shape
carat
color
clarity

What have you hated at other weddings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 9:10:35 AM
Author: MoonWater
Haven, I didn''t know about the cash gifts either! I immediately talked to my FF about it. His mom is full Italian but she married a German (Irish and something else) guy and well...it seems a lot of the Italian traditions are lost. *sigh*

Speaking of Jewish weddings, they are my favorites! I kept (joking obviously) asking if we could convert because I really wanted a Jewish wedding. They were the ones where everyone looked as if they had the most fun (including the bride and groom). Oh man, I catered an extremely traditional one once and an older man came in with a walker. He was slow, because you know, he had a walker. He seemed very feeble. I''m not sure why I took note of him when he arrived. But my god, when it came to the point where the couple were hoisted up on the chairs and everyone was dancing (what is that part called btw?), this elderly guy was getting down. I mean, no more walker, dancing around like he was a teenager. I nearly went into shock! Talk about a moving event. I wanted to jump in and join the festivities.
It''s called the hora
1.gif
. I loved this part of our wedding! First DH and I went up, then my parents, then his. The pics of his dad are priceless! He had his arms up in the air the whole time like he was on a rollercoaster. Lol.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 9:45:26 AM
Author: robbie3982

Date: 11/21/2007 9:10:35 AM
Author: MoonWater
Haven, I didn''t know about the cash gifts either! I immediately talked to my FF about it. His mom is full Italian but she married a German (Irish and something else) guy and well...it seems a lot of the Italian traditions are lost. *sigh*

Speaking of Jewish weddings, they are my favorites! I kept (joking obviously) asking if we could convert because I really wanted a Jewish wedding. They were the ones where everyone looked as if they had the most fun (including the bride and groom). Oh man, I catered an extremely traditional one once and an older man came in with a walker. He was slow, because you know, he had a walker. He seemed very feeble. I''m not sure why I took note of him when he arrived. But my god, when it came to the point where the couple were hoisted up on the chairs and everyone was dancing (what is that part called btw?), this elderly guy was getting down. I mean, no more walker, dancing around like he was a teenager. I nearly went into shock! Talk about a moving event. I wanted to jump in and join the festivities.
It''s called the hora
1.gif
. I loved this part of our wedding! First DH and I went up, then my parents, then his. The pics of his dad are priceless! He had his arms up in the air the whole time like he was on a rollercoaster. Lol.
Thank you! I actually remember that now. I can only imagine his dad''s face.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I think the Italian cash gifts are only in southern Italy and Sicily.

I went to a lot of Italian weddings and never saw any $$$$ once.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sidebar...

At the traditional Chinese wedding I attended, the bride changed into a traditional chiosan (sp?) for the reception. During the reception she walked around to the each table to greet the guests... and the Chinese guests pinned their gifts of gold jewelry to her dress!
23.gif
By the end of the evening, she was wearing A LOT of gold!

I'm half Chinese, but I wasn't raised that culture at all , and apart from my father I've had almost no contact with my Chinese relatives. I must to thinking that maybe it was time to become more familiar with my Asian roots!
31.gif

... now, back to the thread at hand.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate it when the groom hits on me. LOL!
11.gif
9.gif
JUST KIDDING!

Seriously, I have to say the only thing that I''ve ever been bothered by at a wedding is not something the couple can control really...it''s the drunken bad behavior of some of the guests that has ruined the experience for me. Don''t get me wrong, I love to drink and have a great time, but I don''t use an open bar as an excuse to get completely obliterated and make a complete ass of myself.

Oh, and I do have an ex-friend who at her own after-reception-hotel-party, disappeared with her new hubby for a bit and then came back down to the main "party" suite in her dress and informed everyone that they had just consummated their marriage. Ew. Keep your personal business personal...no matter how loose the alcohol has made your tongue.
20.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I think this was mentioned above, but one thing I strongly dislike is when it is obvious that I was a B List guest.

I went to a wedding once with my FI. The bride was one of his old friends, and about 2 months prior to her wedding, he just happened to call her, and I guess she felt awkward and all of a sudden blurted out "Do you want to come to the wedding?". My FI didn''t even know it was coming up - he said "sure" (because really, how can you say no?!).

We never received an invite. We showed up to the wedding and were treated like second class citizens. At one point, the groom (who was super drunk) came up to me and said "And WHO are YOU?". In front of people. It was mortifying. I mean, I can imagine that there are lots of '' & guests'' who go to weddings - worst part is that I had met him before!

Seriously - we would have preferred not being invited.

That is my only rant. Other than that, most of the weddings have been fun! Even if it is something that I won''t do at mine (aka the macarena), I could appreciate it at others peoples weddings! And you''d be surprised - tonnes of people LOVE the macarena!! I would bet all of you a zillion dollars that if it was played at my wedding, my mother would be the first one up.

She''d then stay dancing for "Mambo Number 5". ahah.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results