shape
carat
color
clarity

What have you hated at other weddings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
So a colleague of mine (who will be invited to my wedding) just went to a wedding about 2 weeks ago, and it was the first wedding she''d been to in about 10 years, so she couldn''t wait to fill my ears with ideas that she thought were "new and exciting." It was so cute to hear her say, "Oh my gosh, can you believe they had welcome bags at the hotel rooms for out of town guests! I''ve never heard of that before!" I''ve loved hearing about what she enjoyed at the wedding...but now she''s moved on to what she didn''t like. So this got me thinking...

What have you hated at weddings you''ve attended?

My biggest complaint was that at my FI''s best friend''s wedding, they mixed me up with another girl with my name, and I got stuck at a table with people I had never met before because this other girl decided she liked my seat better than hers. The grooms mom fixed it as soon as she could, but I felt really uncomfortable for about an hour.

The only other thing I''ve disliked is at a wedding, the bridal party was about an hour and a half late (and by late I mean they didn''t get there till an hour and a half after the cocktail hour was supposed to be over) and people got really restless.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I would have to say that in my experience of the weddings I have attended that I hated when the bridal party was late! The receptions was supposed to start at 5 with dinner at 530 and the bridal party didnt get there until 615. They wasted time majorly and nearly everyone left before the dancing began. I also don''t like when the bride and groom don''t attempt to speak with all of their guests. I know it''s not possible to speak to everyone, but I was at a wedding this summer that the bride and groom only greeted the two family tables. Everyone else was left on their own. I was a bit offended.

I love love love when the bridal party comes in and gets to business. Hehe. Me luuuves to eat.
36.gif

Good topic Sabine, I bet we get lots and lots of different perspectives!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear...where to start?!

When the bridal party is completely trashed before dinner begins.
When the sermon (church weddings) has nothing to do with the bride and groom or worse, dwells on divorce.
When the bride and groom spend so much time working the room that you never see them together.
Bad food.
When the toasts begin before everyone has champagne in their glass.
When you can picture virtually any other bride and groom at the wedding because it's so cookie cutter.
When the bride is standing in plain view before the ceremony.
When DJs are obnoxious and make lewd comments.
When DJs mess up the first dance (seen this twice now).
When DJs open their mouths.
When there are no assigned seats at the reception (this is always a disaster unless there are about 10 extra tables).
Long receiving lines with EVERYONE in them (especially when you only know the bride and/or groom).
Being asked to be the guestbook person as I'm arriving to the wedding (okay, that was just once).

Hmmm, I think that's it!

ETA: Having my name misspelled on my seating card, and one of my friends' pet peeves is being "Mrs. Joe Smith" on hers.
Wow...reading this, I'm realizing how picky I am/wedding guests are! No wonder we stress so much over planning our own wedding.

Ooooh, thought of another: When everyone is so crammed into the reception space that you can't back out your chair without ramming into the person behind you.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t think of too many elements of a wedding or reception that I''ve hated, but I''ll list a few things I''ll never do.

I don''t like cheesy DJs who come with props. I hate conga lines, organized dances, and things like that. Granted, those things were at weddings that were at least 10 years ago but still...
1.gif

I couldn''t attend someone''s wedding in NYC but I saw pictures afterwards. I''m not sure where they got married but they decided to decorate the venue with candy cane and heart shaped balloons. I thought it looked really cheesy. This may be super snobby and I apologize if it is, but elegant is not what came to mind when I saw the decor.

Music that belongs in a club, not a wedding.

Waiting too long before the reception begins. Cocktail hours are fine but if a reception takes too long to get started, I get slightly annoyed. If it''s for an unforseen circumstance though, that''s fine, I understand. One of my friend''s limo broke down on the way to the reception venue. Her cocktail hour was more like 90 minutes but once we found out why, we were fine with it. I just felt bad for my friend.

I hate it when the ceremony isn''t personalized at all. I don''t like it when JPs or priests don''t take the time to get to know the couple at all. It comes across as cold and impersonal.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Feeling like a prop rather than a guest; bad food; obnoxious music.

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
this post is exactly why we have a 10 person guest list. it''s impossible to please everyone, so we''re gonna please (almost) no one. haha.

the last wedding i attended was pretty brutal. the couple wanted to cut costs without cutting the guest list. the ceremony was outside. the indoor reception was in a small, cramped room with seating for maybe 20% of the guests. everyone else had to stand around and wait for the couple''s big intro. we were then invited to eat some appetizers. frozen chicken fingers, anyone?? there was a single bartender trying to accommodate everyone. it wasn''t so fun and we only stayed a couple of hours. so yeah, my big ''hate'' is a guest list that is too huge for the budget.

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
The last wedding I was invited to had little place cards at each table , but no "master-list" or info ahead of time so everyone had to circle the crowded room over and over again to find out where they were supposed to sit. And the groom''s sister kept circling and circling--yep-- you guessed it--there was no place card for her! It was especially bad because she is a little "different"--I won''t go into details, but she has always felt ignored (put-down) by her brother, so it was really sad to see that mistake being made.
8.gif
Also, the room was divided into two sections, so if you were in the back room you couldn''t see the bride and groom or the dance floor. And they ran out of food towards the end (and yes, that included the groom''s sister, she was last in line--no food for her, either!)

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... let''s see:

1) When the music is so loud you can''t have a conversation without yelling in someone''s ear. I REALLY hate that.

2) Inedible food. It doesn''t have to be fancy, but it should be tasty.

3) Once a friend of mine hired a summer house for her wedding and invited 20 guests to stay over night. She actually expected me to share a BED with a complete stranger (another woman, but still). I went home early instead of staying over night. Please, people. This is so not on.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hrmmm uncontrolled children

Went to a beach wedding for my BF''s cousin and it was windy so it was hard to hear the ceremony but to make it worse this little snot spent the whole time as his cousin was taking her vows going, "Mummy I want some chips, Mummy give me chips"
29.gif
Now instead of the mother removing her child quietly she ignored him and he continued to yell. That day me and BF agreed no children at our wedding.

I also agree bad food is bad it does not have to be gourmet but should taste nice :). Most weddings I have been to have been okay granted I have not been to all that many.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of hate hearing wedding guests complain about weddings now, because now I understand the drama and $$ and planning that goes into a wedding and that EVERYTHING can''t go right. For the most part I try to be a gracious guest and not commit any faux-pas.

However, the last wedding I went to had so many bridesmaids and groomsmen that they could have had a full football team. The aisle walk was long and boring, and it was like there was no end to the 12 or 13 dreary, bored girls walking up the aisle. And that was after all twelve groomsmen went up the aisle too!

I dunno. I hope I don''t insult anyone else reading this because I don''t mean to, it''s just MHO, but there is a such thing as too many in the wedding party. You don''t need every single girlfriend from grammar school, high school, college, next door and in the family to stand up there with you on your wedding day. They can admire you just as well in their own seats, and in their own dresses.

Other than that I really feel to each is own. I''ll never complain if there isn''t an open bar or if the wedding planners didn''t let everyone know where to go and when. A bride can''t control everything and not everyone is rich.

But I DO have to say, one thing I have learned in the last few weddings is that simple is best, because guests really don''t notice or care about 80% of the fine details. They don''t care if you covered the chairs or that your centerpieces are five feet tall.

Okay I''m off my soapbox now...
28.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Mostly with weddings, there are things that get me thinking, "Well, that's cool for them, but there's no way I ever would have had that because it just isn't my thing." Electric Cha-Cha/Chicken dance songs for example. Some people love it and have fun with it. I'll dance along to them at other people's weddings to avoid being a drag... but there's no way I'd have had them at mine. It doesn't bother me that my friends play stuff like that...but it would bother me if I had it at mine. I'd never complain about alcohol either since some of my friends do not drink, and their weddings were still amazingly fun.

My only 2 BIG pet peeves are when:

A. The DJ tells personal stories that no one cares about.

B. When people have dinner time/dinner and dancing feel wedding's/receptions and decide that they can't afford to feed their guests. Now, I know that not everyone can afford a nice sit down menu, but it's nice to at least have finger foods/appetizers/whatever that are substantial enough to fill up the guests (I've been to heavy hors douerves (Ahh I still can't spell that) receptions that were delicious. And I know it's only one night out of your life, but no one likes to be hungry AND expected to dance hungry. I don't understand why people don't just have a nice morning or afternoon wedding that end before people want to eat. Many of my friends couldn't afford the whole evening reception thing, and their solutions were morning or afternoon weddings with punch and finger foods. I had one friend who just had a coffee and desert church reception. Those were ALL lovely weddings, and everyone had fun, and no one starved. And for goodness sakes, there's nothing wrong with a nice, simple church reception. I've known one couple who wanted the whole evening atmosphere, but couldn't afford the food, so they had a late night wedding and served after dinner type snacks and drinks. That's cool too.
Anyway, I suppose my pet peeve here is really sort of half way doing something that was too expensive. Find something you can afford and make it wonderful. (I guess it's kinda like big ole diamonds that are low-low quality with ugly proportions and a zillion inclusions. Sure it looks big, but...ewww. Why not go smaller and decent quality?)

C. When the videographer/photographer are literally in the couple's face during the ceremony, and it's obvious it's more about the video/photos than it is about the sanctity of the ceremony. Eww. (I've seen this once, and it was obnoxious.)

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hate is such a strong word.

My cousin''s photographer was obnoxious. His photos were fine and he didn''t get in the way, but he was kind of rude to my mom - she had a new camera which she didn''t quite know how to use and he basically laughed at her.

My friend had an 18-piece band at her wedding which I thought was way out of scale with the rest of the wedding. She and her husband and a few of their friends had been taking dancing lessons. The only songs they had requested to be played were swing dance songs, so the majority of people who didn''t know how to swing dance felt uncomfortable going up there with the few couples who did. And with an 18 piece band in a not-huge room, the sound was overwhelming for any conversation.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooof! Do you really wanna know Sabine???

1. Uncontrolled children making a nuisance of themselves
2. Bad Food
3. Loud, bad music
4. Any "organized" dances (except ethnic traditional dances) - it's embarassing, like the Hokie Pokie for adults who are drunk
5. Being seated at a table with weird people I have nothing in common with
6. People getting really drunk and publicly stupid
7. Annoying photographers who wont leave you alone
8. Sabine, do you want me to go on???
9. Receiving lines in a huge wedding. My sister did this and not only was it annoying for me to stand there shaking hands with people for 2 freakin hours repeating the same thing (Thank you for coming....), but I cant imagine was the guests thought standing in line for so long.
10. Okay then, this one peeved me no end once...during the wedding ceremony the officiant in the church asked all the married guest to rise and "renew their vows" as a "gift" from the bride and groom. I have to say, there were A LOT of very comfortable couples looking at each other like "WTF do we do?!?" It was very weird and I was thankful we weren't married as it felt very presumptuous to assume all married couples would want to do that, and in that specific church. I know it was offered as a nice thing, but it was just weird.

Can I give you some things I like, because I feel like Debbie Downer reading the above..Things I like about weddings:

1. Good, classic music. Anything from jazz to classic rock. But honestly, to me, nothing says classy, classic wedding like good Jazz Standards. To me that's what great wedding music is all about! I dont need to hear Stairway To Heaven at a wedding (though I like Zeppelin), but I love hearing tunes like "Aint Misbehaving", or "The Very Thought of You", "Cheek to Cheek", "The Way You Look Tonight", etc.

2. Yummy appetizers and a good drink selection

3. A location where guests aren't stuck in one room but can roam around the grounds and enjoy the atmosphere of the venue

4. When the bride and groom are just walking around chit chatting with folks and you can easily walk up and talk briefly without feeling like you need a number to approach them.

5. A relaxed atmosphere where the entire reception doesn't feel like it's being planned out minute by minute. So what if the cake cutting doesn't happen exactly at 9pm, nobody cares, do they?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here goes:

- Badly behaved parents who let their kids shriek throughout the ceremony and run riot at the reception

- Fancy food that tastes horrible (last wedding I was at)

- Bridal party turning up to the reception nearly 4 hours after the ceremony with no warning that the reception was not straight after the church. Hanging around for 3+ hours was not good

- Drunk guests behaving inappropriately

- cookie cutter weddings with nothing personal about them

- really horrible fizzy stuff in place of champagne for toasts - if you can''t afford the real thing, there are lots of good alternatives like prosecco or cava, but some things are just
14.gif

- photographers who think that THEY are the most important person there - shout at their assistants during the ceremony, push the priest out of the way (I kid you not) during the vows, and stand in the way so no one else can see anything!

- music so loud you can''t talk

- inappropriate speeches - like how much everything cost.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 1:08:07 PM
Author: Pandora II
Okay, here goes:

- Badly behaved parents who let their kids shriek throughout the ceremony and run riot at the reception

- Fancy food that tastes horrible (last wedding I was at)

- Bridal party turning up to the reception nearly 4 hours after the ceremony with no warning that the reception was not straight after the church. Hanging around for 3+ hours was not good

- Drunk guests behaving inappropriately

- cookie cutter weddings with nothing personal about them

- really horrible fizzy stuff in place of champagne for toasts - if you can''t afford the real thing, there are lots of good alternatives like prosecco or cava, but some things are just
14.gif

- photographers who think that THEY are the most important person there - shout at their assistants during the ceremony, push the priest out of the way (I kid you not) during the vows, and stand in the way so no one else can see anything!

- music so loud you can''t talk

- inappropriate speeches - like how much everything cost.

I have to agree. I forgot to put annoying children and inconsiderate parents on my list. I was in a wedding in June and the cousin of the grooms bratty kids (believe me, I''m not exaggerating in calling them bratty) were WAILING throughout the vows. My friends parents didn''t even get to hear her say her vows because of the brats crying. I kept giving the mother dirty looks but I think she was too dumb to realize to GET THEM OUT.

Oh, and another thing. ADULT ONLY RECEPTION and they bring their kids and sit them on their laps at a sit down dinner. Yeah, this happened at my dear friends wedding in June too. Yikes.

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Great topic!!!!

1. CASH BAR... again, just my own honest opinion, but this is just tacky! I usually never carry cash to a wedding, and it''s not like you can start a tab at the bar. I don''t like beer or wine so not an option. I just think (let me stress again, MY OPINION!) that you should never sacrifice your guests at your wedding.

2. LONG CEREMONIES okay, if I wanted to sit throuh an entire "church service" I''ll go on Sunday. While I can understand you would want to include religious traditions that are important to you on your wedding day, I don''t want to sit through an entire "experience" when I''m not of that religion, or even if I am! The day should be about YOUR marriage (and religion, if that''s your thing) but so many times I feel like I''m at church when someone just "happens" to get married during the service and not the other way around!

3. LONG BREAKS BETWEEN CEREMONY/RECEPTION.... the last wedding I went to had 7 HOURS in between!!!! This was a local wedding, thank god, but what did the people do who were from out of town???? It was so long I kind of felt we "lost the feeling" of a wedding. Just felt like a party after.

Again, these are only MY opinions...

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I really dislike having the food and dancing part of the reception in separate rooms! Last wedding I went to had the buffet all the way down the hall from the band, and I missed the first dance, announcement, etc---because I didn''t know it was going on.

Other pet peeve--when the bridal party makes VERY clear that you are a B-list guest. This same wedding as I mentioned above invited "all" the guests to a get together...and then the bridal party and A-list guests NEVER SHOWED UP, when the invitation darn well indicated that the bride and groom were hosting said B-list get together.

lxb87

Rough_Rock
1) When someone plans something that everyone knows will be a bad idea, no matter how well executed... I''m thinking singing the vows (and the groom is not a singer at all), reading Dr. Seuss rhymes, etc.

2) Outdoor 3 PM weddings in the middle of summer with no shade. Especially bad if the chairs are set up on concrete.

3) Wedding programs that are engraved in silver on ivory paper with 10-point font. No one can read that! The guests at that one finally figured out to turn the paper at an angle and cover it from the sun in order to make out what was in the program.

4) Weddings held at really inconvenient times, like the evening before a workday or a major holiday and requires travel by the majority of guests.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 2:51:20 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
I really dislike having the food and dancing part of the reception in separate rooms! Last wedding I went to had the buffet all the way down the hall from the band, and I missed the first dance, announcement, etc---because I didn''t know it was going on.

Other pet peeve--when the bridal party makes VERY clear that you are a B-list guest. This same wedding as I mentioned above invited ''all'' the guests to a get together...and then the bridal party and A-list guests NEVER SHOWED UP, when the invitation darn well indicated that the bride and groom were hosting said B-list get together.

Wow, how rude.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
1.) When the wedding party is obviously smashed.
2.) MOB who want to be the center or attention and take away from the bride and groom
3.) Bad seating arrangements/ideas: one wedding i went to had assigned seating, but no placecards and no map of the room or anything to figure you out. we walked around a crowded room for nearly 25 minutes before we found our table. another wedding we went to didn''t have assigned seating. C''mon folks. . . i know it''s a major pain in the ass to do the seating arragement, but seriously for those people who don''t know anyone else there, it is really unnerving. we end up sitting with people who we don''t know at all (and are usually obnoxious/drunk/overly talkative). and guess what? we won''t stay. this has happened twice and we''ve left early. we felt bad about it, but honestly, we were so uncomfortable. we felt like intruders, not guests. very strange.
4.) when the bride is really late. like more than 45 minutes.
5.) when the bride and groom don''t even seem too into their wedding. one that we went to, the bride and groom sat at their table the whole time, barely danced, didnt come round to say hi to anyone. i dunno. maybe they were exhausted. but still. nobody will have fun if you arent.
6.) mother-son dances to sons that are slightly uncomfortable (whitney houston- i will always love you). if you ever saw the movie, you''ll just have an image of whitney houston kissing kevin costner. not very family-friendly.
7.) bouquet tosses. i''m married. thank g-d. because i always hated the "i''m so desperate i''m going to fall over myself in my finest dress in front of a large crowd).
8.) garter tosses. i just have this thing about watching someone go up someone''s dress. we all know he''s been there before. it''s no novelty.

OK. . things i love:
1.) father-daughter dances to songs that are to something unexpected.
2.) first dances to something unexpected. or songs that are cool when the walk down the aisle together (my friend''s did bill withers-lovely day. so awesome)
3.) when the bride and groom look happy and relaxed, not overly stressed :)
4.) when the bride or groom get on the mic and say (not a speech, just a thought) thank you to everyone for coming and that they really appreciate it. but, still come around for table visits.
5.) small touches. parasols if it''s iin the sun. heat lamps if it''s freezing. i know these things are expensive, but it shows you really care about your guests.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Surfgirl mentioned receiving lines. I don''t hate them but I can''t say that I understand the reason for having them. I mean no offense to those who are planning on doing or have already had one, but I don''t get it. The bride and groom will (hopefully!) make the rounds at tables during the reception to thank guests for coming. Wouldn''t that be acceptable? Also, if the father of the bride (or the groom''s father) says a toast, I''d assume that he''d also thank people for coming. Why would other family members and the bridesmaids and/or goomsmen need to be part of a receiving line?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s YOUR wedding so you should do what you want. If someone is peeved because they don''t like who they''re sitting by, paying for drinks, far-off parking, crazy dances, etc. They should suck it up and delight in the thought that it''s the wedding of their friend''s/family''s dreams.

I think it''s horribly tacky to imply that a guest isn''t treated properly. Obviously, the bride and groom are managing to the best of their abilities. The guests should realize that most likely, this is the first event that the bride and groom are coordinating, and there will probably be something that''s not perfect.

I applaud you for the effort to plan an event that is pleasing to everyone, but ultimately, it''s YOUR day, and it should please YOU first and foremost.

Good Luck and Best Wishes.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 5:00:45 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I think it''s YOUR wedding so you should do what you want. If someone is peeved because they don''t like who they''re sitting by, paying for drinks, far-off parking, crazy dances, etc. They should suck it up and delight in the thought that it''s the wedding of their friend''s/family''s dreams.

I think it''s horribly tacky to imply that a guest isn''t treated properly. Obviously, the bride and groom are managing to the best of their abilities. The guests should realize that most likely, this is the first event that the bride and groom are coordinating, and there will probably be something that''s not perfect.

I applaud you for the effort to plan an event that is pleasing to everyone, but ultimately, it''s YOUR day, and it should please YOU first and foremost.

Ditto.

For the one guest who doesn''t like organized dances, there are ten that do.
For the one guest who think the food sucks, others will love it.
For the one guest that''s pissed that they can''t get a cocktail because only beer and wine is being offered, they need to get over it. (If you only like carrots and peas are you going to feel "neglected" when all that''s offered is potatoes and squash? I mean seriously.
20.gif
)
Ultimately, you can''t please EVERYONE. There might be one guest who is disgusted that someone played "baby got back" at their reception, and another guest who practically dozed off at the table when all they heard was jazz or classical.

So needless to say, I''ve already told myself to do what I want and to hell with everyone else!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 5:41:11 PM
Author: luckystar112

Ditto.

For the one guest that''s pissed that they can''t get a cocktail because only beer and wine is being offered, they need to get over it. (If you only like carrots and peas are you going to feel ''neglected'' when all that''s offered is potatoes and squash? I mean seriously.
20.gif
)
Ultimately, you can''t please EVERYONE. There might be one guest who is disgusted that someone played ''baby got back'' at their reception, and another guest who practically dozed off at the table when all they heard was jazz or classical.

So needless to say, I''ve already told myself to do what I want and to hell with everyone else!
9.gif
Hehe, we had it at ours! I didn''t request it, but it used to be my favorite song so I didn''t put it on the do not play list either. I''m guessing that someone else must''ve requested it because I don''t think my DJ would''ve just picked it.

I hate when people have ridiculously long slideshows. Don''t get me wrong, I love watching the slideshows, but I went to a wedding reception (the couple had gotten married almost a year ago on the other side of the country) that showed pics from the wedding and they seriously had EVERY single angle of EVERY single moment. There were thousands of pictures! It was a planned event at the reception too so there wasn''t anything else going on at the time.

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 5:41:11 PM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 11/18/2007 5:00:45 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Ditto.

For the one guest that''s pissed that they can''t get a cocktail because only beer and wine is being offered, they need to get over it. (If you only like carrots and peas are you going to feel ''neglected'' when all that''s offered is potatoes and squash? I mean seriously.
20.gif
)
Ultimately, you can''t please EVERYONE. There might be one guest who is disgusted that someone played ''baby got back'' at their reception, and another guest who practically dozed off at the table when all they heard was jazz or classical.

9.gif
Good points on all for sure. And you''re right...you can''t please everyone.
Although, by the way, it potatoes and squash are being served and I don''t like them....I won''t feel neglected but I sure will be offended if I''m expected to pay for them as a guest!
37.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I was at a wedding where the DJ began singing karaoke (sp) and then played 3 Rick James songs in a row. Not a fan of that.

Then I was recently at a BEAUTIFUL wedding where they had an elaborate 12 piece band - and NO ONE was dancing - the band was playing only older songs that were semi jazzy but mostly boring and it didn''t suit anyone at the weddings'' taste and there were over 200 people there, so a wide variety of ages. The bride and her sister and the groom were the only ones consistantly on teh floor and they were literally DRAGGING people up to dance. I think bands are wonderful, but I really do think that they have to play a wider arrangement of popular older and modern songs. For example, my fiance''s company party was at a fine arts museum (super cool!) with small tables and hor d''oeuvres and this PHENOMENAL (sp) band!!! They did everything from old swing and jazz to Britney Spears "toxic" (bad example, but so amazing and wonderfully energetic!) Tons of people were dancing!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
If it is a serve yourself...I don''t care for the guests who pile their plate as if they were at the trough at a local buffet. It is a 6 inch plate...not a contest to see how much you can pile on it!

Yes, you dressed up, rearranged your schedule to attend, and may have brought a gift...but don''t treat this spread as payment in full! Arghhh!

Personal opinion...I don''t care for the money $$$$ dance. Makes me think this wasn''t the first time
31.gif

DKS

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I very much dislike it when the bridal party sits at a separate table from their signicant others. Imagine my poor fiance sitting at a table with the groom''s college buddies and their girlfriends (who are all at least ten years younger than my FI) and the photographer! I completely understand that you can''t please everyone, but why do some couples feel the need to separate the bridal party from their dates like this? I just don''t understand it.

I also dislike the sweetheart table/ I know many people do this, but as the honored guests at your own wedding, I find it very strange to see a couple seated all along like that.

And of course, I dislike DJs in general. Most of the weddings I''ve attended have had bands, but the few with DJs have been quite cheesy.

I''d like to add the disclaimer that as much as these things may momentarily irk me at a wedding, generally the overwhelming joy and excitement that I feel for the couple is enough to make these little irritations seem extremely insignificant.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 8:24:20 PM
Author: door knob solitaire

Personal opinion...I don''t care for the money $$$$ dance. Makes me think this wasn''t the first time
31.gif

DKS

Oh, very much agreed on the dollar dance, DKS. I know that this is a tradition for Filipino couples, but if you''re not Filipino and this isn''t a cultural tradition, I think it is just plain tacky. As is asking your guests to pay for anything at any social event which you are hosting, such as drinks or a coat check.

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 8:24:20 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
If it is a serve yourself...I don''t care for the guests who pile their plate as if they were at the trough at a local buffet. It is a 6 inch plate...not a contest to see how much you can pile on it!

Yes, you dressed up, rearranged your schedule to attend, and may have brought a gift...but don''t treat this spread as payment in full! Arghhh!

31.gif

DKS

Good Call!!!! I don''t care for the money dance either.... kind of... I don''t know.... greedy??? Like give them more???? I like the idea of people dancing w/ both the bride and groom but it shouldn''t come with a price!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results