shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a "ring bearer"?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it another term for modern round brilliant?

il_794xN.1843647047_49ly.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute.
I remember being at a church wedding and the groom dropped the ring and it bounced down the stairs and a few people had to get on hands and knees to find it!
A lady sitting behind said “that’s not a good omen”.
The couple are still married, 4 kids, and there’s a photo on display at their home that “captured the moment” :lol-2:

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On other forums I’ve seen it as being used for “round brilliant”.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand why 'ring bearer' = MRB.

That makes zero sense to me :???: unless I'm missing something really obvious, lol.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That picture sure is cute!

As for the story about dropping the ring being a bad omen. Paul once told me about a tradition in Antwerp: If you drop a diamond while checking it for potential purchase, you are supposed to buy it! I do not know if it is upheld, but it is fun to share. Can you just imagine jewelers in the States trying to uphold that same tradition with consumers? ;)2

Wink

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I once had a client who used that to describe the little spring-ring thing that diamond dealers use when they send out stones to clients. Also known as diamond holders.

As another random thought, I’ve heard them called Not-A-Rings because of the cardboard label that Blue Nile wraps around them so that customers know not to present them as if this was already in a setting. No doubt someone sued them over this at some point.

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
On some other web sites, the abbreviation RB is automatically changed to the term "ring bearer". I am not sure if that is how the moniker came to be :) To me, probably due to my age, the term refers to the little boy or girl who carries the rings down the aisle on the little pillow :) However, I have never seen a ring bearer at a Jewish wedding so I dont think it is a Jewish thing ;-) My stepfather married my husband and me and he had the rings in his pocket - plain bands, of course.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I once had a client who used that to describe the little spring-ring thing that diamond dealers use when they send out stones to clients. Also known as diamond holders.

As another random thought, I’ve heard them called Not-A-Rings because of the cardboard label that Blue Nile wraps around them so that customers know not to present them as if this was already in a setting. No doubt someone sued them over this at some point.
Oy!

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
It's just poor coding on a site that sounds like SchweddingSchbee. If you type in DD for Dear Daughter on that same site it translates to Dirty Delete.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results