shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely try it because of the brush. I'm even thinking of cleaning out an old polish bottle and switching out the brush so I can use this one with my other Essie colors. I was able to do my pinkies in one stroke!
MVIMG_20180408_122227.jpg

Oh wow, thanks for posting that pic. I never knew those twisty Essie bottles came with bigger brushes!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely try it because of the brush. I'm even thinking of cleaning out an old polish bottle and switching out the brush so I can use this one with my other Essie colors. I was able to do my pinkies in one stroke!
All brushes were not created equal! I have some that are easier to apply neatly because of the brush!

New polishes arriving tomorrow! 6 of them - i had 4 on pre order and 2 that I had to order last night because they were limited edition and due to end soon. :lol:
There are also another 2 that i ordered along the way.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Completely agree! This brush is amazing, I wish all brands would switch to it. I cleaned a few off and use them with other brands.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@junebug17
It's a chameleon greyish lilac color. Sometimes it seems like a grey polish, but on my toes it looks a lot more purple bc my hands and feet have different skin tone I suppose? It's similar to Essie Chinchilly which I believe is very popular, but I see a tad more purple in this. Hope you like it!

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17
It's a chameleon greyish lilac color. Sometimes it seems like a grey polish, but on my toes it looks a lot more purple bc my hands and feet have different skin tone I suppose? It's similar to Essie Chinchilly which I believe is very popular, but I see a tad more purple in this. Hope you like it!

Ah ok, thanks Cockatiel! Just ordered it - love chinchilly so I should really like this one too! :dance:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ah ok, thanks Cockatiel! Just ordered it - love chinchilly so I should really like this one too! :dance:

Yes I love Chinchilly, this is like a more lavender sister to it. On my hands Chinchilly looks lavender, it's only if I compare these two directly, that I can see Chinchilly as a grey neutral, and Light as Air lavender grey.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opi's Kerry Blossom

IMG_20180417_134503.jpg

I don't post more often because when I do get my nails done I usually end up picking the same dark purple types even in summer ::) dark colors tend to look better with my skin tone.

Is the Essie Gel Couture line the one you guys are saying has a good brush? And do you need to use it with a machine or is it like gel polish you can use like you do regular polish?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't post more often because when I do get my nails done I usually end up picking the same dark purple types even in summer ::) dark colors tend to look better with my skin tone.

Is the Essie Gel Couture line the one you guys are saying has a good brush? And do you need to use it with a machine or is it like gel polish you can use like you do regular polish?
Essie Gel Couture is like regular polish and doesn't need UV light to cure. It's supposed to be longer lasting than regular polish but it doesn't on my nails. The wide brush is the only upside of this line for me.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Opi's Kerry Blossom

IMG_20180417_134503.jpg

I have mainly dark colours, I'm liking all these pinks on other people but I'm not really a pink person. Purple yes! :lol: Next I think I'm going to try the thermal ones I bought, they are a bit paler.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have mainly dark colours, I'm liking all these pinks on other people but I'm not really a pink person. Purple yes! :lol: Next I think I'm going to try the thermal ones I bought, they are a bit paler.

Yay another dark color person!

I'm not a pink or red person. Aside from the dark colors I like a lot of very soft pastel colors too but most make me look like I'm dead
icon_lol.gif
I need the contrast.

My skin tone looks way better in that picture than it actually is in real life I have a lot of red in my skin so most colors don't look right, but I love grays and blues, too.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had my last manicure right before I was due with my son and he just turned 5 weeks :confused2: This thread is motivating me to finally get my nails redone! Lovely colors everyone!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my last manicure right before I was due with my son and he just turned 5 weeks :confused2: This thread is motivating me to finally get my nails redone! Lovely colors everyone!

Babyblue sometimes when I'm not in the mood to go through the whole manicure process I just get a polish change so I'm in and out quicker.

Congratulations, by the way!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Babyblue sometimes when I'm not in the mood to go through the whole manicure process I just get a polish change so I'm in and out quicker.

Congratulations, by the way!
Well, it's not the in and out quick part I'm worried about. It's the getting out of the house part I have trouble with :lol:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I hardly ever bothered having my nails done unless I was going for a night out. And even then it was mostly DIY. I had them done with acrylics a LONG time ago for the prom of one of the schools I worked at. I had a french manicure for my first wedding (2007). I had gels professionally done a few times, like the first time I went to NYC with my DF and I was sure he was going to propose... :lol:
But they didn't last me long (<2 weeks) so I didn't think they were worth the expense.
Then I started buying indie nail polish last September and now got into doing my own gels. If I'm doing them myself I'm happy with 1 week wear.
Then I get to change it up more regularly :cool2:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
decided to give the Essie Gel Couture a try. This color is Fairy Tailor. It reminds me of their regular polish shade Ballet Slippers, it's very sheer. I definitely like the gel brush much better. 20180417_162317.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hardly ever bothered having my nails done unless I was going for a night out. And even then it was mostly DIY. I had them done with acrylics a LONG time ago for the prom of one of the schools I worked at. I had a french manicure for my first wedding (2007). I had gels professionally done a few times, like the first time I went to NYC with my DF and I was sure he was going to propose... :lol:
But they didn't last me long (<2 weeks) so I didn't think they were worth the expense.
Then I started buying indie nail polish last September and now got into doing my own gels. If I'm doing them myself I'm happy with 1 week wear.
Then I get to change it up more regularly :cool2:
I RARELY get my nails done professionally either, I can literally count the times, each before big events like my wedding, right before I had each of my sons, etc :P2

I love how the nails look after but hate the time spent at the nail salon, plus they never last long and always start chipping after a week so I feel like I wasted money and time.

I actually get a lot of free nail polish from work and have a rather large collection of barely used nail polish in my linen closet :roll2:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6D3D22E9-57C5-4D56-9005-FDD35AE29EBD.jpeg 985A3AE1-B99E-4D34-BB09-65E25959A177.jpeg
0695547C-D9FE-4BC2-A9F6-20CFDCEE915D.jpeg

POP Polish Midnight Avalanche (blue/purple) and Ice Wine (green/pink).. first pic cold hands, second pic warm hand, third pic warm hand cooling down.
Not my usual colours but pretty funky.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results