shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you have your heart set on?

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Just for fun, I'd love to hear from passionate PS'ers about what stone you've had your heart set on - cut, clarity, color and ct! And in this dream, what setting have you always wanted for it? Share inspiration pics if you have them and let's create a dream board. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough question. I'll have to think on this.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I always wanted an asscher cut, so I bought the biggest one I could afford 5 years ago (1.52 carats). CVB ID is making a reset setting for it, so I think I will have my dream ring by next month!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd ❤ a 4.17 H VS1 A Cut Above. No idea about setting but probably something by Mark Morrell, CVB or Victor Canera. Nothing fancy but definitely 8 prongs and a rose gold shank.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, too many to choose from but I was thinking on this the other day because I'm a few years off upgrading to the big OEC so I was wondering what I could tick off the list before then or whether I would be better to focus on the big OEC first.
I would love a 8-8.5mm OEC, fantasy colour is GHI colour (realistic colour is JKLM especially if I can see them first to know how much I like them) OR very light brown set in CVB's Janetta/Susannah (the one with the collar/semi-halo of stones) or Dahlia or Erika Winters' Margot. But then I might want to kite set it in a 4-prong setting like ringo's customised rose gold Stuller. SO I'm a long way off even working out how I might want it to look much less buying one.:D:lol:

I also really want a 2/3 eternity of 2mm elongated french cuts or french cuts alternating with rose cuts/OECs, think CVB Riviere.
And a 3-4mm asscher band with triangular buttery yellow gold prongs :love: so... pretty much exactly acaw2015's gorgeousness (it's so perfectly dreamy *sigh*)
And and a 2mm bead set 2/3 eternity of rose cuts in white gold or platinum. This one is about to be in progress as a test of a local manufacturing jeweller to see if they have the right skill set to successfully retip the prongs of my art deco fishtail prong e-ring setting without ruining it.
Ooh and a target ring set with calibre cut rubies or sapphires around a buttery OEC.
Ooh and a Jubilee cut set in I have no idea what but I want one. Maybe dangle earrings?
OK I'll stop now.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Realistically, I'm hankering for a 7.5+mm eye-clean SI1 OEC in a lower color like L with a cute little open culet and great
light return. Setting would probably be something like CVB Casablanca or maybe something simpler.
Pulled this off the internet so dont know who to give credit to...
casablanca.PNG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Casablanca is one of my favorite settings!

I would like a Montana sapphire right hand ring. I will eventually get one as it is my birthstone.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2ct+ Octavia - in the colourless range and ideally VVS-VS1 - in an awesome matte-finish 7-8mm wide tension setting.

Sadly it won't be for a lonnnng while :( so I'm going to have to continue drooling over Kenny's and Dancing Fire's! lol

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I prefer high-coloured diamonds and love fluorescence, so my realistic bling dream consists of upgrading to a pair of Brian Gavin bezel studs with VSB fluorescence, 1ctw and D-F colour (my current studs are from BGD and E-colour, but they're 0.41ctw with "negligible" fluorescence), and a 0.75ct Barbara pendant to match.

If I won the lottery or something, I'd double the carat weight for the studs and pendant, and add – at the very least – chandelier jackets, a tennis bracelet, and a riviera or line necklace to hang the pendant off for special occasions! Mind you, with unlimited funds, I could quite possibly end up with a 10ct diamond in a tiara...

Also, a very long-term and impractical dream project of mine is a trellis-style RHR of colourless diamonds, each with a different colour of fluorescence. They'd have to be pretty small with my limited budget (not to mention the rarity of, say, strong red fluorescence), but it's fun to think about.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, a very long-term and impractical dream project of mine is a trellis-style RHR of colourless diamonds, each with a different colour of fluorescence.
That would be AWESOME 8-)

Make it happen!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My HFG/dream rock would probably be an 11 mm G/totally eye clean ACA with medium to SBF... in a CVB soli setting... not sure about 6 or 8 prongs. ;-)

...I wouldn't turn my nose up at a big whoppin' H/I OEC *or* an amazingly cut D/E oval in the 12x10 mm range *or* a huge elongated antique cushion! (for the record) :mrgreen:

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Well, I always wanted an asscher cut, so I bought the biggest one I could afford 5 years ago (1.52 carats). CVB ID is making a reset setting for it, so I think I will have my dream ring by next month!
Can't wait to see your new piece!!!

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
I'd ❤ a 4.17 H VS1 A Cut Above. No idea about setting but probably something by Mark Morrell, CVB or Victor Canera. Nothing fancy but definitely 8 prongs and a rose gold shank.
WOWZA. :)

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Realistically, I'm hankering for a 7.5+mm eye-clean SI1 OEC in a lower color like L with a cute little open culet and great
light return. Setting would probably be something like CVB Casablanca or maybe something simpler.
Pulled this off the internet so dont know who to give credit to...
casablanca.PNG
Had to look up Casablanca - BEAUTIFUL. :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also like a small fancy blue diamond just to say I had one. Would have to win powerball though...

Q

Queenie60

For me - a three quarter eternity ring and a 3 stone OEC ring. Contemplating on an M that Erica has for sale right now. Thinking that almost 8 mm for a center stone is a bit large as my ring size is about 4.5. I may hold out for a nice 7 mm stone for the center. Not in a rush as this would be for my 30th wedding anniversary next year. Decisions, decisions.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2ct+ Octavia - in the colourless range and ideally VVS-VS1 - in an awesome matte-finish 7-8mm wide tension setting.

Sadly it won't be for a lonnnng while :( so I'm going to have to continue drooling over Kenny's and Dancing Fire's! lol
Funny you mention that.

... because, honestly, the only hankering I have is for what's already on my finger. :mrgreen:

Maybe Octavias just end the hankering cycle.
Mine did.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3ct OEC in a CVB
4-5ct EC in Leon Mege 5 stone ring like Emeraldcutlover's:love:
3 tcw diamond studs, a pair of dangle diamonds
A tennis bracelet and a diamond pendent.

Pricescope is a dangerous place for my wallet.:wall:

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
For me - a three quarter eternity ring and a 3 stone OEC ring. Contemplating on an M that Erica has for sale right now. Thinking that almost 8 mm for a center stone is a bit large as my ring size is about 4.5. I may hold out for a nice 7 mm stone for the center. Not in a rush as this would be for my 30th wedding anniversary next year. Decisions, decisions.
I celebrated 25 this year which led me to PS. I had NO IDEA how this would preoccupy me. You're right - decisions, decisions!

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
A cluster ring with the most perfect OEC center. And it's already in the CAD stage. Also, 1 ctw WF studs.
Sounds beautiful and I hope you post lots of pics!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF has some 5cts I wouldn't mind sporting. They also have a 9ct, but I don't see DH EVER supporting that dream lol.

And while even talking DH into a 5ct may be a long shot, upgrading my .8tcw ACA's to 2-2.5tcw is on my short list of jewelry to acquire in the next couple years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results