shape
carat
color
clarity

What gives you the hump? No caring or sharing allowed in here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
People with "ideological blockages," as seen in ATW.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:35:04 AM
Author: heraanderson
When people come to work sick.
When people are always sick on Fridays and Mondays and aren''t too sick to "work from home" but are too sick to come in.... always on a Friday and Monday...

Anyone else see a pattern here?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 7:59:01 PM
Author: fatafelice

3. Parents who take the word of their adolescent child over that of an adult. I am a teacher and this happens with alarming frequency. I have never had a parent flat out call me a liar, but I cannot count the times I have heard, ''Well, Jack/Jill said...(insert statement that contradicts what I have just told them).'' Really?! Do these parents think I have nothing better to do with my day than make up stories about their children?! Trust me, if I say your kid was talking in class, didn''t turn in an assignment, or was rude to me, you can bank on it being true. It is truly not to my advantage to make that crap up and call you about it. I am a professional, for heaven''s sake!
Fatafelice - The parents and child thing is so annoying. One kid in my son''s class said the "F word," and was sent to the office and the there was a huge ta-do because the parents refused to believe that their child even knew what the "F word" is. Of course the kid denied saying it.
20.gif
I''m not a teacher, but the whole issue bothered me because it implies that their household is better than others because they never say bad words!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:55:20 PM
Author: asscherisme

Clickey moms at my children's school. I hate hate that. Moms are so clicky. They act like they are in High School or Jr. High.

Mean kids being raiised by mean parents. I am raising my kids to be polite and nice and it drives me insane when there are so many rude and mean kids and they are learning that from their parents.
Life IS like high school. In fact, people never seem to evolve beyond that type of mentality. In the neighborhoods, schools, workplace, etc., life is ALWAYS like that.

Speaking of rude, this beyond irks me. . .I went to the park the other day and met up with two moms and their kids and my son was playing with one of those kids. My son runs up to me and says that that kid called him "a dork." Well, the mom of that child turns directly to my son and says, "that's because you're annoying him." She actually SAID that to my son. Then she walks over to her son and talks to him for a second, then walks back and turns to the other mom and says, "like, as if he knows that word." Um, this lady CAME to the park with us and lives just down the road and she's picking on my son and being a b*tch to me?! Luckily her and I aren't friends. . .the third woman was our mutal friend.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread is awesome! Most of my "gruntles" come from driving.

I HATE when I''m behind someone in the left lane on the Tollway/freeway/expressway and they''re doing 1-5 miles UNDER the speed limit, driving right next to someone else doing 1-5 miles under the speed limit, braking at innappropriately random times. And by the time I get around them, I see that they''re BOTH on their cell phones! Hang it up or get in the right lane, people!

It drives me insane when people don''t know their homonyms. Brakes and breaks, they''re, there, and their, etc. Especially in work emails!

The people who need to swing WIDE to get their car into a parking spot, to the point that it looks like they''re going to turn left, when they''re actually parking right. I''ve driven SUVs before - I know it''s not necessary to swing so far out to the opposite side to park.

We have an access gate to get into our work parking garage, and it''s accessed by a little card, or programmed into your tolltag. You only need hold up the card, from inside your own car, with the window up, as long as you''re within 3-4 feet of the reader. People INSIST on rolling down their windows, opening their doors, unbuckling their seatbelt, holding the card next to the scanner for a full 5 seconds, putting the card away, putting the car in D, rilling up the window, and THEN finally pulling away. By then the gate has already closed and I''m behind them, while the back up, pull up to the gate again, and then wait for it to open another 10 seconds, before they give up and park in the open lot! ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 11:42:35 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

It drives me insane when people don''t know their homonyms. Brakes and breaks, they''re, there, and their, etc. Especially in work emails!
Ah, homonyms. . .I feel SOOO incredibly bad for my kids because of how many of those there are. . .Both kids are seeming to get the hang of them (they know to, too, and two), however, as I''m helping them along, it''s becoming apparent that about 10% of the English language is comprised of various examples of them.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:28:43 PM
Author: princesss
Thank goodness this is here, lol. I just saw two things on the drive home that really bugged me.

I hate it when the road is WIDE OPEN and some jerk comes speeding up behind you (you, who are going 5 mph over the speed limit and feeling very daring), tailgates you for a few seconds, then changes lanes to pass you. The lane was open. You could have passed without riding my tail, jackbutt. But you just wanted to be a jerk. Oh, and thanks for doing it IN A FREAKING COP CAR. Come racing up behind me, make me think I''m going to get a speeding ticket, then get back to going 15 mph over the speed limit (yeah, so he was doing 80). Awesome. I would have thought you were doing something important if you passed me going like that. But you had to tailgate me to make sure I knew you were annoyed at me for going to slowly. Thanks.

I also hate it when people (not cops, normal Joe Shmoes) use the shoulder as their own personal passing lane because they don''t want to wait. Yeah, your time is WAY more valuable than mine, that''s why I''m waiting in line with everybody else and you''re taking cutsies at 45 mph. I hope you get a ticket, jerkwad.
If you were in the left lane, and someone faster than you comes up behind you, etiquette says you should move right. If you were in the right lane, then yeah, he was a jerk.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 11:46:30 AM

Date: 2/25/2009 6:28:43 PM
Author: princesss
Thank goodness this is here, lol. I just saw two things on the drive home that really bugged me.

I hate it when the road is WIDE OPEN and some jerk comes speeding up behind you (you, who are going 5 mph over the speed limit and feeling very daring), tailgates you for a few seconds, then changes lanes to pass you. The lane was open. You could have passed without riding my tail, jackbutt. But you just wanted to be a jerk. Oh, and thanks for doing it IN A FREAKING COP CAR. Come racing up behind me, make me think I''m going to get a speeding ticket, then get back to going 15 mph over the speed limit (yeah, so he was doing 80). Awesome. I would have thought you were doing something important if you passed me going like that. But you had to tailgate me to make sure I knew you were annoyed at me for going to slowly. Thanks.

I also hate it when people (not cops, normal Joe Shmoes) use the shoulder as their own personal passing lane because they don''t want to wait. Yeah, your time is WAY more valuable than mine, that''s why I''m waiting in line with everybody else and you''re taking cutsies at 45 mph. I hope you get a ticket, jerkwad.
If you were in the left lane, and someone faster than you comes up behind you, etiquette says you should move right. If you were in the right lane, then yeah, he was a jerk.
I was in the right lane. Right lane for slow pokes, left lane for speed demons. I don''t know the roads over here well enough to stay in the left lane for too long.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 11:42:35 AM

The people who need to swing WIDE to get their car into a parking spot, to the point that it looks like they''re going to turn left, when they''re actually parking right. I''ve driven SUVs before - I know it''s not necessary to swing so far out to the opposite side to park.
I''m one of those people! HAHA! My Dh''s car is like a boat... and I am a crummy parker... if only there was valet at the grocery store.
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:17:09 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/26/2009 8:11:35 AM
Author: HollyS

Date: 2/26/2009 12:50:16 AM
Author: Namaste
Pete Wentz''s hair
Pete Wentz''s wife.
Heres one for you Miss Holly...

Marc Anthony.
yikes2.gif

You mean Skeletor?
9.gif

Yeah, he bugs me. And she''s beginning to.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 9:30:52 AM
Author: BizouMom
People with ''ideological blockages,'' as seen in ATW.
Um, so everyone? Everyone bothers you?

Slamming posts bother me.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:14:54 PM

LOL!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 11:32:57 AM
Author: MC
Life IS like high school. In fact, people never seem to evolve beyond that type of mentality. In the neighborhoods, schools, workplace, etc., life is ALWAYS like that.
No kidding.

Peeve:
People who take their own sweet time to get out of a subway car.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:31:06 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
haha Kelli!! You are just like me. I have yelled at family members at the dinner table, I just can''t handle it. When I run my own household we will play music during dinner so I don''t have to hear it!!
Right on! And I will be teaching my kids to chew with their mouths CLOSED!

My sister seems to think it''s cute when her kids eat loudly. And her husband is even worse then the kids! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:07:37 AM
Author: Harriet
Steel,
This probably goes against your thread''s raison d''etre, but you are one funny woman!
I never liked raisins.

Thanks Harriet
36.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:57:25 PM
We just need to make this a permanent thread . . . ''cause we''re gonna keep adding peeves every day . . .

Why does it seem that your bank only has two tellers? One for the drive thru, one for the inside. Tons of employees standing around, long lines of customers, but only two tellers.
33.gif
Haha. Sorry to laugh Holly.
You know why there are such long queues and only two tellers at the bank during lunch? The clever tellers are on lunch! Customer focus my ar$e!
Did you know that most robberies are committed by customers of the bank - just trying to get their money out.

Why do the same people, with the same laptops, show up every day at your local Starbucks and take up valuable and hard to come by seats while nursing one drink for four hours? Do they have jobs? Can''t they work from home? Are they working, or surfing? Are they lonely? Wouldn''t this routine bore the heck out of you?
20.gif
I wonder was this made popular by Sex & the City?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 2:42:21 PM
Author: Steel

We just need to make this a permanent thread . . . ''cause we''re gonna keep adding peeves every day . . .

Why does it seem that your bank only has two tellers? One for the drive thru, one for the inside. Tons of employees standing around, long lines of customers, but only two tellers.
33.gif
Haha. Sorry to laugh Holly.
You know why there are such long queues and only two tellers at the bank during lunch? The clever tellers are on lunch! Customer focus my ar$e!
Did you know that most robberies are committed by customers of the bank - just trying to get their money out.

Why do the same people, with the same laptops, show up every day at your local Starbucks and take up valuable and hard to come by seats while nursing one drink for four hours? Do they have jobs? Can''t they work from home? Are they working, or surfing? Are they lonely? Wouldn''t this routine bore the heck out of you?
20.gif
I wonder was this made popular by Sex & the City?
Is their money from all of our accounts? "Give me MY money!"
9.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:06:33 AM
Author: 2Artists
Good topic I am super grumpy right now so perfect thread for me.

Mean people.

Rude people.

I agree about what was said here about people who ding up your car and leave it with no note. Yeah shhhhhhh no one will notice

People who expect the world of you and never so much as say thank you.

People who leave public restrooms really nasty-like ladies who hover and leave pee all over the seat. Gross.

When people don''t wash their hands when they should.

People who do really over the top X-rated PDA in places where it is not appropriate. Cute sweet PDA is perfectly fine I am talking about REALLY extreme stuff from adults old enough to know better. Plus the people who do that are usually as a rule the last people on the planet anyone would want to see do that.

Socks that slip down and get stuck under my foot in my shoe.

People that push and are a general hazard to everyone around them at concerts.

I had to do some public speaking recently and there was a person taking in the back having a full on conversation and it was super rude. Makes a person want to get on the microphone and say ''hey you like talking so much why don''t you come up here and switch places with me''.

When my husband got laid off and people kept saying how lucky he was to have time off while they were stuck having to go to work. Yeah whoooopeeeee
36.gif
20.gif

Yeah I am on one today.

Mrs.2Artists
You are SO right! I cannot understand why it is so difficult to pee (or worse) though the seat; it is a big enough hole!

And people...WASH you hands. Wash them!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:14:54 PM

No. Not everyone, just the ones with the aforementioned.
face1.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 2:27:27 AM
Author: swedish bean

Date: 2/26/2009 1:06:06 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
Finding cat hair on EVERYTHING.
*sad nod*

Changing into a new shirt because the last one had cat hair all over it.
Leaving the house, and THEN realizing that this shirt has lil kitty hairs on it too! GREAT!
And then...you think you will be clever and throw it in the wash. But then you have a clean shirt...with a clean cat hair on it!
20.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 2:45:47 PM

Mean people.

Rude people.

I agree about what was said here about people who ding up your car and leave it with no note. Yeah shhhhhhh no one will notice

People who leave public restrooms really nasty-like ladies who hover and leave pee all over the seat. Gross.

People who do really over the top X-rated PDA in places where it is not appropriate. Cute sweet PDA is perfectly fine I am talking about REALLY extreme stuff from adults old enough to know better. Plus the people who do that are usually as a rule the last people on the planet anyone would want to see do that.

I had to do some public speaking recently and there was a person taking in the back having a full on conversation and it was super rude. Makes a person want to get on the microphone and say ''hey you like talking so much why don''t you come up here and switch places with me''.

When my husband got laid off and people kept saying how lucky he was to have time off while they were stuck having to go to work. Yeah whoooopeeeee
36.gif
20.gif

Yeah I am on one today.

Mrs.2Artists
You are SO right! I cannot understand why it is so difficult to pee (or worse) though the seat; it is a big enough hole!

Hahahaha! I''m always singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to myself when I hear women *wash* their hands in the restroom. I never get past the second "Twinkle". YUK!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:18:16 AM
Oh and heres one I hate. Drivers who challenge me because I drive a fast car.
20.gif
Just because it is fast does not mean that I need to drive it like a lunatic.
So...wanna race?

31.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:41:35 AM
Author: tlh

Date: 2/25/2009 8:55:20 PM
Author: asscherisme
When people get an email but never respond. And then if you ask them, did you get the email, they say ''yeah''. Uh, if you took the time to read it, take 3 seconds to acknowledge it if it requires a response.

People who assume that because I don''t go to church I''m immoral. I''ve heard that one too Since when does going to church make someone moral? I don''t think morality and religion are the same thing.

When UPS packages arrrived smooshed.
In numerical order of paragraphs, I AGREE WITH ALL THREE!!!
1) WHEN IT IS A FRIEND!!!!! OMG have you ever spent like an hour writing a friend an email, and you don''t get a response from them? I HATE THAT! Especially when the email was about them! WTF? Or, when you sent them an email, and they respond a week later, about something else, asking you to do something for them, and you are like did you get my email? then they are like... oh yeah I got the email. And you are my friend???? a$$ hat!

2)OMG, yes. You know what is the irony, I told my parents church is for hypocrites, this was when I was much younger. My mom wanted to know why... the preacher''s children were dealing drugs!!! having sex, and behaving horribly! I was like, this is ridiculous... and you think the church is a SAFE PLACE? to protect me from EVIL? ha! then she retorted that they must need church the most... omg. Whatever. At least my mom feels all warm and fuzzy when she goes and that makes me happy.

3) THIS DRIVES ME NUTS... esp when the package is marked HANDLE WITH CARE.... grrrr
29.gif
OMG! My wedding dress was UPS''ed and I came home to find it in plastic wrapper, just one layer...and it was ripped...and then just left on my doorstep! And it was ''signature required''. I almost had heart failure.
23.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:08:37 PM

Date: 2/26/2009 2:45:47 PM

Mean people.

Rude people.

36.gif
20.gif

Yeah I am on one today.

Mrs.2Artists

Hahahaha! I''m always singing ''Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star'' to myself when I hear women *wash* their hands in the restroom. I never get past the second ''Twinkle''. YUK!
I do that, I sing my ABC''s... they are done by E and F... I mean, soap water, rinse, and wipe... WTF!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:20:44 PM

OMG! My wedding dress was UPS''ed and I came home to find it in plastic wrapper, just one layer...and it was ripped...and then just left on my doorstep! And it was ''signature required''. I almost had heart failure.
23.gif
I''d find the delivery person and leave them a flaming bag of poo, right on their doorstep!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:26:17 PM

23.gif
I''d find the delivery person and leave them a flaming bag of poo, right on their doorstep!
I love it tlh! But should I get them to sign for it?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:36:01 PM

Date: 2/26/2009 3:26:17 PM

23.gif
I love it tlh! But should I get them to sign for it?
OMG wouldn''t THAT be awesome! but after they sign, does the delivery guy, then put it on the ground and light it on fire?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 1:12:12 PM

Date: 2/26/2009 8:17:09 AM

Date: 2/26/2009 8:11:35 AM

Date: 2/26/2009 12:50:16 AM
Author: Namaste
Pete Wentz''s hair
Pete Wentz''s wife.
Heres one for you Miss Holly...

Marc Anthony.
yikes2.gif

You mean Skeletor?
9.gif

Yeah, he bugs me. And she''s beginning to.
Yiss!
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 3:16:47 PM

Date: 2/26/2009 8:18:16 AM
Oh and heres one I hate. Drivers who challenge me because I drive a fast car.
20.gif
Just because it is fast does not mean that I need to drive it like a lunatic.
So...wanna race?

31.gif
You''re on!! vroom vroom!!!
12.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ll jump in
I can''t stand lazy people, especially those who expect others to do their work for them
I cannot STAND self induced stupidity, being stupid just because you don''t feel like learning, or being stupid because you are lazy
I feel the same about self induced obesity. If you have no disease then stop whining and complaining and get off your a** and do something already
I hate people who talk down to me, like I am inferior than them, or not as smart as they are. I''m an educated human being thanks.
I hate people who don''t use proper grammar and spelling. I cannot STAND slang typing.... I hate it.
I hate people who walk into a bookstore on their cell phone talking really loud.
I hate people who tell me what my financial status is (yes a woman did this once)
I hate people who are on the phone while they are being rung up... how rude.
I hate people who lack in manners. Do not burp in front of me, do not cough on me, and do not barge through without excusing yourself.
I hate slow drivers
I HATE when a sales person gives me attitude, or a waiter/waitress, and talks back. The customer is ALWAYS Right, even if they aren''t.
I hate dysfunctional computers
I cannot stand whiners
dumb people
People who think they know everything, when they DON''T

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results