shape
carat
color
clarity

what E-ring would go best with this band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

We''re still working out the actual ering setting, but I''ve had my eyes on this wedding band for years. It''s the dvatche scattered diamond band that I think they have going with their ''suprise'' setting.

What type of ering setting would go best with this?

- tiffany 6prong plat from superbcert (like derek''s)
- dvatche xprong

I''m completely open to ideas and thoughts. The center stone on the ering will be 1.675

Thanks!!!

gardengirl

ps- hmmm... maybe I should have done this as a poll.

scatterband.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the regular 6 prong plat with a patterned wedding ring. Plus, does the Xprong sit too low for this type of wedding ring to sit flush against it?

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gardengirl,

Have you considered a semi-bezel? I've seen the two together and they look gorgeous.

etoile_shopping.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi there gardengirl,

I like the look of this band. I have a ring similar to this in 14K white gold. I had mine custom made since my ring size is small at 3.75 for my tiny fingers. My ring has 5 diamonds, .05c/each in a straight row instead of yours, which are scattered on the sides.

Ok, to answer your question. If I were you, I would definitely go for the Tiffany 6 prong. I like the simple look of the ring, and since you have a nice diamond, why not let it stand out in that thin band.
3.gif

I am in the process of looking for a 1.5c and I am having a hard time looking for the stone, but in terms of the setting, I already have my heart set on the Tiffany 6 prong. I can’t wait till I find my stone. I love the simplicity of the 6 prong, and that it doesn’t look bulky at all on my tiny fingers.

I think the dvatche xprong will go well with this band too but if you have tiny fingers like me, you better stay with the 6 prong setting.

Good luck and please let us know what the outcome is and yes, post pics when you get the ring.

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
Kudos to Barry at SuperbCert!

I called them asking the same question I posted here, but instead of the hypothesizing all day, they're going to send the 6prong and the band for me to try on and decide on.

Mara- They (Barry and Judah at SC) said that they've sold it to go with the Xprong and that it was nice with it... I'm not convinced, tho I do like the Xprong (would it be too busy?)

fuffi- Yes, I do love that bezel set too- I believe that's what Tiffany sells the scattered band with. I'm not sure if the combo would be too wide on my finger. Things get complicated when there's no Tiffany store or DVatche retailer within a 2 hour drive from me.

Jewels- I think you might be right. I'll *definitely* post pics when the rings arrive. (love for eye candy!) My ring size is 4.25 and I have very small hands in general. Even going with a 1.5+ stone is going to look like some serious sparkly.
naughty.gif

I'll post more when the package arrives.

Happy almost Turkey Day everyone!

gardengirl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results