shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of projects are you working on?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now i have a little more money coming in i have a few projects planned for the winter

i need to send my sewing machine in for a service first but i did think i do have my overlooker (i think Americans use a different name) ....
I have mum's good table cloth with a rust stain i can't get out so im going to cut it up and make toppers for the china cabinets - i thought a nice rolled hem ?

Then i have some polar fleese blankets that need sewn back together because i cut them down to better fit our beds better (our old bed was a super king)

Then i have some never used valances i want to sew onto an old eiderdown that still has plenty of life in it but its cover is just a bit old
I think i can do all that with the overlocker and make Borris a few cat blankies while im at it

then when the sewing machine is back i have a couple of lots of patchwork (just squares) to sew up im going to make into duvet covers rather than a quilt

Then i have curtains to make for two rooms - i have the fabric and lining and tape already

Maybe before then i finish painting the toilet room - i just need to get a wee bit more paint

Then i have a project i want to do on the guest bedroom wardrobe door
Its a funny hand made door i used to hate but my freind pointed out how much work went into making it so im going to pad the inside and cover with something pretty - i like the idea of a surprise when one opens the door
and then still with that same wardrobe door ..dit dit dit dit da ! Drum roll please Max ! Wallpaper the panels on the door
If it doesn't work it doesn't work - its just a one off idea and will be a bit of practice with wallpaper and no harm will be done
Its my house and it can be as quirky as i want !
Then i should have probably painted that room before i hang its curtains! - i have its paint already
of course we are going into winter here and our 20 year old dehumidifier just gave up the ghost and this house is cold in winter and paint needs 10 degrees C to dry

I also have a tall boy and a bedside cabinet to sand and paint (purple) then a large art deco cabinet i got for $40 to convert into a drinks cabinet for the Bruce room - i have the paint for that already too - but that is the room with a lot of stuff in that will need to be stacked somewhere else while i sand it - that's the major

And i have a mirror i want to decorate with ceramic flowers and fairy lights
and i have a ton of things to hang on the wall

Plenty to do =)2

Hmmmmm
So far im not doing too well :lol:
But its still technically the Autumn

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been really cathartic @Daisys and Diamonds, and now there are just a few very small things to be done, but they’re last minute really, so we’ll wait until we put the house on the market to do those.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packing in as many social outings more than a couple of hours from home before the arrival of a new fur baby next Friday, can't wait!

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t keep us in suspenders @dk168, tell us about the new arrival. :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t keep us in suspenders @dk168, tell us about the new arrival. :lol:

He is a ? 5-month old Romanian rescue puppy, due to arrive next Friday.

A mix breed with some Terrier in him for certain.

I am fostering first with the view to adopt.

Hopefully the cat will allow him into her turf, and I hope she will, as I believe she is missing the dog in her own little ways.

Fingers firmly crossed!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished painting my bathroom last week, so now the living room, dining room and bathroom are done. Next we move on to our oldest son’s room, painting and replacing carpet.

After all that the kitchen will be the only room in need of significant upgrade but that’s major buckaroos. Plus we will need a new roof before the kitchen is a priority.

please ignore the cat box, also I asked son to put a hand towel out and apparently he doesn’t know the difference between that and a bath towel!
8C5E1EE0-549D-422A-AE50-64D08315ADA5.jpeg
2F42D61C-B034-4282-A676-B4D5ACBC099B.jpeg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just did some wainscoting in the house. We added it to the dining room, living room, front entrance, stairs and the study. I’m so happy with the way it turned out! 29748553-B5BA-4430-84ED-02295C7037F7.jpeg AAF32D2D-2F80-466E-909A-0C5CAB380A97.jpeg FA4A5C78-A926-41D2-A6AD-FD92C444B089.jpeg B5E30139-E9FD-4462-AA26-EE609D63BF17.jpeg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ringbling17 please do my house next :lol: I wish my office could look so nice (its not trust me...)

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
He is a ? 5-month old Romanian rescue puppy, due to arrive next Friday.

A mix breed with some Terrier in him for certain.

I am fostering first with the view to adopt.

Hopefully the cat will allow him into her turf, and I hope she will, as I believe she is missing the dog in her own little ways.

Fingers firmly crossed!

So excited "fur" you @dk168 ! We will need pix. Sorry for the threadjack.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results