styles. She prefers nature colors in muted tones, golds, greens, blues and rustic red. And I’m like BRIGHT! JEWEL TONES! PINK! SPARKLES?! Haha. Below are just a couple of my mom’s quilts. I tell her “mom you created a monster, I can’t stop!” She has *so many* Rubbermaid totes full of random fabric.

4C4E865B-93CF-42A9-A914-9861313AC212.jpeg

Attachments

• F1B7B635-F109-4E55-86F1-60994A4B1672.jpeg
    F1B7B635-F109-4E55-86F1-60994A4B1672.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 028F1067-AA89-4265-BB89-E8686B66A440.jpeg
    028F1067-AA89-4265-BB89-E8686B66A440.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 5AD899E3-4601-477C-8C40-8FB9F48A71BE.jpeg
    5AD899E3-4601-477C-8C40-8FB9F48A71BE.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 2A945F34-99E0-4ECD-BBA1-32D32A9A1172.jpeg
    2A945F34-99E0-4ECD-BBA1-32D32A9A1172.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 17

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww thank you all for your kind words! I’m just a newbie. My mom however has been quilting for the last 35 years. It’s funny, we have totally different styles. She prefers nature colors in muted tones, golds, greens, blues and rustic red. And I’m like BRIGHT! JEWEL TONES! PINK! SPARKLES?! Haha. Below are just a couple of my mom’s quilts. I tell her “mom you created a monster, I can’t stop!” She has *so many* Rubbermaid totes full of random fabric.

4C4E865B-93CF-42A9-A914-9861313AC212.jpeg

I love them all!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
At some point (not sure exactly when but some time soon) I am going to get started on doing my project P Bass guitar.

The idea came to me when my finger was healing after the doctor reattached it and I couldn't play music. It's going to be what I call a 'Clank Monster' where the clanky, metallic tone will reign above all else sonically.

I'll have to post some photos soon and tag @Rockdiamond and @kenny in them, although it may be a bit too gothic for their tastes :saint:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now i have a little more money coming in i have a few projects planned for the winter

i need to send my sewing machine in for a service first but i did think i do have my overlooker (i think Americans use a different name) ....
I have mum's good table cloth with a rust stain i can't get out so im going to cut it up and make toppers for the china cabinets - i thought a nice rolled hem ?

Then i have some polar fleese blankets that need sewn back together because i cut them down to better fit our beds better (our old bed was a super king)

Then i have some never used valances i want to sew onto an old eiderdown that still has plenty of life in it but its cover is just a bit old
I think i can do all that with the overlocker and make Borris a few cat blankies while im at it

then when the sewing machine is back i have a couple of lots of patchwork (just squares) to sew up im going to make into duvet covers rather than a quilt

Then i have curtains to make for two rooms - i have the fabric and lining and tape already

Maybe before then i finish painting the toilet room - i just need to get a wee bit more paint

Then i have a project i want to do on the guest bedroom wardrobe door
Its a funny hand made door i used to hate but my freind pointed out how much work went into making it so im going to pad the inside and cover with something pretty - i like the idea of a surprise when one opens the door
and then still with that same wardrobe door ..dit dit dit dit da ! Drum roll please Max ! Wallpaper the panels on the door
If it doesn't work it doesn't work - its just a one off idea and will be a bit of practice with wallpaper and no harm will be done
Its my house and it can be as quirky as i want !
Then i should have probably painted that room before i hang its curtains! - i have its paint already
of course we are going into winter here and our 20 year old dehumidifier just gave up the ghost and this house is cold in winter and paint needs 10 degrees C to dry

I also have a tall boy and a bedside cabinet to sand and paint (purple) then a large art deco cabinet i got for $40 to convert into a drinks cabinet for the Bruce room - i have the paint for that already too - but that is the room with a lot of stuff in that will need to be stacked somewhere else while i sand it - that's the major

And i have a mirror i want to decorate with ceramic flowers and fairy lights
and i have a ton of things to hang on the wall

Plenty to do =)2

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The idea came to me when my finger was healing after the doctor reattached it
Not a project question and sorry if I’m being gruesome or too direct but what happened? Is your finger ok now? What was the process of healing it like? I have questions and this was just so casually inserted into your post I had to ask..

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not a project question and sorry if I’m being gruesome or too direct but what happened? Is your finger ok now? What was the process of healing it like? I have questions and this was just so casually inserted into your post I had to ask..

*Cover Warning: gruesome description here, move along if squirmish*

I crushed it in a construction tripod, the tip was virtually severed from the rest of the finger and required plastic surgery to be reattached back down in place (virtually hanging there by just skin and meat).
The full list of damage was; the finger tip bone was broken and had to be wired back into shape and place, ligament damage, a very bad laceration, hematoma, nerve and artery damage and the tendon was hanging out. There was a lot of drilling, hammering, poking, snipping and prodding under a local anaesthetic, not much fun but they make us tough here...

The initial healing process was quick, I had the bandages off in about a month or so. But there's been a lot a of rehab therapy, strength and grip training and just other exercises to try promote the feeling back into it again. The finger also has a scar on it that wraps around my finger tip where it was seen back down into place. Apparently it's about two years or so for the finger to go to whatever new kind of 'normal' it will be.

The hardest part for me during recovery was not being able to pick up my son and play with him, he took months to warm back up to me again. But I also couldn't cut Opal, couldn't play bass guitar, couldn't write (I'm a lefty and it was my left index), couldn't tie fishing knots. Very frustrating to say the least...

Currently my finger has all it's movement back, the hand therapist thought I would be slightly limited with range of movement but it's all returned. The issues now are sensation and coordination but those will improve with time apparently. It's also very misshapen and looks crooked, but that's just one of the many quirks of the scars and injuries that my hands have copper over the years :saint:
The surgeon mentioned that when he saw my guitar tattoos he knew he had to save my finger, he said removing the finger and making it a stump would have been quicker healing time but his concern was that if he removed my finger that I might remove all of his as payback :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I crushed it in a construction tripod, the tip was virtually severed from the rest of the finger and required plastic surgery to be reattached back down in place (virtually hanging there by just skin and meat).
The full list of damage was; the finger tip bone was broken and had to be wired back into shape and place, ligament damage, a very bad laceration, hematoma, nerve and artery damage and the tendon was hanging out. There was a lot of drilling, hammering, poking, snipping and prodding under a local anaesthetic, not much fun but they make us tough here...

The initial healing process was quick, I had the bandages off in about a month or so. But there's been a lot a of rehab therapy, strength and grip training and just other exercises to try promote the feeling back into it again. The finger also has a scar on it that wraps around my finger tip where it was seen back down into place. Apparently it's about two years or so for the finger to go to whatever new kind of 'normal' it will be.

The hardest part for me during recovery was not being able to pick up my son and play with him, he took months to warm back up to me again. But I also couldn't cut Opal, couldn't play bass guitar, couldn't write (I'm a lefty and it was my left index), couldn't tie fishing knots. Very frustrating to say the least...

Currently my finger has all it's movement back, the hand therapist thought I would be slightly limited with range of movement but it's all returned. The issues now are sensation and coordination but those will improve with time apparently. It's also very misshapen and looks crooked, but that's just one of the many quirks of the scars and injuries that my hands have copper over the years :saint:
The surgeon mentioned that when he saw my guitar tattoos he knew he had to save my finger, he said removing the finger and making it a stump would have been quicker healing time but his concern was that if he removed my finger that I might remove all of his as payback :lol:

Wowser! That's a lot of finger trauma! I am SO glad the surgeon worked his magic & that it's been healing incredibly well.

Here's hoping the sensation fully returns (sounds like you are on your way with that) & playing guitar again as soon as you can. And cutting your delicious opals, obviously ;-)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now i have a little more money coming in i have a few projects planned for the winter

i need to send my sewing machine in for a service first but i did think i do have my overlooker (i think Americans use a different name) ....
I have mum's good table cloth with a rust stain i can't get out so im going to cut it up and make toppers for the china cabinets - i thought a nice rolled hem ?

Then i have some polar fleese blankets that need sewn back together because i cut them down to better fit our beds better (our old bed was a super king)

Then i have some never used valances i want to sew onto an old eiderdown that still has plenty of life in it but its cover is just a bit old
I think i can do all that with the overlocker and make Borris a few cat blankies while im at it

then when the sewing machine is back i have a couple of lots of patchwork (just squares) to sew up im going to make into duvet covers rather than a quilt

Then i have curtains to make for two rooms - i have the fabric and lining and tape already

Maybe before then i finish painting the toilet room - i just need to get a wee bit more paint

Then i have a project i want to do on the guest bedroom wardrobe door
Its a funny hand made door i used to hate but my freind pointed out how much work went into making it so im going to pad the inside and cover with something pretty - i like the idea of a surprise when one opens the door
and then still with that same wardrobe door ..dit dit dit dit da ! Drum roll please Max ! Wallpaper the panels on the door
If it doesn't work it doesn't work - its just a one off idea and will be a bit of practice with wallpaper and no harm will be done
Its my house and it can be as quirky as i want !
Then i should have probably painted that room before i hang its curtains! - i have its paint already
of course we are going into winter here and our 20 year old dehumidifier just gave up the ghost and this house is cold in winter and paint needs 10 degrees C to dry

I also have a tall boy and a bedside cabinet to sand and paint (purple) then a large art deco cabinet i got for $40 to convert into a drinks cabinet for the Bruce room - i have the paint for that already too - but that is the room with a lot of stuff in that will need to be stacked somewhere else while i sand it - that's the major

And i have a mirror i want to decorate with ceramic flowers and fairy lights
and i have a ton of things to hang on the wall

Plenty to do =)2

You are going to be one busy little bee when that overlocker gets fixed!

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
I've made a few wreaths recently. I have also commissioned 2 paintings from artists, which I'm really excited about.

All my other projects are involving plants and animals.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I ordered a 9qt Le Creuset dutch oven, I'm going to start venturing into the fun adventure of making my own sourdough artisan bread......does cooking/baking count as a hobby?

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wowser! That's a lot of finger trauma! I am SO glad the surgeon worked his magic & that it's been healing incredibly well.

Here's hoping the sensation fully returns (sounds like you are on your way with that) & playing guitar again as soon as you can. And cutting your delicious opals, obviously ;-)

Thanks! I've been back to playing bass and cutting Opals again for a few months now, Opals aren't an issue but I'm still working through a few issues with the bass. My finger still doesn't react the way it used to and some very fast parts I used to play are now ranging from difficult to impossible.

The surgeon was an absolute wizard; he got it all put back together despite being as mangled as it was and it was very quick procedure as well, 25-30 minutes to get it all done. I got some high fives from the nurse staff too for getting it done under a local, apparently this kind of reconstruction is not something they typically do under a local as it's right on the edge of what people can handle while awake. We must be pretty tough here in Australia!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Love the quilts!

I’m trying to teach my dog really pointless tricks like carpet (so he stands on the carpet) and poke (so he goes and pokes the closest person with his nose). Hand on the wall is also on the to-do list. For no other reason than we’re bored and he’s smart.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

omg that sounds epic! I’m so glad it sounds like you’re well on the way back to full function again. What a relief. (I crushed the tip of my left index finger in a door as a child so I feel some of your pain!)

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful! Are those peonies?

I have lots of peonies! White, pale, medium and dark pink. My favorite is Duchesse de Nemours which is very pale lemony yellow/white. Last year, I cut some in tight bud and stored in the fridge so I could have them longer.

Attachments

• D79DCB72-DC5F-4892-BD06-81DA28956FF0.jpeg
    D79DCB72-DC5F-4892-BD06-81DA28956FF0.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 9

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I have lots of peonies! White, pale, medium and dark pink. My favorite is Duchesse de Nemours which is very pale lemony yellow/white. Last year, I cut some in tight bud and stored in the fridge so I could have them longer.

That sounds beautiful. I’d love to see pics of them in bloom if you don’t mind sharing. I love looking at people’s gardens.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
It keeps me off the streets!

Attachments

• D7A995AB-8BE5-4B82-B53C-00FC7DAECF6D.jpeg
    D7A995AB-8BE5-4B82-B53C-00FC7DAECF6D.jpeg
    454.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 562EC817-1A0D-4714-9102-E31DBDD9AB3D.jpeg
    562EC817-1A0D-4714-9102-E31DBDD9AB3D.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 807E8A81-FA35-4A13-8998-A5313C030A38.jpeg
    807E8A81-FA35-4A13-8998-A5313C030A38.jpeg
    527.8 KB · Views: 11

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I could only beer to read every second line - poor you but so glad the surgeon could fix it

i once was at work and came back from a comfort stop to find a trail of blood all the way from the saw cage to the first aid box behind my counter (big box hardwear store- timber dept)- so glad it was a long walk to the ladies in that job because apart from cleaning up i missed all the gruesome excitment
Hemi who had been a qualified builder and was middle aged had been doing some precision cutting for a customer ....
His finger was everdently only hanging on by a piece of skin
Lucky they took him straight to Lower Hutt where the plastic surgery is done in Wellington and it healed completly

I remember someone changed his name on his locker from Hemi to Semi (attached)

I feel sick now :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results