shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks scrumptious!

Thanks, I was a bit disappointed that I broke a couple of nails earlier this week but the colour is nice and “shifty” and the shine is amazing :praise:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick question for the nail experts: polish doesn't last on me. The worst is Chanel (I love their colours...). With darker colours, I have tip wear after a few hours. I also tried shellac. Went to the best places in town, recommended by friends. Every time one or two nails just "lost" big chunks of the polish within 1-2 days. Nailtech said my nails are too smooth/not porous enough (??!??). Best results are with cnd sticky base + barielle manicure extender as base / top coats. But still not one whole day of perfect colour
:(2

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari, not an expert by any means but could be couple things going on. First, body chemistry plays a role in nail polish wear time. Some people aren't able to keep polish on for long. You mention CND Stickey base as helpful and I also find that it prolongs wear for me. Perhaps keep trying other polish brands to find one that lasts on your nails. Sometimes it's the inexpensive polish that outlasts Chanel, etc.
Second, some nail techs rough up nail surfaces to make polish adhere better. This definitely works but damages nails. My nails start peeling after this so I avoid it but, if your nails are very strong, maybe it'll help you keep polish in for longer than couple days.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @baby monster! Yes, I've had people suggest roughing up the nails. I gave in once and even with a base coat the polish really stained the nails - looked horrible afterwards. Also my nails are healthy, but not thick, so wouldn't want to do this again.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ladies! I am getting an actual mani before my vacation and it will be a Gelish one. I don't do manis often. Does anyone have recommendations about a color? I only like cool tones, bluer reds and pinks or should I go with a nude? Some nudes are so blah. No corals. I have been looking at my clothing choices and it is mostly grays, ivory, with a bit of red and jeans.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm on day 5 of my home gel manicure (Sensationail Polish to Gel kit) - a couple of tiny chips on my index fingers so far.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ladies! I am getting an actual mani before my vacation and it will be a Gelish one. I don't do manis often. Does anyone have recommendations about a color? I only like cool tones, bluer reds and pinks or should I go with a nude? Some nudes are so blah. No corals. I have been looking at my clothing choices and it is mostly grays, ivory, with a bit of red and jeans.

I would go with a light/nude tone because that way if there is any wear or chipping it won't be as noticeable. My preference is definitely some color too, but when I travel I take the safer route or else I know any chips will drive me crazy/ier.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The baby napped long enough for me to actually paint my nails! :eek2: Essie’s Gel Couture in “Bubbles Only.” The Gel Couture line is my favorite because any air bubbles that happen when painting the lacquer disappear/melt away once the clear top coat is on. I have no idea what the mechanism of that is, but as someone usually plagued with polish bubbles, I’ll take it! :P2

This is a chameleon red: it looks like a blue-toned cherry red in sunlight but deep crimson (even approaching oxblood) under office lighting. They just came out with a new “Enchanted” line of pastels that I want to see in person :kiss2:

0E1FED13-6658-48D8-85EB-037ED9CA565C.jpeg 42305592-8BAE-4393-A49A-8E7D8AAB1B38.jpeg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought myself a Polish to Gel kit, so I can get more wear out of the ones I already have.
This is my first attempt :

2F18E4DA-C0BD-4EB5-B5C8-846DD0D5CF7F.jpeg

Pretty!
How does this kit work? I found it on line but some of the questions in the Q&A section talked about having to mix the regular polish with the gel top coat? Is that right, or did I misunderstand?
Also, please let us know how this product holds up, in comparison to other gel and regular polishes, if you can.
Thanks! KK

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1142D935-B574-467F-9D9E-19A87EAF4A16.jpeg

The nail color is called Mauve Me A Monday.

The bruise color is called Between The Dog And The Door Frame.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay , oh no! Hope its not too sore.
Good job selecting a nail colour to complement the bruise.

Hey, with your good right hand and my good left hand, we have a pair! :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 I know nudes can seem blah, but for me they look classic and wear longer than color. I also think that nude/natural polish elongates the fingers which is a factor some people take into consideration. For travel purposes I try to do a color closely resembling my skin tone. It’s usually a travesty when I don’t—see my “posting from the Keys” thread for the ugly evidence!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay holy poop! That’s a helluva bruise! Last week I knocked over a bottle of tresemme shampoo in the shower and it landed on top of my foot...similar color ensued. NOT fun.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owie, @deejay ! I hope the dog gave you lots of love to make up for that mishap.

The color is otherwise very pretty on you.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180313_105658.jpg 20180313_092523.jpg
I found a new product yesterday with from the SH Miracle Gel line. They have a new kind of top coat they call them filters. The one I picked up is called Smolder. The idea is the filter top coat changes the color of the base color. the color I used is Regal Rose. the filter made it more of a shimmery purple gray.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty!
How does this kit work? I found it on line but some of the questions in the Q&A section talked about having to mix the regular polish with the gel top coat? Is that right, or did I misunderstand?
Also, please let us know how this product holds up, in comparison to other gel and regular polishes, if you can.
Thanks! KK

You can do it 2 ways.
For my first go (in the pic) I did the mixing technique, you have a little pot and you add 6 drops or so of your regular polish with 6 drops of the gel top coat. . Apply, cure with the LED (30 secs), apply again, cure and then top coat and cure for 15s

The other way to do it is just use the gel top coat over a regular polish and then cure under the LED. However, on a facebook group I'm in other people have said if you apply the gel too soon after the regular it makes it go a bit wrinkly, and they said its best to wait until the next morning. not sure I can wait that long. I might give it a go tonight or another time (I'm a bit pressed for time tonight).

One of them chipped in the shower last night and a couple more chipped today. I can't stop myself picking when they chip so I've just taken it all off.
It lasted 6 days. I use my hands quite a lot, I don't do much housework but I type and write and do quite a bit with my hands at work (science teacher). So I probably would get less than someone who is less manual, but more than someone who did lots of washing up without rubber gloves!
I'll keep experimenting - but I've got 3 new colours to try yet! :cool2:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not familiar with gelish so can't offer up a particular color in that line. Would agree with others that a lighter color closer to your natural nail color won't show wear as much and that's what I usually pick for trips.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LJsapphire

Thank you for the update and directions :)
6 days would be great for me for any at home mani!
I like the blue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A different shade of blue called Spring Equinox (on my weaker side) 1F9BDCC1-13DB-4D6D-8CBD-2BFABC63C5CC.jpeg

I love this! I don't wear nail polish generally but this color is TDF and if I wore polish I would wear this color! :love:
And I LOVE your bluetiful ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180311_110057.jpg

Loving this color right now! Russian Army by OPI =)

Wow this is GORGEOUS. Blue and sophisticated. Perfection in nail color. I would wear this color too. If I could wear polish. AMAZING blue.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this! I don't wear nail polish generally but this color is TDF and if I wore polish I would wear this color! :love:
And I LOVE your bluetiful ring!

Thanks, it’s nice and it has sparkly bits in it too but I do prefer my other slightly darker blue.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@missy That's so nice, thank you!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results