shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your username stand for??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mine''s actually pretty simple and boring. It is the first four letters of my first name with my age at the time I joined PS. Hence Shay37.

Shay

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

Koko, we are owned by two siamese cats as well! Did you get your name from the Lilian Jackson Braun books? Two of the characters in the series are siamese cats called Koko and Yum-Yum. Whenever you need a siamese kitten fix visit these websites:
Orecatay and Orecatay 2

My husband and I moved to Seattle from South Africa 6 years ago. Growing up we were never exposed to Dungeons and Dragons. Anyway, he started playing it with a few friends at work and later I joined them - for a VERY brief period of time, I may add. My character''s name was Maya. Last year I got a moonstone pendant from B, my husband, which I love. When Maya was already taken, I added Moonstone to the name.

My name sounds very artistic and dreamy, I think. But it is the total opposite from my personality. I am a scientist...

Maya

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad I''m not the only one that read aphisiglovessea with the notion on the other letters being made around "glove". Of all the names of PSers I found that one so puzzling!

I always assumed the other toughie Aljdewey was in a formal name style aka Al J. Dewey.

This thread is also good because I had no I idea suziq was SJZ.

Mine is pretty easy. My name is Sarah and when my boyfriend and I were gaming online he would always name the private room Sarita which just means "little Sarah" in Spanish, his first language.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good stuff, you guys...

Bet you can figure mine out. Here''s a hint:

<--------------------------------------

2.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
BTW.. since I am love to see my name in print... I see everyone has used my name at least once in their post...
31.gif

But this really is a fun thread.. I had no idea the meaning behind some of them and it is cool to find out. I really like Perry''s... Just Perry... hee hee

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
WOW - I had NO idea there was such INTRIGUE around my user name. Gosh, I almost hate to divulge it now.....so funny to keep you all guessing!

MichelleC....you get the prize for getting me to laugh the hardest. That is SO perfect an explanation, I should just cop to it and be done.
2.gif
Love it!

Ok.......this is like the ending of the Crying Game! Suspense over........

When I first began needing a password, I struggled to come up with something that I would remember easily.

When I first began working for my present company, one of our consultants (Jeff) played a practical joke on one of the girls. We primarily speak to attorneys - inhouse counsel and outside counsel. Jeff called Lorraine on an outside line and pretended to be Al Dewey from Dewey, Cheatham and Howe (Do we cheat them and how)......and she fell for it hook, line and sinker. A bunch of us were in the office hearing her end of the conversation, and we were practically in tears at how funny it was. That day stuck with me.

When I decided to use it as a username, aldewey was taken, so I added my own middle initial, and it became Al J. Dewey.....points to all of you who got it right.

Like Cinnabar, I purposely wanted something gender neutral because I, too, find that people make assumptions based on thinking one is male or female, and I wanted to dispel that. Al can be Alice; it can be Alfred......very neutral.

Hee heeeeeee.......I was here, I think, for about nine months or so before it finally came out here. Absolutely hysterical time.....poor Rich Sherwood was *traumatized*!
11.gif
For 9 months, people were absolutely sure I was a man because I''m very direct. Happens to me all the time online.......I''m never identified as a woman until I spill the beans.

Most folks here just called me Al or AL-jay......and that was fine by me. Then, the first time I called into Whiteflash, they said "Al-JED-away", and I laughed my head off.....that was SO funny! And so CUTE in Lesley''s accent!

*sigh*......I feel curiously deflated now that the mystery is done.
2.gif
Hahaha - and after all that, I like MichelleCarmen''s answer better - LMAO!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY I GET POINTS!! WOOHOO!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2005 7:29:31 PM
Author: sarita

This thread is also good because I had no I idea suziq was SJZ.
6.gif
Sorry, Sarita! I thought that everyone had pretty much figured that out.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Dewey Cheathem and Howe! Love it- what an excellent creation tale.
Russian limo drivers, Pikup and Dropoff
Conservative Political Commentator, Eileen Tudor-Wright
Customer Service Director, Heywood Jabuzzoff
1.gif

I use the same name always, way back when I got my first e-mail account I was mrsfrk: F-R-K is my husband, I am his missus. Since I didn't change my name when we married, this is our little in-joke.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, love this thread! Good stuff!!

If any of you are cartoon lovers (or have kids that are), then you know that my user name comes from the show Mucha Lucha. Buena Girl is a character on the show.
1.gif
And the signature at the bottom of my posts is one of her catch phrases. It''s pretty funny because I don''t think I''ve ever said that phrase in my life, nor do I ever say "it''s all good", but none of the other main catch phrases would make much sense unless you were a fan of the show.
2.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I love reading all the different ways people came up with their usernames, the meaning behind it, etc.
I always read aphissaglovessae as "a fish glove say"!!
emsmilep.gif

For aljdewey the "dewey" part always stuck out for me. In fact the dewey decimal system always comes to mind when I come across your posts!

The avatars play a big part in how I read some usernames too.

Mine is pretty boring. I love cats, but didn''t want catlover as a username since that is so clique. So I went to a free translation site and put in cat lover. The French version was the best so that''s what I became...catlover in French.

saturn

Shiny_Rock
I picked Saturn as my username because... It''s got rings!
2.gif

I was a longtime lurker, but I finally registered so I could post pictures of my brand-new e-ring. I was so excited, and the name Saturn popped into my mind because FI and I had been attending some evening astronomy talks around that time, and I had gotten to look at Saturn (the planet) through their high-powered telescope. You can really see the rings!
BTW, I also drive a Saturn.

Great thread! It''s so interesting to hear the origins of everybody''s usernames. I''ve always wondered about some of them. For some reason, my public-health-student brain has always read WTNLVR as "WesT NiLe ViRus." Not even close.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I've heard it called set-on-point but also star-set when a princess cut diamond is set with the corners pointing east-west.
Well, my engagement ring is a star-set princess.
BTW - only recently did I change my name from Erin which is my first name and not covert enough

Aphisig - I was never greek but I knew that one
2.gif

Aljdewey - I never knew how to say it so it was always AL
Strawdermangrl - I STILL cannot help being dyslexic when I want to make it read Strawmandergrl
MrsFrk - Just today I am going to stop saying (in my head) Mrs Frisk because the 's' is so obviously not there
Matata and Matatora - have to think hard each and every time
MINE - I think of those seagulls on Nemo
AGBF - It's so obvious I couldn't/didn't

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Cool thread!

Date: 10/17/2005 5:05:19 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Matata and Matatora - have to think hard each and every time

Me too Erin!! (sorry, can''t get Erin out of my head for you :) )

My initials (maiden) are J. C., and hubby''s are J. D. Boring but effective
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
My name is nothing special, just my name....
1.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
This is so funny!!!

My name is greek for "good afternoon".

My boyfriend and I went to Greece a few years ago. It was one of the most romantic and meaningful vacations we have ever taken.
emlove.gif
I loved the way everyone said kalimera (good morning), kalispera (good afternoon) and kalinihta (good night) everytime you talked to someone.

When I signed up for PS, kalispera was all I could remember.... that and "Thelo Mia Megali Bira" which means "I want a big beer"...
embeer.gif

I opted for the former.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
ETA: Forgot to include my story. For some reason I thought this was the continuation of an old thread on this same topic. Anyway, I love Bob Marley, so my username is one of my favorite songs by him "One Drop."

Kalispera! I love your username. I spent some time in Greece as well and I love all the greetings that you mentioned, especially kalimera (good morning). Everyone sounded so happy when they said "kalimera." In fact one of my good friends that I traveled with still says it. :) I never learned a phrase like you did (that one is a good one to know!). All I know are the greetings and "thank you" -- efkharisto (sp) and "you're welcome" --- parakallo.

The explanation for aljdeway is funny. During law school professors used that Dewey, Cheatem and Howe theme on exams funny enough. And the aphiss...one, I would have never guessed!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks onedrop! Greece is such a beautiful country, I truly loved my time there. I hope to go back soon, and the locals were the nicest people in the world... and yes, the phrase came in handy!!
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2005 7:29:31 PM
Author: sarita
Mine is pretty easy. My name is Sarah and when my boyfriend and I were gaming online he would always name the private room Sarita which just means ''little Sarah'' in Spanish, his first language.

My Italian sister-in-law calls her cousin, whose given name is Sarah, "Sarica". (Pronounced Sah-REE-cah.)

Deb

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2005 12:24:49 PM
Author: abradabra
MMM,

Although I''ve been pretty sure that you didn''t pick your username based on this, all I can think of every time you post is that ''70''s disco song by the Andrea True Connection (I just googled it--I don''t know that off the top of my head). I always start humming ''More more more... How do you like it? How do you like it?'' everytime I read your posts. And then I think about a special I saw on VH1 about awesomely bad songs, where they talk about how the singer was actually a **** star as her main career or something. Random! Anyway, thought you''d appreciate that...
Me too abradabra, that''s so funny!!!
9.gif

Heather

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I had posted why I have mine in a thread from about six months ago...
Matatora is my AIM screen name, it has been the same thing since 7th grade. Which is funny becuase I change my phone number all the time.
Matatora is from Hawaiian mythology, he was a man who so loved his wife that he went to save her from the underworld once she was dead. I liked the idea of that sort of intense loyalty. If you wanted to look him up he is sometimes also referred to as the god of the dead.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Matatora, Orpheus did the same for Eurydice, took place in Greece before Hawaii i think.

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
Pretty uninteresting username compared to some of yours! My name is Michelle but most people call me Shelly. And my birthday is 11-11-70.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 5:05:19 PM
Author: Starset Princess

This makes me LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I Looooooooove those seagulls, hehehe!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 10:34:09 PM
Author: Pricescope
Matatora, Orpheus did the same for Eurydice, took place in Greece before Hawaii i think.

Well...this is certainly off-topic, but do you know the movie, "Black Orpheus"? It is a favorite of my husband's and I spent a fortune buying it for him on a VHS tape back before everyone had DVDs. I wonder if it is now out on DVD.

Deb

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I will have to read up on my Greek mythology over Christmas break. Thanks!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
First three letters of my first name (Maria)
and
First three letters of my last name

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
And here I had been thinking you must be a comic fan!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2005 1:28:55 AM
Author: Matatora

Oh, I will have to read up on my Greek mythology over Christmas break. Thanks!
You will be amazed at brutal details, romantic tale, betrayal and jealousy in that story.
Bits any Hollywood plot, also starring sexual harassment and poisonous snake
14.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is pretty boring....I was registering yesterday and drinking my beloved and much needed cup of coffee. I could think of a user name so I looked at my coffee mug, Caribou Coffee. I''m not very creative.
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results