shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your wardrobe say about you?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My outfits say : too lazy to coordinate more than 3 elements...

I have to make a lot of decisions every day, so as much as I love fashion & clothes, putting together an outfit really stresses me out in the morning.
My solution are dresses. I wear merino or cashmere or boiled wool dresses with thick tights and boots every day in winter. If running errands: UGG only... so ugly, yet comfortable...
In summer:cotton or silk dresses, ballet flats every day.
Prefer clean and modern lines, but like feminine details.
Mostly solid colours.
I mostly add a huge (140 x 140 cm) scarf... cashmere /silk in winter and silk in summer most days . This really pulls those no-brainer outfits together. Add a nice coat and I'm good to go in under 5 mins (post-shower, makeup included)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF don’t worry. I have lots of conservative/Republican attire. Tweed. Camel skirts. Wool trousers. Pearls. Waders. Overalls. Hahahahaha.

ETA just saw Kenny’s post. I’m wearing camouflage leggings today!!! Uh oh. I better not visit any of my Dem friends.
I only have one piece of camo and bought them because they were cheap and comfortable lounge wear. :lol: I have none of the bolded except gorgeous pearls.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, I just like to stereotype back at DF! Hahaha!
Oh I know. ;)2

Do people with particular political views really have a wardrobe style though? Who decided that? I hear all the time that hippies are liberal and they dress like sloppy bums and smell like patchouli. Do they really?

I am not calling you a hippie Monnie. LOL. The general "you."

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am retired, so my clothes say I don't give a hoot what you think about my clothes.

:D

This made me laugh out loud.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very stylish, monarch!

And that IG girl looks great.

Me? I *wish* it reflected how much I *like* looking pulled together. But most days, I'm too lazy. When I do try though, I'd like to think I look stylish. Simple, but stylish.

Most days though I do wear leggings and athletic shirts but I at least try to have them look good. So I still try to look stylish even when wearing athletic clothing. I don't shop often enough to have a lot of new stuff and the latest stuff, which I think is also one of the keys to looking pulled together - when clothes look very new/are in great shape.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own 11 pairs of Levi's. I wear them everyday, paired with either a t-shit, a nice blouse or a tweed blazer. I have a lot of blazers too!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is how conservative ladies dress and smile when they cook for their husbands.

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 11.17.22 AM.png

Conservative ladies wear pearls, heals, and smile when they vacuum the lawn.

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 11.15.53 AM.png

Not anymore @kenny ! :naughty:

This conservative lady believes that real men cook and clean!
They also bake, although they do it differently than women.

9108685.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dress very casual. Lots of loose tees, slouchy tops, sweaters and my new favorite- American Eagle jeggings. I bought the high waist ones and I love them bc I don’t have a muffin top with them. I’m trying to lose weight though so I’m not sure what size looks best for me.
It’s winter now so I have been wearing knee high boots, but I also wear Uggs and sneakers. My favorites are Brooks and Hokas.
I only wear dresses for weddings. I’m always cold so I just don’t like the feeling of bare legs and the air drift, although I do wear shorts all the time in the summer.
When I worked at the bank I used to wear skirts and blouses, blazers, kitten heels but I’m just not into that anymore.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL D.Fire!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear dresses for weddings. I’m always cold so I just don’t like the feeling of bare legs and the air drift, although I do wear shorts all the time in the summer.
When I worked at the bank I used to wear skirts and blouses, blazers, kitten heels but I’m just not into that anymore.

Same! I'm just not a dress person. I'd much rather wear a pant-suit, or trousers and a nice blouse.

When I worked in a corporate environment back in the '90s, it was pantyhose, skirt suits (a la Amanda in Melrose Place), and pumps every day. I always loathed the whole get-up. :roll2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 Express has great high waisted leggings, too. I’m also tempted to try Old Navy’s hw yoga leggings. I’ve heard good things about those.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm super girly! Lots of flowery or printed dresses, even in winter! Don't wear pants! Find em too constricting!

Q

Queenie60

I love nice clothing. My favorite is Eileen Fisher, very elegant, conservative and fit for a women my age. I also like sweaters, slacks, nice boots - mostly a nice polished look.

Reactions: caf

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That I am super sporty/ athletic most of the time and that I'm super glam when I go out for dinner, events etc.:clap::dance:

I work from home, so usually am in t-shirt & shorts & flip-flops; or alternatively workout gear, meaning leggings or workout shorts and workout tops, coupled with trainers. Running around doing errands usu. means more or less the same.

When I go out, I get all dolled up, ie. makeup, sometimes hair, sexy/elegant evening or cocktail dresses. I like Valentino or Armani dresses and the like (bought in the sale, they're too darn expensive otherwise). Lately, I've been loving lace tops and lace dresses too.

Always have bling on, minimal is studs or VCA onyx Alhambra earrings; sometimes with a ring, sometimes not, sometimes with one of my designer bracelets. When I go out "properly", then I'll put on either Holly or the VCA Lotus ring, diamond studs or VCA earrings and one or more bracelets, and sometimes a necklace. Heels are usually 4 inches (I'm short, haha), most likely platform (better support).

When I was at my corporate job, it was always a dark suit, white or light-coloured shirt & conservative 3-inch or 2.5 inch heels, or a nice work dress. Bling was smaller studs and smaller ering and a watch.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a big fan of boho. Otherwise, either unfussy blazers and buttondowns with a fun element like Chucks or a Yankees hat, or if I have to dress up for a client meeting, a J. Crew sheath dress and nude pumps. Running around town is leggings and a chambray shirt over a tee shirt, Minnetonka fringe boots, etc. You know, basic Midwestern mom garb. When I go out I like to have fun with outfits--in the past year I've worn a crop top AND a flower crown. Maybe I'm too old for that stuff, (I'm 40,) but I don't care! IMG_0215.JPG equestrian.JPG IMG-4389.JPG
@monarch64 you are fa-bu-lous!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wardrobe lolololol... Geez... I think I'd categorize it as follows:
1. The I used to work in an office that required professional attire to business casual range.
2. The I shop every Nordstrom sale and buy fashionable yet timeless effortless pieces that stay in paper shopping bags or folded away unworn bc I don't go anywhere worth upgrading my attire from lounge wear
3. Lounge wear or workout wear - this is mainly what I've been wearing for the past 4 years since I started working from home.

Don't get me started on handbags and shoes. Since I don't go anywhere worth matching my bag to my outfit - think normal errands... I grab a bag and end up using it for a few years straight lolol. 2 years ago I went shopping in my closet and found a navy blue leather crossbody bag I bought from BR in 2009 - new in bag. This is why I gave two LVs to my mother and kept the one she deemed too youthful - the 25 duffel in damiet NIB which I find a bit youthful for me Nowadays. I'm proud of my high end collection that's sadly never used lololol - I love my Nancy Gonzalez, my Chanel happy stitch flap bag and my vintage Gucci tote. Unfortunately if I'm still working through my 2009 purse purchases I might not get to these luxuries till 3009 bahahahhahaha

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That I’m a woman of a certain age, who hopefully doesn’t look too bad!

Everyday wear is jeans and a long sleeved T for dog walking. Going out is always a nice, flattering, well fitted dress (I have lots of dresses :shock:). Summer I prefer to wear linen dresses rather than separates.

Then there are the cruise clothes, really nice silk dresses.

I always wear make up - I’m not allowed out in public without it :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BBF6E3EB-17C6-491D-BB2E-79523EDBF83B.jpeg

:lol:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think my wardrobe says this...

"Bloke who is wanting to stay 16 forever"

I think I will be wearing heavy metal band black t shirts and camouflage/cargo shorts until the day I die...

goodliferunner

Rough_Rock
D7668083-F87E-486B-8D5C-88AF1703AF4D.jpeg 113BDA5D-1E95-49DD-BC83-1A73EAC301FD.jpeg D6197DA0-7EB4-4531-BBE9-0759ED6BFEED.jpeg 3887541C-D1F7-4346-B915-B5230894E68C.jpeg
@KristyDarling I know what you mean. Boyfriend jeans are da bomb!! I will post some pics of a girl I adore and follow on IG. I know for a fact that she is the same age as me. Isn’t she totally fabulous?! I think so anyway. I want to BE her. Sorry pics are above.

I love everything about this lady's style! Do you mind sharing her IG?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2 winter outfits. Skinny jeans, cowboy boots, oversized sweaters. Boyfriend jeans, turtleneck, blazer, booties. I must have 30 different sweaters and turtlenecks, lol. Summer outfits are pretty much jeans, tee or blouse, and sandals. But I always dress the outfits up with jewelry, scarves, cute bags, and belts.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I wear sweatpants from Uniqlo, every single day, along with Uggs or sneakers. However, I do wear Tom Ford all over my face.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about this lady's style! Do you mind sharing her IG?
http://instagram.com/msneakerpimp

I posted just her casual outfits. You should see her in her Chanel and Designer pieces. She wears haute couture like no one I’ve ever seen. She’s fiercely independent and rocks her looks not giving a f*** what anyone thinks.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... I think my wardrobe is fairly conservative and classic - probably waaaaaaaaaaaay to old & boring for my age (early 30's!) :confused2: My sisters often tease me about it but we all dress quite similarly.

For work I wear tailored pants/pencil skirts & blouse/blazer with heels or simple shift dresses. Always makeup & jewellery - I often pick that first then dress around it. :whistle: Claire Underwood would be my work style icon.

Outside work - It depends on season/location. Winter - jeans/boots/wool jumper/coat & scarf. Summer - cotton sundresses & sandals. I much prefer winter and enjoy snuggly layers of clothes. :dance: Absolutely loath being hot & sweaty...

I like jewel colours and navy a lot as it suits my pale skin. I love vintage fashion a lot too (40's-60's era) but I don't actually have many clothes that reflect that unfortunately. I try to always focus on QUALITY of the item/material and try to buy multi-functions. Really hating this recent fashion phase of 90's clothing on shops at the moment... :sick: Ugh I already lived through this horror once before!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Fun read! I LOVE clothes and I love to shop. Generally I'll be wearing some type of black pants or leggings. I started counting how many black pants I had in my closet and stopped at 25-but I have many more-lol. I'm somewhat boho-favoring fun, oversized sweaters or tops. Comfort is key and I prefer natural fibers. I generally look put together (heck- I owned a high end women's boutique for 15 years), favored accessories are Chanel sneakers, and an LV purse. Although I succumbed to the new Spring Prada Bunny bags!!!!!! Too cute to pass up. Rarely wear dresses except in summer.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I know. ;)2

Do people with particular political views really have a wardrobe style though? Who decided that? I hear all the time that hippies are liberal and they dress like sloppy bums and smell like patchouli. Do they really?

I am not calling you a hippie Monnie. LOL. The general "you."

According to this article I saw this morning, it looks like maybe they do.

Liberal or Conservative? Where you shop reveals how you vote
by DANTE CHINNI

If you’re like most Americans you’ve probably spent a lot of time, and money, online doing holiday shopping this year. Americans planned to spend over 50 percent of their holiday budget online, according to one fall shopping survey.

And when you clicked around various online retailers you may have revealed a bit about your politics, according to data from Hitwise.

The online retailers where you’re most likely to find conservative Republican and liberal Democratic shoppers this holiday season look very different from each other. And they reveal a lot about the people who make up the far ends of the two parties in 2017.

Conservative Republicans: Power Tools and Punch Bowls

The list of retailers for people who identify as conservative Republicans is a collection of online stores specializing in tough-man tools and chic housewares. Stores like Grainger and Northern Tool share space with Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma.

[Picture in article shows Grainger, Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Northern, L.L. Bean, Land's End, Midway USA, Crate & Barrel, Tire Rack and Sportsman's Guide]

At first blush, that may seem a confused mish-mash of outlets. How big can the overlap possibly be between those who want a Jura Giga X7 Automatic Coffee Center (on sale for $8999.95) and a Makita 11 amp Belt Sander ($289.99)?

But that’s looking at this list the wrong way. In fact, the Hitwise “conservative Republican” list makes a lot of sense as a sign of the internal tensions within the GOP. It’s a mix of stores aimed at establishment GOPers (wealthy, white-collar expensive coffee machine types) and President Donald Trump’s more blue-collar version of the party (power tools and hunting gear).

Also on the list is L.L. Bean, a company that President Trump supported in a January tweet – “Buy L.L. Bean” – after the heiress of the company’s founder appeared on television defending her contributions to Trump. And Lands’ End, a solid, if not flashy, clothing-retailer, also makes the conservative Republican top 10.

Liberal Democrats: Young and Fashion-Oriented

It’s much easier to spy a pattern in the list for online liberal Democratic shoppers. There are many retailers that target a younger, more female audience, particularly where clothes and fashion are concerned: Forever 21, Sephora, ASOS.

[Picture in article shows Forever 21, Ubran Outfitters, GAP, Sephora, Express, H&M, Nike, Crate & Barrell, Bloomingdales and asos]

Not all these stores are aimed at women, of course. Gap sells clothes to both genders, as does Express. But modern style, particularly inexpensive modern style, is the key element in many of the stores on this list. That makes sense, of course, when you think of the age of liberal Democrats, who tend to be younger than Republicans when pollsters ask party identification questions.

And even though this is a list of online retailers, there is a real-world geographic component to much of it. The stores’ brick-and-mortar locations tend to be heavily based in urban areas, just like liberal Democratic voters.

When you shop at Urban Outfitters online you can be anywhere, but the store’s physical locations are clustered around big cities and college towns. There are only 53 Bloomingdale’s store locations in the United States, but they are all based near big metro areas.

The list is evidence that your everyday, real-life experiences color the world you see and inhabit, even when you are shopping online, where geography doesn’t really matter.

Coming Together

You may notice there is one store that makes both the conservative Republican and liberal Democrat lists: Crate & Barrel. In a country that is politically divided and self-segregated on so many points, that’s an accomplishment. Apparently, conservative or liberal, everyone needs a good 12-ounce water goblet for the holidays.

And there was another store more directly tied to politics in 2017 that scored well for both conservatives and liberals in the Hitwise data: Trumpstore.com.

The online retailer is new and its audience is still relatively small. It sells goods with ties to the Trump brand including a women’s golf jacket (bearing the Trump insignia on the chest), a Toddler-sized Trump Polo and a Trump coin bank that looks like a gold bar.

In the Hitwise data, both conservatives and liberals were more likely than the average American to visit the site, though perhaps for different reasons – one group cheering, the other one jeering. People who described their politics as “middle of the road” were less likely to visit the site.

In that way, the holiday data around Trumpstore.com is reminiscent of the year as a whole in politics. Some people love him and others hate him, but if you are interested in Washington’s prime industry, it’s hard not to talk about President Donald Trump – even when shopping online.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/b...ation-online-sales-jump-christmas-day-n275161

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was interesting @mary poppins.

I guess I am against making every little thing about politics and pigeonholing. It is extremely tiring to read so many articles that concentrate on differences and only sometimes add similarities as an afterthought. Only blue collar Trump voters use power tools? Where someone shops is an indication of "internal tensions in the GOP"? Seriously? I would say it's less about politics when it comes to $9k coffee makers and more about being able to afford it.

"But that’s looking at this list the wrong way. In fact, the Hitwise “conservative Republican” list makes a lot of sense as a sign of the internal tensions within the GOP. It’s a mix of stores aimed at establishment GOPers (wealthy, white-collar expensive coffee machine types) and President Donald Trump’s more blue-collar version of the party (power tools and hunting gear)."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results