shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your biggest Fear???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Waaaaaaaah! Oh gosh I didn''t want to see that!!! I am so glad I live in Ireland and we have virtually no bugs
36.gif

(Makes sense about the different kinds, thanks Ellen
35.gif
)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:12:15 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/24/2008 10:53:20 AM
Author: Stephanie
Wasps are just awful. And I don''t understand their place in nature.

My fear of bees runs so deep that I won''t even eat honey or anything with honey in it. When I was growing up, my allergies to pollen were so awful (before the Allegra movement) that my grandparents thought that giving me honey with everything I ate would build up my immunities to the pollen. I would eat around the honey or just not eat period.
Well, you could say that about a lot of things. Roaches come to mind....
40.gif

I''ve been stung by both bee and wasp, and let me tell ya, a wasp sting hurts FAR worse.
LOL, El! Roaches scare me. The one as big as my hand in Hawaii made me so freaked out
32.gif
I hear they fly too
14.gif

Wasp sting does HURT
39.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Ellen, I hate those things and Delster NO bugs in Ireland???????? I am moving there!!
9.gif
I hate going on picnics or camping, trying to eat in summer and along come the bees looking for a handout. They scare my little grandsons, if they are with us. They immediately get up, and go inside our 5th wheel. OR they tease the bees, which we tell them to stop or get stung, it is their choice.

Linda

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:22:16 AM
Author: Delster
Waaaaaaaah! Oh gosh I didn''t want to see that!!! I am so glad I live in Ireland and we have virtually no bugs
36.gif

(Makes sense about the different kinds, thanks Ellen
35.gif
)
lol I''m sorry!
9.gif
LOOK AWAY!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:23:23 AM
Author: Skippy123

LOL, El! Roaches scare me. The one as big as my hand in Hawaii made me so freaked out
32.gif
I hear they fly too
14.gif

Wasp sting does HURT
39.gif
yikes2.gif

And yes, they can fly.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:26:01 AM
Author: Linda W
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Ellen, I hate those things and Delster NO bugs in Ireland???????? I am moving there!!
9.gif
I hate going on picnics or camping, trying to eat in summer and along come the bees looking for a handout. They scare my little grandsons, if they are with us. They immediately get up, and go inside our 5th wheel. OR they tease the bees, which we tell them to stop or get stung, it is their choice.

Linda
Yup Linda, come on over!!!
35.gif
We do have bugs, it''s just they are all small. And there is nothing in Ireland that can bite / sting you and kill you. We don''t even have rabies.

We used to go to this religious service in my Mam''s home place every year - it''s an outdoor blessing of the graves. It''d take about an hour and it was always in mid September. Right about the time the bees and wasps were dying off and were vulnerable. Guaranteed every year I''d get stung. Uggggghhhhhh
32.gif
I hate the sensation of the little legs clamping on right before the sting, waaaah! And then the throbbing and the swelling and the cold sweating and the shivering. Yeah, I don''t react well to stings
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

Linda
Me too. And here''s why.
11.gif

Several years ago I was outside working in the yard. I had on a T-shirt and jeans. I came inside and was walking through the kitchen when I felt something tickling my tummy. I pulled the top of my shirt out and there was a wasp crawling on the inside of it. I immediately took the sides of my shirt, bent over and ripped it off, unfortunately with such force that the shirt slapped against my ankles. Which in turn caused the critter to land on my leg and start crawling up it, and while I''m still wondering where it went, it proceeds to sting me twice. Sooo, I now rip off my pants and kill the thing.
29.gif

And stand there in the middle of the room in my undies, right in front of the kitchen window.
lol.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delster,

Actually, Rick and I do want to visit Ireland, so hopefully we would be able to meet you and Bee.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2008 11:41:25 AM
Author: Ellen

9.gif

Linda
Me too. And here''s why.
11.gif

Several years ago I was outside working in the yard. I had on a T-shirt and jeans. I came inside and was walking through the kitchen when I felt something tickling my tummy. I pulled the top of my shirt out and there was a wasp crawling on the inside of it. I immediately took the sides of my shirt, bent over and ripped it off, unfortunately with such force that the shirt slapped against my ankles. Which in turn caused the critter to land on my leg and start crawling up it, and while I''m still wondering where it went, it proceeds to sting me twice. Sooo, I now rip off my pants and kill the thing.
29.gif

And stand there in the middle of the room in my undies, right in front of the kitchen window.
lol.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Grief Ellen, I bet that hurt. We had a little wasp nest going on in the eaves of our garage door last year. It was a tiny one, just beginning to form. I took a broom and swatted that sucker down fast. They come around our yard every so often, those nasty things.

Linda

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness Ellen!
23.gif
But oh so funny the way you tell it
31.gif

We had a wasp''s nest in the ground in our back garden once. The dog kept investigating and getting stung, poor thing. My Dad tried every product he could buy in the stores and nothing worked. In the end he burned it out of there. Only he burned half the lawn and one of the evergreens too. Ooops!

Linda when are you planning to travel? You''ll love it over here (not that I''m biased or anything)!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:43:44 AM
Author: Lorelei

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
Yeah, not fun. Although it''s kinda funny now.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:50:58 AM
Author: Delster
Oh my goodness Ellen!
23.gif
But oh so funny the way you tell it
31.gif

We had a wasp''s nest in the ground in our back garden once. The dog kept investigating and getting stung, poor thing. My Dad tried every product he could buy in the stores and nothing worked. In the end he burned it out of there. Only he burned half the lawn and one of the evergreens too. Ooops!

Linda when are you planning to travel? You''ll love it over here (not that I''m biased or anything)!
LOL Ooops is right!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delster,

Not for awhile yet. I would say in the next year or so. My DH is having health issues right now, so once that is taken care of we will.

My brother and his girlfriend were in Ireland last year for two weeks, they LOVED it and didn''t want to come back HA!!! I can''t remember which part they were at thought. They loved the people there. They said they were so friendly and kind. They loved the Pubs. They enjoyed sitting there and chit chatting with the people. They even met a couple their age that invited them to their house to eat. They had a great time. They LOVED the food!!

They really enjoyed talking to the children they met too. The children wanted to know all about the U.S., he said they were so darn cute.

Linda

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Aw it's lovely to hear such a positive report about Ireland! Good to know that even with all the changes here that we're still warm and welcoming. Sometimes there are a lot of negative media stories here about how the Ireland of the welcomes is no more...

Hoping your hubby is on the mend and back to fighting fit real soon
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delster,

Thank you, I hope he feels better soon.

When we were in Germany a few years back, we had heard that they didn''t like Americans. Well that was not true. The people there were very friendly to my DH and I and also to the couple we traveled with. The same in Austria too.

Linda

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Dying before I have raised my son to mature adulthood.

I think I have become a hypochonriac (sp), I just want to see him grow up and be a mature adult. I would hate to die and leave him motherless.
39.gif

d2b

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Falling down a well. Sound''s crazy I know, but my grandparents used to have a well that they actually used for drinking water. Had a metal dipper hung on a nail on the side of the wellhouse and a bucket on a chain. My brother and I used to play on the wellhouse, go figure, and we got into big trouble and were warned it was dangerous and we could fall in. Well, from that day on the very thought of falling down in that narrow, dark, cold well into the water kept me up at night for the longest time. So, I got older and basically forgot about the well thing until baby Jessica McClure (ya''ll remember that news story from 20 years ago?) fell into that abandoned well in Texas and it took over 50 hours to rescue her. I had nightmares about falling backwards into a narrow hole, rear-end first, wedged underground with my knees literally in front of my face and being trapped for days. Just to remember makes me short of breath as I type this.

I hate, HATE, ferris wheels. When we used to go to the fair my Mom would not want to leave me alone while she rode so I was forced to ride with her. It was torture. Now, I love rollercoasters, but that whole free-swinging, dangling ferris wheel thing just makes me scream...and pee.

My DH hates clowns...but you''d never know it by how often he frequents McDonalds. I guess when there''s food involved he can put the fear aside.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Hate to continue the buggy theme but when I swim at my parents pool - which is adjacent to a wooded area, we sometimes get attacked by either horse flies or deer flies. They''re huge! about 25mm in length and you can hear them coming and their bites HURT! The kicker is, if one lands on your head, and you dive under water to get rid of it, it can stay attached to your head and still bite so once they come around there is really no escaping them. The only thing we''ve found to do is splash them away before they land on you or go inside the house. Once you are their prey, they are re-lent-less! I hate them!!!!!!

blackhorsefly.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I had no idea so many folks were deathly afraid of critters; that said, it explains why our DDIL and DGD go ballistic when we''re barbecuing and eating outside! I used to just look at our DDIL thinking she was being over-dramatic rushing into the house when a bug was around
20.gif
. Since she''s been in our family for over 15 years now, she''s becoming less paranoid, and I''d like to think, we''re becoming more tolerant.

DH is not much help in this situation as he keeps saying, " Look how small it is; it should be afraid of you."
11.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 12:10:58 PM
Delster,

Thank you, I hope he feels better soon.

When we were in Germany a few years back, we had heard that they didn''t like Americans. Well that was not true. The people there were very friendly to my DH and I and also to the couple we traveled with. The same in Austria too.

Linda
Aw this ''everyone hates Americans'' thing
7.gif
It makes me sad. It''s not true! Everyone hates loud, obnoxious, ignorant tourists, no matter where they come from. And everyone loves lovely people, no matter where they come from
1.gif

Now, that said, I did have a (yes, American) housemate once who staunchly maintained that people speak French in Germany. There was no telling her otherwise. I sometimes wonder what the Germans made of her on her round-Europe backpacking trip. Or more interestingly, what she made of their ''French''!

dianne - I remember that Jessica McClure story, I wasn''t much older than her and it frightened me no end. The poor thing and she was so brave.

Starset those flies sound awful
32.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have two:

1. death
2. failure

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
for me, it is any situation of feeling trapped. Fear of flying tops the list.

Just got back from a week away and we flew. It ruins it for me.......
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 4:43:14 PM
Author: Eva17
for me, it is any situation of feeling trapped. Fear of flying tops the list.

Just got back from a week away and we flew. It ruins it for me.......
7.gif
I hate that! I have to have an aisle seat or I start to panic.

Anyone else have to have the aisle seat because of this?

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, I need the aisle seat too. Even at broadway shows, i prefer an end seat.... movie theatres it doesn''t matter to me for some reason.

the aisle creates some sort of mental illusion for me that makes me feel better.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 11:42:44 AM
Delster,

Actually, Rick and I do want to visit Ireland, so hopefully we would be able to meet you and Bee.

Linda

I''d love to meet up with you Linda when you come over!

I hate bugs too
14.gif
We had a dog in today with so many fleas and ticks on him-it was horrible. I feel itchy even thinking about it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

Yes, I also need an aisle seat when flying. Once I had to sit in the middle on the way to Hawaii and I thought I was going to die. It was awful.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2008 5:24:23 PM
Author: icekid
Being a doctor........
32.gif
(one month!) I don't think I have any of the usual phobias though.
Ah Icekid, no worries, you will be a Wonderful doctor; I can tell by your posts!!!
35.gif

Linda and Eva, I freak out if I don't have an aisle or at least dh has the aisle; if a stranger has the aisle I warn them I get up often.
27.gif

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
O.k., that totally made my hairs stand on end......
6.gif

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 2:20:51 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Hate to continue the buggy theme but when I swim at my parents pool - which is adjacent to a wooded area, we sometimes get attacked by either horse flies or deer flies. They''re huge! about 25mm in length and you can hear them coming and their bites HURT! The kicker is, if one lands on your head, and you dive under water to get rid of it, it can stay attached to your head and still bite so once they come around there is really no escaping them. The only thing we''ve found to do is splash them away before they land on you or go inside the house. Once you are their prey, they are re-lent-less! I hate them!!!!!!

Whoops, that totally made my hairs stand on end.....lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results