shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your username stand for??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock

There are so many interesting usernames/aliases on this website, that i thought it would be interesting to see what each one stood for or represented.

guess i''ll go first!

msb700:
msb= is the initials of my first, middle and last name
700= back in the days of the ol'' pager (when cell fone were a novelty!) this was my ''number''/''signature'' whenever i sent msgs over the pager (i.e. 143700) so that they knew it was coming from me...and the number just stuck to me thru out the years i guess =)
lets see wat everyone else''s means
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
strmrdr == storm rider

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
MY name expresses the selfish side of me. This username is the one that I want to be sometimes.. the person that says.. MY MONEY, MY HOUSE, MY RING, MY FAMILY, MY LIFE.. MY WAY!!! MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
I got my name from the scene in the movie "Titanic" where Jack is showing Rose his drawings. He shows her one of an old lady wearing moth-eaten clothes but dripping with jewelry, and he says "And this is a lady that sat in this bar every night waiting for her long lost love.
We used to call her Madam Bijoux."

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
My username is the first 2 letters of my first name, the first 2 letters of my middle name, and my year of birth. As I get older I think I''ll be dropping that year down!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve used Punch N Pie as a username for email, message boards, etc for years since "South Park" the movie came out. Its taken from a quote in the movie that my best friend and I used to quote for years because we just cracked up for hours after hearing that line (see signature quote). It then became a running joke, as we would get each other a bottle of Hawaiian punch and a Hostess cherry pie for Christmas, etc... She even told me to put it on my wedding invitation because (see signature quote). i know, we are dorks.

75 is the year I graced the world with my presence!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wasn''t there another thread about this???

But anyways, Stretch is the name of the thoroughbred I work with, and well 4 is one of my lucky numbers. Pretty simple explanation actually
2.gif
hehe.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, and now I''m experimenting when a new screen name, "Little Rascal," the name of my precious kitty in my avatar. What do you all think?!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
ok here goes...

Atroop711 means:

atroop711 came about a million years ago when the internet started and my husbands user name is Ftroop...he wanted me to be Atroop (his name begins with "F" and my name begins with "A"...the 711 is the number of our building where we live.

not interesting at all....LOL
23.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
hehe.. my name doesn''t really require much explanation, but I feel left out!
My first name is Melissa. My Middle name is Sue. :)

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
My sorority is Phi Sigma Sigma, so I''m usually called a "Phi Sig." My fiance''s fraternity is Sigma Alpha Epsilon, SAE. Hence, A Phi Sig loves SAE put together in one word is my username.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
WTNLVR= Wheaten Lover. I love my soft-coated wheaten terriers. One of which can be seen in my avatar with hubby. They are just fluffy teddybears
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose Lorelei after Marilyn''s character in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes as my hair is a similar colour, I often used to wear red lipstick and I am a greedy diamond girl just like she was in the film! It is interesting to hear how everyone chose their names.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Regular Guy: Who I am (at least on one of my better days).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha these are all so funny and so interesting!!

We found when we went to visit WF in Texas just how everyone interprets and says the usernames differently. aka Aljdewey is said one way, or rather she says it one way, I say it another, but the WF people say it a whole other way...aka more emphasis on different letters. Sometimes someone would say a name and I'd think WHO is that?? But it was just pronounciation.

That's so how I say some of these names in my head, aka aphis...I thought it was aphis glove essae....but I had no idea what that was obviously! Made me think of aphids, like on my roses.
31.gif
And wtnlovr...I thought it was something to do with Windows aka Windows "Lover"..don't ask me why. It's just how it associated in my mind..HAHA.

Mine is easy...when I first started on PS when it was very tiny, almost everyone used their real first names (well most people, especially the experts and Leonid etc who were the majority here mostly) and I didn't want to come in with some cheesy 'Bride2Be' name and be asking diamond questions, they would have steered me to the local maul and said give them your card...haha.
9.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
must coz my FI loves the gingerbread cookie i bake!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I guess mine is VERY self explanatory. I have a son, his name is.......you guessed it!

I feel bad ''cos I''m also Laurensmom, but she came along after I joined PS.

OldBride

Rough_Rock
I think mine is obvious. I also thought it was amusing.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I picked kaleigh because I liked the name and it was available. I wanted cricket, but that was taken, so Kaleigh it is.
1.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
My name is short for Soul Sister. I gained that nickname from my singing. I used to impersonate Janis Joplin and one guy stood up and yelled "SING IT SOUL SISTA!!" and it stuck with me. My license plate says it, my phone number ends in SOUL and I even have monogrammed jackets, socks and panties given to me by friends!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Well, let me explain my nic...
Bling: I love things that sparkle and shine, and I like the word "bling"... it sounds fresh and clean!!
*Diva*: The word "diva" is usually seen as a negative thing, but to me, it is a positive, self-confident attitude
which my friends say that I have!! I chose the asterisks because I just like the way they look.
2.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 12:20:26 PM
Author: Mara
That''s so how I say some of these names in my head, aka aphis...I thought it was aphis glove essae....but I had no idea what that was obviously! Made me think of aphids, like on my roses.
31.gif

This is really funny Mara, coz i also read that as ''aphis glove essae'' !!! i had no idea wat it meant and just guessed randomly that it mite have to do with a sorority...but i never realized ''love'' was one of the main words! hilarious...

haha, this is really interesting to see how each person interprets their nick!

keep them coming ppl!
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: msb700
This is really funny ...coz i also read that as ''aphis glove essae'' !!!
9.gif
So did I!!

This is so interesting and fun. I wish mine were a little more mysterious...I named myself after the critter to the left...

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Ooh. Fun subject. Matatora had a similar thread (found here) a little while back.

My screen name = simple idealism. The long, boring version of 'why' is here if you have 10 minutes to burn and don't mind a blending of Cervantes and Eschenbach by a simple drummer-turned-cut-geek.

What is funny to me is how some people now call me John Q all the time, like Lesley does here - or Wink does on the phone.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel my nick is self-explanatory, but sometimes someone asks its origins, so I will explain.

"AGBF" is an abbreviation of, "A Girl''s Best Friend". People just started to write, "AGBF" rather than to write out my original user name ("A Girl''s Best Friend").

Why, "A Girls''s Best Friend"? Because there is an old song called, "Diamonds Are a Girl''s Best Friend".

Deborah

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well you probably dont want us posting your real last name.

Mine is my name. duh.

Id like to know how Alj''s is supposed to be said. And what it means. Where it came from. Yknow. The whole history.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I changed mine recently. I used to just use my initials (SJZ) but that seemed so boring. Besides, I got tired of having people refer to me by my initials. So I changed it to SuziQ. That's probably a no brainer...my given name is Susan, but my nickname is SuziQ or Suz. Suz seemed too similar to SJZ, so I went with SuziQ. I thought about making it MORE interesting by using my other nickname, BONGO. But I thought that might induce some ridicule...
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say Alj''s name in my head like Aljeway. Is that right??? And where does it come from???

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I say anything past Al J I say Al J Dewey.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 2:01:06 PM
Author: ame
Well you probably dont want us posting your real last name.

Mine is my name. duh.

Id like to know how Alj''s is supposed to be said. And what it means. Where it came from. Yknow. The whole history.
I''m sure Al will post her story on her name...I forget how she says it but I say A.L.J. Dewey. And WF said it differently which was hilarious. Also everything sounds different in Lesley''s fab accent!!

Ame, I thought your name was ''ahmay''...it wasn''t until we were at WF that they told me it was pronounced ''aimee''.

Last names? Who has those?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results