shape
carat
color
clarity

What I''m waiting on...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Did you guys notice now on the FF website there is a discount code geared right towards us???

I did... I''ve been stalking the page waiting for another strand to speak to me.

One did...... haha so I bought one more strand! So bad, I know. Fiance wasn''t too happy- he claims "he never gets anything". I asked him what he wanted, and he didn''t know... then said he wanted a headset for his PS3...
20.gif
Boys.

Here is the strand I got.. the color balance seems off, so the next picture shows an "auto correct" in photoshop, which is probably a mix of what it mostly looks like.

sbpinkstrand1.jpg

OK. The website describes them as:

8.1 X 10.8MM LIGHT GRAY- CHERRYTAHITIAN STRAND
A FAB-O budget strand without compromising on quality. Light to Medium Silver-Gray Cherry with luscious Pink overtones. There is also a slight hint of pistachio-green on some pearls. Drop-Circle Shaped Tahitian Cultured Pearls with light natural surface rings and gorgeous luster. Solid 14k white gold matte ball clasp.

*** So I''m guessing the colors are about what they are in the middle of the picture (see the top of the picture is still a little pink, and the bottom is a bit greenish).. But yeah... now I need some matching earrings! THOSE will have to wait.
12.gif

sbpinkstrand2.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed those! Love the shape and the silvery pink cherry tones! You are gonna love those strands when you get them. I like how both of your strands contrast each other in color in shape! Can''t wait to see lots of pics!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
oh Swedish Bean, they are gorgeous, good for you.

I cannot wait to see photos

CCN- I was thinking of doing a more silvery blue color, but I saw these and
30.gif
I aspire to be able to wear them like you, DiaDiva, and HHPmom wear them!!

gardengloves- Thank You! I think I found my new favorite type of pearl...
10.gif

I think my next pair of earrings needs to be similar to these babies, but they are a bit more than I want to spend right now, so hopefully I can find something similar when I''m looking to splurge again
31.gif

nextpairhmmm.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been drooling over the tahitian studs too!! Gorgeous!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! You got *that* strand! I was soooo close to getting that one rather than the peacock one I decided on. It looks FABULOUS. So glad it''s going to a PSer!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been away for about a week and everyone has been on a shopping spree or enabling others. Lots of baroque strands from FF are sold out already. Great choices! Can''t wait to see modeling shots.

Date: 2/13/2010 10:54:49 PM
Author: HHPmom
I''ve been away for about a week and everyone has been on a shopping spree or enabling others. Lots of baroque strands from FF are sold out already. Great choices! Can''t wait to see modeling shots.

We''re so bad... I know
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
this little corner of PS is personally keeping the pearl industry economy alive and kicking- we are so bad, in a good way....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2010 3:47:35 PM
Author: gardengloves
this little corner of PS is personally keeping the pearl industry economy alive and kicking- we are so bad, in a good way....
16.gif

So my first item hasn''t even been shipped yet- but Elana said it would be out by Wednesday and refunded my shipping.. Butttt I''m soooo impatient!!! Lol

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, swedish, that sucks. When do you think they will arrive now?

I have an event on Friday so I HOPE they are here by then, but I reaaaaally hope saturday or before.

I completely understand that things come up and they weren''t mailed, but I''m soooo impatient... haha.

She''s such a sweetie though, so I appreciate her notifying me at the very least!

OK! I may or may not have lost my mind. The sale that Elana was running was extended until 2/20 which was bad news to me, since I can "never-resist-a-sale".

I purchased these loose pearls and am going to have them half drilled. I also bought some earring posts for 2 other half drilled pairs I have and am going to attempt the earrings (for myself) and then the 7 tahitian pearls as pendants- I think as gifts for friends. Sooooo excited!! After discount and such the pearls are about $16.70 a piece, which I think is pretty good!

Here is the description:

LOT OF SEVEN (7) LOOSE TAHITIAN PEARLS 8.5-9.2 MM
A small lot of seven (7) loose, undrilled Tahitian cultured pearls ranging in size from 8.5-9.2 mm.
A mix of darker colors including: gunmetal gray, silver with aubergine overtone (cherry), dark teal blue, dark copper and black.

yhst-85558431322368_2092_42769698.jpeg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Swedish, you are so crafty! Those are beautiful!

Of course now I am back on FF website after you said the sale was extended! I''ve been eyeing these. What do you think? linky

I see a few pearls that have blemishes, so if you are looking for ones that are similar to your freshadamas IMO, I don't think you'll like them. BUTTTTT!!! I think it's a good price for that long of a rope, and at that size-- so if you just want a nicer fun strand, I think they're worth it. I was actually thinking about buying a strand of those before I grabbed the 2nd tahitian strand
31.gif
31.gif
I love ropes! I only have one and it is really fun to layer with itself and other strands... plus you can dress it up, or dress it down.

I think I remember reading you wanted to eventually doing a matching freshadama necklace, is that right? If you think it might be a while until doing such a strand, I think the rope could hold you over until then..
31.gif
31.gif
Can't have too many pearls
31.gif

Two of my necklaces are out for delivery!! eeeeee!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2010 1:03:41 PM
Author: swedish bean
Two of my necklaces are out for delivery!! eeeeee!!!
36.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Yay Swedish!! Perfect timing for your event tomorrow1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results