shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this 1.01 ct E VS1 with cloud?

susychpstk

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

My first time posting in PS, although I've been reading lots of informative posts here for a few weeks now, since my bf and I have been educating ourselves on round brilliant diamonds as we looked for an e-ring. We found this beauty on James Allen:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.01-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1003597

and my honey purchased it recently, set in this setting:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/platinum-six-prong-knife-edged-solitaire-engagement-ring-handmade-item-2426

JA has been a breeze to work with and my bf is VERY happy with the ring (I haven't seen it yet....I want to be surprised seeing it in person for the first time when he proposes :D), but with any big purchase, you tend to second-guess your buying choice, so can anyone please reassure him that this diamond is stunning, brilliant, sparkly, icy, and gorgeous!? We're still within the return time-frame, so please don't hold back if you see something not quite right with it however.

He keeps going back to this one: Very similar, just bigger....no cloud but other small inclusions. My ring finger size is a 5 1/4, so the 1 carat looks really fine for my long, slender finger shape, but either one would look nice I think.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.30-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-940757

Of the two, what do you think? It was very hard choosing because they're both really gorgeous. I think the HCA tool score is what made him second guess: the 1 carat scored a 0.9 and the 1.3 carat scored a 0.7....that's all he needed to see...haha!!

Thanks guys!

Susan

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
both diamonds are gorgeous! And with the HCA tool, it's simply a rejection tool. A score of 0.7 is not a better score than 0.9 or 1.5, even. You're only looking for a number under 2. As far as the cloud on the smaller diamond, it's not going to be visible to the naked eye. At VS1, you don't need to worry about that! Comparing these.... it just boils down to what size diamond you prefer. there is NO wrong choice. (unless you're a size ho like myself who would jump at the 1.3) :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring will be gorgeous!

That 1.3 is nothing to sneeze at either...I'd take either in a heartbeat!

susychpstk

Rough_Rock
farrahlyn|1463167156|4031370 said:
both diamonds are gorgeous! And with the HCA tool, it's simply a rejection tool. A score of 0.7 is not a better score than 0.9 or 1.5, even. You're only looking for a number under 2. As far as the cloud on the smaller diamond, it's not going to be visible to the naked eye. At VS1, you don't need to worry about that! Comparing these.... it just boils down to what size diamond you prefer. there is NO wrong choice. (unless you're a size ho like myself who would jump at the 1.3) :lol:

Haha Farrahlyn!! Too funny!! :lol: Thank you so much for your response and reassurance!

susychpstk

Rough_Rock
Thank you tyty333!!! I love that the 1.0 only has a couple little pinprick inclusions, and the rest of the diamond looks insanely clean. Would those little pinpricks which make up the cloud, cause this diamond to be graded a VS1? I'm no expert, but this couldn't have passed as a VVS2 because under 10x mag, you can find these inclusions, thus bumping it to the VS1 category? I'm learning all this stuff :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cloud caused it to be graded a VS1. I can't even see the cloud but I do see those few pinpoints. It is a very clean
so IMO.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No issue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results