shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your username stand for??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
What a fun thread! Seems that there are a few italian usernames floating around here...mind is ''piccola'' = little, and ''scimmia'' = monkey. I enjoy calling my cousins little monkeys all the time and started using it as my safe alter-ego online.

And I''m not perfect in italian, but to my knowledge fatafelice is happy fairy :)

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t resist joining in on the hijack & chime in on the DC area.
I used to live north of Baltimore & I moved to DC when I married DH.
I love it here- I really live in Montgomery Co, but we do a lot of stuff in DC. Also we can go to Bethesda or other towns around here for nice restaurants, shopping, etc.

The diversity is tremendous - people from all over world are everywhere.
I would have a hard time going back to my previous wasp-y neighborhood.
Sorry Gypsy for what you are going through!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a great story, but thought I''d chime in and explain my name anyway! I was always trying to come up with "secret" screen names for AIM in college, so I could be online without anyone knowing. Ephemeral was one of my favorite words (yes, I have favorite words... I''m weird, I know) but it didn''t sound like a name, so I changed it to Ephemery... which annoyingly was already taken, so I added the 1. See? Bad story... I warned you! But I used it here because I didn''t want to use my most common AIM name, in case somebody recognized me.
9.gif

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is a combination of daughter''s name and my love of gems

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Well mine is probably pretty self-evident. Indiana Jones! Can''t you hear the theme music?
I even tried to get my avatar to dress like him this was as close as I could get. I love archaeology, ancient ruins, and Harrison Ford''s smile.
2.gif
And I needed to think of a different username in a hurry so i could go into witness protection.
31.gif

My previous username I use for every thing so it''d be pretty easy for bf to spot. In junior high a friend gave me a choice between two nicknames: Care Bear and Wren. duh.
20.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Mine has a few meanings, but I love double entendres...

Easy one... My first name is Summer, nickname=Sum, and I came here to look for my e-ring for when I''m a bride... SumBride

Medium... Sum (day I hope to be a) Bride = SumBride

Harder... (That''s just) Sum Bride (over there)

Best one... my bf is an accountant... plus me... the Sum(is a) Bride

seriously, I had too much fun with this...

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
OOOHHH, I love this!!!!
Mine comes from the movie ''Breakfast at Tiffany''s'' and I chose it because Truman Capote did not want Audrey Hepburn to sing in the movie. He wanted her voice dubbed because he didn''t think she could sing it well. She proved him wrong. I love the story and the song Moon River reminds me that anything is possible if you put your mind to it, no matter what other people say.
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Mine''s not very complicated. My name is Miranda, though I rarely go by it.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
This is so funny ... I am laughing & also blushing from embarassment with the realization that I have been mis-pronouncing names in my head!
emembarrassed.gif

My screen name ... My boss started it ... "Miss Joy" "Miss Darlin Joy" ... and then it was just contagious! Everything was "Sweet darlin Joy" this & that ... then my soon to be hubby was doing it!!!

It''s funny, ''cuz someone at work was complaining that I was "the sweet one" ... Bha,ha,ha! I thought that was too hysterical! I should invite her over when I''m not so sweet!
face22.gif

Joy = my middle name, which I have always gone by. One day I asked my mom why I didn''t go by my first name like other children did, and she said "Your father wanted to name you after his Mother, and as beautiful as that name is, Joy just made more sense ... epecially since you brought us great joy!
face23.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results