color
clarity

What do you think of this aquamarine?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mastercutgems|1310216400|2965420 said:
But good aqua is not cheap at all...

I have to say that our definitions of "good aqua" might not be the same. While I think the aqua in this thread is pretty, it is by no means exceptional material, but I think it's average. Not as bad as the mall stores (goshenite posing as aqua), but not the caliber of fine gem quality either. I was basing my pricing on that, but perhaps even "okay" aqua has gone up significantly in price.

Sorry to sound somewhat harsh on the stone. Now that I know the OP is returning it, I feel like I can be a bit more honest. :|

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This color aqua in sizes of 2 grams that are clean would be $20 per ct in the rough, so if all went well, and yield was good, a break even price would be $80 per ct, just to cover the cost of the stone.

So it's another hot day here in central PA, and I'm thinking about the thousands of dogs out in the sun in cages in the puppy mills. I imagine it's even hotter in Missouri which is the puppy mill capital of the world. Before you think about upgrading those diamonds in your LOGR ring, think about what an upgrade to these dogs might be... maybe some water, maybe pulling 50 ticks off their face, maybe not another litter of puppys, maybe some shade so their feet don't burn on the hot wire as they serve out their life sentence in a cage!

Join us if you can at Sound for the Hounds event in NJ, to learn how YOU can help stop this horrendous puppy mills. If you can't attend, maybe a small donation to help cover the costs of the event and support the work to shut down these mills. http://www.soundforthehounds.com

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PrecisionGem|1310237054|2965574 said:
This color aqua in sizes of 2 grams that are clean would be $20 per ct in the rough, so if all went well, and yield was good, a break even price would be $80 per ct, just to cover the cost of the stone.

So it's another hot day here in central PA, and I'm thinking about the thousands of dogs out in the sun in cages in the puppy mills. I imagine it's even hotter in Missouri which is the puppy mill capital of the world. Before you think about upgrading those diamonds in your LOGR ring, think about what an upgrade to these dogs might be... maybe some water, maybe pulling 50 ticks off their face, maybe not another litter of puppys, maybe some shade so their feet don't burn on the hot wire as they serve out their life sentence in a cage!

Join us if you can at Sound for the Hounds event in NJ, to learn how YOU can help stop this horrendous puppy mills. If you can't attend, maybe a small donation to help cover the costs of the event and support the work to shut down these mills. http://www.soundforthehounds.com

I really respect your love for dogs. This is the reason I cut my spending down on jewelry to almost nil in the last 9 months. Jewelry is great fun but expensive. Animal shelters, and local rescue groups can do so much with steady donations from people who care. Thanks for reminding people of the need for donations to your rescue group and others. :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene,
Thanks for giving us awareness of these poor abused animals. I always tell people not to buy from puppy stores because of you!! I had no idea that these animals were suffering so. I do donate the the humane society every year.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results