shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you wear as your Jewels du Jour?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing! I'm pretty active and don't want to scratch anything.

CourtneyLB,
That's one way to keep a tanzanite safe. :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with the job interview, Burberrygirl!

Harriet, thanks for the photo of Liz.

Today I am being lazy on my jewelry. i have on my diamond dangle earrings, my heart diamond pendant, my EC diamond RHR and my 5 stone PC bypass ring is playing my wrings.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I spent the last 3 months with a very limited jewelry wardrobe, because of travel. I had to be content with:

- hammered silver dome ring
- green tourmaline cab ring
- grey moonstone ring
- 2 pink tourmaline stacking rings (one faceted and one darker cab), with a braided and 2 twisted spacer bands

- silver 7 stitch chain
- Chrisacola in quartz pin/pendant

- square silver earrings

Now that I am back, I am changing my jewelry wardrobe every day! Today, I am wearing:
- pink spinel ring with trap diamond sidestones
- pink tourmaline tension ring
- diamond studs (0.33 tcw)
- glowy amethyst pendant

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was too hot to pile on too much -- I just wore white gold hoop earrings, my wedding band, and a 8mm round Peridot in a sterling band-style ring studded with small fiery white zircons -- I especially love Peridot in the spring and summer!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady Disdain, I am sure you will enjoy having a wider selection of jewelry to wear. I always take just a few pieces with me when we travel too.

Marymm, I agree peridot is a great spring / summer color.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Lady D, what's a silver 7 stitch chain? I've never heard of that before.

In the summer, my fingers swell so much from the heat that I really don't wear rings at all. I've been enjoying building my pendant and earring wardrobe, and have been wearing my new OECs with diamond halo jackets show-me-the-ring/oec-twins-are-set-t146631.html

Haven't decided which pendant to wear today yet, but it'll probably be the new apatite!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Today I wore my wedding set, JKT/Gene marquise blue zircon ring, amazonite bead necklace that I got as a bridesmaid gift, and those same old white topaz earrings. Lotsa mileage from those!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Cellentani, your new OEC-in-diamond-halo-jacket earrings are so beautiful -- I don't know how I missed your original thread; I love the look of OECs, but yours are the first earrings I've seen with them and they are truly exquisite. Another something to add to my wish list!

Today I wore my wedding band and some simple white gold drop earrings, and one of my very favorite rings, a 9mm round Pink Tourmaline in a white gold Solstice setting with standard 6-prong head. I wore denim capris and a cream & blue stripe chambray blouse, and I thought the glow of the pink tourmaline went very nicely with my outfit.

I think I get more pleasure selecting my jewelry wardrobe than I do picking out my clothes for the day -- does anyone else feel that way?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellantini, I am having the same problem with my wedding rings. I can get them on later in the day on the weekends but trying to get them on in the morning is impossible. I've been thinking of getting them sized up about 1/3 of a size but then they'll be really loose in the winter. What to do, what to do?

I wore my heart shaped amethyst ring, earrings and pendant today. For my wrings I wore my 5 stone PC bypass ring. I think it's going to be my wring until this heat dies down or I get my rings sized.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
marcy said:
Cellantini, I am having the same problem with my wedding rings. I can get them on later in the day on the weekends but trying to get them on in the morning is impossible. I've been thinking of getting them sized up about 1/3 of a size but then they'll be really loose in the winter. What to do, what to do?

Simple, have winter rings and summer rings. :naughty: Today I'm wearing my 'summer' wedding set (0.63 ct E VS2 solitaire in yellow gold with matching yellow gold w-ring), 0.85 ctw J SI1 martini studs set in platinum, green diamond half eternity band on the right hand, and green tsavorite cabochon pendant set in rose gold. The 'winter' ring is my 1.5 ct F VS2 set in platinum that I got for our 25th wedding anniversary. That ring is heavy (lots of platinum) and I rarely wear it in hot weather.

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
I always wear the same jewelry everyday: Yurman necklace (diamonds and silver), yurman ring (diamonds and prasiolite in silver), 2 stacked Yurman bracelets (gold and silver, one with diamonds and one with citrine), Movado watch, and my diamond studs (1.5 tcw in a martini setting with a pave halo). There is nothing on my left hand ring finger. YET!! :naughty:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea, Fly Girl! I am thinking of finding a band to wear with my EC RHR. I like that you have a summer and winter set.

RhubarbPie, I hope you get something to wear on your left hand soon. Your earrings sounds gorgeous.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Crasru and Marcy, the interview went well. :))

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cellentani said:
Lady D, what's a silver 7 stitch chain? I've never heard of that before.

Cellentani - a seven stitch chain is a kind of woven chain (instead of, for example, a loop-in-loop chain). It is a very old technique and, if well done, gorgeous and very comfortable to wear.

I only wish mine were 22kt gold, but here is an example from Richard Wise's site (http://rwwise.com/products/id|1197).

chain2.jpg

chain3.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all - congratulations on your interview, Burberrygirl! :praise:
Cellentani, I love your earrings!
Lady D. - it is a great necklace! I think I have a similar one from a high-end B@M going out of business but I never have the time to wear it!
TL - you are my guru - I am planning to order more rings but really don't know how to wear them! My fingers are of different sizes. Do you order yours in different sizes? For different fingers? I am deadly serious - I want to wear my jewelry and have no time to change things in the morning! :confused:
I guess I have to pierce another pair of holes in my earlobes. What else? :wacko: A navel piercing won't be seen. A nose ring? I bet I shall be super-popular with my teenage patients but scare off their parents. What a dilemma... :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru said:
TL Do you order yours in different sizes? For different fingers?

Crasru,
I order my rings mostly in a size 9, some in a size 8. That covers about most of my fingers, except my thumbs and pinkies.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makes more sense than stacking 2-3-carat rings like I started doing... I guess people like me give us selfless doctors bad name...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burberry, I so glad you interview went well. PS dust still coming your way.

Lady D - your necklace is divine. Very classy looking.

Today I am wearing diamond studs and heart pendant, my wrings are still tight this morning so my ering substitute is a diamond band with some teal Montana sapphires and my RHR is Kentucky Blue Sapphire.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I like that chain, Lady D - looks very substantial!

It would be so much fun to actually SEE what everyone's wearing - too bad it's such a hassle!

Marcy, those blue sapphires sound gorgeous!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cellantini. I saw a new sapphire ring today that I really like. Hmm. Now to find some money. :bigsmile:

Today I turned in my wedding rings to get sized up a bit so I can wear them during this heat wave! So I wore my wg pc band as my wedding rings and my EC diamond RHR. I didn't even wear a pendant or bracelet; it is too hot and sticky. I did wear my dangle diamond earrings though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing my orange sapphire halo ring, my orange sapphire PC studs, my orange sapphire PC halo pendant and my orange sapphire bracelet. For my wrings I am wearing by bypass PC band. I get my wrings back Sunday. :appl: Then in a month they will be too big but at least I can wear them through this heatwave.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Today I am wearing my white gold three stone sapphire ring, a Siedengang garnet and tsavorite ring, two gold bracelets and my old standby--my swan necklace.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fatted out of my wedding band, wearing my tsavorite ring, my ruby ring, my Barringo ruby ring. A thick yellow/white 18 ct gold lariat-type necklace. Same old diamond bracelet (love the look of it). Same studs. Booring... I should get into my safe and look for tsavorite or emerald earrings for a change... Emerald ring is good only for a pinkie.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber and Crasru I wish I had tsavorite in my collection. I think I'll wear my little emerald ring tomorrow. Green sounds like a great color to wear. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore my emeralds today. =)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in SUCH a diamond mood today! No colour - gasp! I wore my eternity ring, plain band and Ering on the left hand, OEC rhr and tennis bracelet on the right, diamond circle pendant, and two pairs of diamond studs. I haven't worn any of them for aaages, and really missed them!! :wacko: I'll take a group shot when I get home!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
So as well as my LH diamonds and my diamond earrings that I always wear, today I wore 2 blue topaz rings and my great aunt's sapphire and opal ring

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dandi, I will look forward to your group picture. They sound pretty.

Mac-W, do you have a picture posted of the sapphire / opal ring? It sounds very pretty.

I was pretty lazy on jewelry today. I wore some diamond j hoops in WG and my WG PC band. Tomorrow I get my wrings back. :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the group shot, as promised. This is the 'July 31st Collection' :bigsmile:

No colour, naughty naughty. Shall rectify that tomorrow. My citrine is on my dresser, ready to go!

31stJuly 002.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
For the past few days I've been wearing mostly diamonds to work since I'm afraid of ruining my softer stones with all the hand gel, gloves, etc. But today I have my mint garnet ring, opal necklace, and yellow gold dolphin hoops on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results