shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you do when something is *off* about a listing?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on LoupeTroop the other day and there is clearly something in the background reflecting blue on the piece or the image has been manipulated to amp up the blue color. Those are supposed to be white diamonds F/G and they look like moonstones. So I call shenanigans. But I don't see a way to report it on the site and I don't aspire to be the self-appointed police of bad jewelry listings....

What do you do when you see stuff like this?

I still feel really badly about a ring someone was selling on here that had a fake-looking hallmark a long while back and I didn't call it out before someone bought it.

Am I wrong here?

1595540943493.png

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think that photo is “suspect”.
That vendor is considered reputable, he has been around a long time. The certificate is genuine.
however, the sapphire isn’t great in my opinion.
Yes it’s stated as origin Kashmir but it has significant colour zoning and is quite translucent. And while it might be Kashmir origin it isn’t the vivid colour or quality revered by those who seek Kashmir sapphires.
With all vendor photos it’s possible the colour produced in the photos isn’t the same as in real life. digital cameras can do weird things. That’s why it is important to buy from vendors who will let you return the gemstone / jewellery if it isn’t as expected.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so, maybe badly color corrected but not intentionally? that's a better scenario. hope some of the photographers will chime in.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results