shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@doberman, have you tried using a special base coat? I find that CND Stickey base coat extends wear time for me.

I'll have to try that one, thanks for the tip. I've been using Nailtiques or OPI as base coats, plus ciclopirox to deter any fungus from starting. This is the reason i don't get my nails done at a salon anymore. That and the fact that a manicurist managed to shave off a piece of my foot in a pedicure. That was fun.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OPI Love and Peace & OPI. It shifts from green to purple but very hard to get a good picture.
MVIMG_20180115_144139.jpg

I’ve got one that colour shifts from green to purple. I will have to get pics off my backup drive.
Just had some new polishes so will be trying those out first.
B1B6E31C-49EB-4805-A04E-CDBB485DBD8E.jpeg
9D9B8F68-88C0-440F-8A82-4338CD14AB00.jpeg

Radioactive Unicorn again

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180116_211953.jpg I hope it's okay for me to join in. I haven't done my nails in weeks. They were breaking and starting to peel, so I cut them down and have been treating with CND Rescue Rxx . Now I have to see what happens if I use both polish and the treatment.

This is a Sally Hansen Miracle Gel color, Regal Rose

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good luck with the treatment. Cuticle oil helps loads, when I remembered to do mine daily they grew really well. But then I lost the oil. I bought a bottle of sweet almond oil so I’m gonna see how it goes. (I used to have CND Solar Oil but it was expensive for a nail varnish sized bottle). Need to remember to keep using it!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Anyone ever try one of the matte top coats? I really love the affect, with one caveat: it doesn’t stay matte if you use cuticle oil or hand lotion. And since I polished my nails to help me break the cycle of picking my cuticles, this was a terrible unforeseen hiccup. This is not the time of year to skip the lotion!

Anyway, here is what it looks like after a fresh coat of matte top coat (top), and what it looks like the next morning (bottom). I left the ringies shiny for fun.

DAB369A9-B26D-40B7-90EE-499C549E55F2.jpeg 31F81E98-4A6B-4A1E-91BC-415C2EEA180C.jpeg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer shiny personally, the shinier the better :D Nice colour though!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with the treatment. Cuticle oil helps loads, when I remembered to do mine daily they grew really well. But then I lost the oil. I bought a bottle of sweet almond oil so I’m gonna see how it goes. (I used to have CND Solar Oil but it was expensive for a nail varnish sized bottle). Need to remember to keep using it!

Thank you!
The Rescue Rxx is an oil, too. (Just in case some one was wondering about it.) I had good results with it earlier last year. The hardest part for me is remembering to use it.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!
The Rescue Rxx is an oil, too. (Just in case some one was wondering about it.) I had good results with it earlier last year. The hardest part for me is remembering to use it.

I didn't know until I looked it up on my laptop, I posted my reply from my phone. :) I thought it might've been one of those clear polish type treatments. :)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20180116_211953.jpg I hope it's okay for me to join in. I haven't done my nails in weeks. They were breaking and starting to peel, so I cut them down and have been treating with CND Rescue Rxx . Now I have to see what happens if I use both polish and the treatment.

This is a Sally Hansen Miracle Gel color, Regal Rose

Um, @KaeKae is that the Amazon stainless trinity, or the real deal?! :-o I’m hoping to head to Cartier next month and I still don’t know which size I want!! I hope your nails bounce back. =)2 I can’t use those gel polishes!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, @KaeKae is that the Amazon stainless trinity, or the real deal?! :-o I’m hoping to head to Cartier next month and I still don’t know which size I want!! I hope your nails bounce back. =)2 I can’t use those gel polishes!

It's the Amazon stainless one. I'm enjoying it! Thanks for the recommendation on that. I'd like to try the thinner one, too. Yeah, I now want a real one. Where IS that money tree? Can't wait to see what you get!

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This weeks nail color - OPI's "Stay off the lawn!!". Got them done on Friday for the Eagles game yesterday (Hello Superbowl!!! :clap::dance:).

@KristinTech - I checked the topcoat when I was done. It literally says "UV Gel Top Coat" on the front - Nothing else. It's a black bottle with a white top. I even asked my manicurist if they used a different top coat compared to other salons and she said no, that what they use is basically like "generic" in that most places use the same thing. I don't know if this matters or makes any difference in the finish, but the UV gel dryer thing that's used in the salon I go to is also from OPI.

color.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My silly attempt at doing those fancy pics with the bottle! :lol: This is one week+ wear shown. I keep my nails short because they are bendy and the barn/horses are unforgiving on longer nails.

Discontinued - China Glaze holographic series in TTYL. I love this color because it so cool with the holographic style but still not in your face color. I have the blue and green ones too.

20180130_124549(0).jpg

Last edited:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F34EC049-8000-4CD6-BDE0-7B35FED872E6.jpeg 235B500E-3405-456D-A610-EF721D84F6F7.jpeg

I just got my engagement ring back from repair and I wanted to use a blue polish to match my sapphire. Unfortunately it’s rather dark but I’ve ordered some more that hopefully will be a better match :mrgreen2:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting a little tired of all the dark colors lately. So I decided to do a summer comor, Cardshark by Revlon. Unfortunately my cuticles show that it's winter.
20180205_171621.jpg

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I need to stay au naturel for a bit, so I am living vicariously through everyone's pretty nails! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F34EC049-8000-4CD6-BDE0-7B35FED872E6.jpeg 235B500E-3405-456D-A610-EF721D84F6F7.jpeg

I just got my engagement ring back from repair and I wanted to use a blue polish to match my sapphire. Unfortunately it’s rather dark but I’ve ordered some more that hopefully will be a better match :mrgreen2:

Both your nails and your ring are gorgeous LJsapphire! :love:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503 that is beautiful :)

I have my new blue polish, but I didn't do a very good job at painting last night at 10pm. When I have made a better attempt I will share. It's blue AND sparkly. :cool2:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That black cherry is to die for, yumm. :love: Love and Peace and many others too. No pix today, getting them done tomorrow when is my pampering day. This time just red, for Vday, I do red only like twice a year anymore. Mostly I wear all shades of coral pinks, a gazillion varieties. Like grey, like black as well at times. I get mine pro done with gel so perhaps not as many options as with OPI. I am completely OCD about my nails and feet!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OPI An Affair in Red Square. I was thinking about doing something different for Vday this week but went with a classic blue-red in the end.
IMG_20180212_090801.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results