shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@BleuRoc that's great wear! I get three weeks out of mine, but I use gel! (Vetro)

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
12-17 with cat.jpg
I did mine this morning, but I was in a bit of a hurry to get ready and go out afterwards so its not great. I have only been regularly doing mine since September so I paint them like a 10 year old. :oops2: Some days are better than others...
The cat is wondering what I'm doing disturbing him with his treats. :lol-2:
Polish is a dark purple with purple glitter over from a small independent British company called Radioactive Unicorn

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone getting a NYE mani? I'm still trying to figure out mine =)2

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be doing my own - some kind of super sparkly color but I haven't decided yet which one!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Done my own as usual, slightly different from the last one but still purple :) I have cleaned up a bit better since I took the photos, but my I do need to improve my skills. I've had better days! I've ordered some nail art brushes, a corrector pen and an air dryer. I need to practice leaving a gap at my cuticles really. :oops2:

I might treat myself to a home gel kit one day.

apparition and faf.jpg

apparition and faf3.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Done my own as usual, slightly different from the last one but still purple :) I have cleaned up a bit better since I took the photos, but my I do need to improve my skills. I've had better days! I've ordered some nail art brushes, a corrector pen and an air dryer. I need to practice leaving a gap at my cuticles really. :oops2:

I might treat myself to a home gel kit one day.
Practice makes perfect but if you'd like some pointers in technique, there are lots of tutorials on YouTube and IG. I like a how to video by Love Tart on YouTube.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm too lazy to take a pic of my hands, (and quite frankly, the hands aren't much worth it), but for the first mani of the YEAR, (I know: many will say the horror!) I'm wearing Chanel 583 Taboo. :)

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Practice makes perfect but if you'd like some pointers in technique, there are lots of tutorials on YouTube and IG. I like a how to video by Love Tart on YouTube.

Thanks, I will look them up :cool2:
Did you do your glitter top coat straight from the brush or using a sponge?
I had a go at using a sponge last week but the polish ended up peeling off in one layer after a day. It may be the polish rather than the technique, or vice versa :confused:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LJsapphire2304 , this glitter has a thick formula so I use the brush and just one coat.

Did you use a base coat and clean your nails? You might have had some residual oils so the polish didn't adhere well.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LJsapphire2304 , this glitter has a thick formula so I use the brush and just one coat.

Did you use a base coat and clean your nails? You might have had some residual oils so the polish didn't adhere well.

I always use a base coat, and I had just taken off my previous polish. I think the top coat might be getting a bit gloopy.

I had some Rimmel polish from a secret santa I took part in, so I've had a go with that today. A bit paler than I usually go for, but it's pretty.

rimmel hot metal love with lovey dovey and ru faf on one nail.jpg rimmel hot metal love with lovey dovey and ru faf on one nail2.jpg

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I should have added, your nails and the polish are lovely. :love: Nail goals!

BleuRoc

Rough_Rock
@BleuRoc that's great wear! I get three weeks out of mine, but I use gel! (Vetro)

Hi elizabethess!
I was pretty careful during work, etc. not using my nails as much but my fingertips instead to pick up/grab things. Needed my polish to last through the Holidays

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Super neutral this week. Sephora Formula X Marvelous. Unfortunately, sephora discontinued their great polish line for the second time:confused:
20171107_110354-1.jpg
Wow, that stack with those nails... classic perfection!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Had to change it up from all the dark colors I've done recently! I think the name brand was Shellac but I could be wrong. Polish name was Gotcha.

I LOVE that ring, I love all your colors, and oh-em-GEE do I love that top coat! Do you do your own nails? What brand is the top coat?!

20171107_121214.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B650889C-21FB-473B-8971-05B5D6C0BD55.jpeg Here’s Zoya Erika (I think?) that promptly went into the trash after this application. I can’t find a good nude! I did order three new bottles during the sale they have going with the “mystery box” promotion.

What nudes are you ladies loving these days? My skin is so pinkish anyway that I have to be careful to get something a little brighter or I will look like a corpse!

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium

@KristinTech

Aw, thank you! I actually get a gel manicure every two weeks pretty religiously. I've been going to the same manicurist for about 3 years now since I moved back to NJ. Love her to death! The top coat is just a regular gel top coat from what I can tell. Next time I go, I'll take a look at the top coat they use and I'll post it here =)2

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B1A488D5-6E49-402E-8E4B-2A8FB65487DE.jpeg
Radioactive Unicorn : Kathy the Original Vintage Doll over Barry M Gelly in Black Cherry 7A8C0E09-CF31-44A3-9CCD-7E1987B9FF4F.jpeg

From this week: the photos don’t do the black sparkle justice.
Radioactive Unicorn : Satan is Super Kawaii over Barry M Gelly in Black Forest. (I wore all black to work as well today, but I’m not actually a goth)

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B1A488D5-6E49-402E-8E4B-2A8FB65487DE.jpeg
Radioactive Unicorn : Kathy the Original Vintage Doll over Barry M Gelly in Black Cherry 7A8C0E09-CF31-44A3-9CCD-7E1987B9FF4F.jpeg

From this week: the photos don’t do the black sparkle justice.
Radioactive Unicorn : Satan is Super Kawaii over Barry M Gelly in Black Forest. (I wore all black to work as well today, but I’m not actually a goth)
These are great colors @LJsapphire2304! Who makes them?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech, nudes are kinda hard because they are usually streaky and need more than 2 coats. I don't have time for polish with bad formula. The Sephora nude I'm wearing up thread is pretty good but it's been discontinued.

I recently purchased Essie Gelcouture in Fairy Tailor which is a light pink nude that works for my skin tone. It is even in 2 coats if you are careful.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OPI Midnight in Moscow—kids and hubby don’t like this one. :lol: It’s dark, but I like it!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find that OPI nail polish doesn't hold up too well on me. So I'm trying a couple of Sally Hanson miracle gels. They aren't true gels; I can't wear anything like that on my nails. This one is Bordeaux Glow.

20180116_100558.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@doberman, have you tried using a special base coat? I find that CND Stickey base coat extends wear time for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results