shape
carat
color
clarity

What BUGS You & Doesn't Bother Anybody Else?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is for the stupid stuff that drives you crazy and that no one else seems to care about.

I detest overhead lights in any room except the kitchen and bath. I can't stand the way they look in the bedroom, den, living room, etc. I also totally dislike the light they throw off.

I can tolerate spots, that light up the wall, but an overhead ceiling fixture? Eeeeeeekkkkk! :errrr:

I'm also EXTREMELY picky about my light bulbs. I have spent SOOO much money trying to balance the light in a room, with just the right bulbs in different lamps.

Yup, stupid stuff . . . :praise:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Cannot stand it when the table runner is even SLIGHTLY off center... I have lots of really ridiculous pet peeves.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Me too on ceiling lights, iLander. I even took them out of the living room & bedrooms when we bought this house.

This is nuts, but fabric rubbing against fabric gives me chills & makes me want to climb walls. Like when people rub their stocking feet against each other, or somebody wearing corduroy sits on a velvet chair & moves against it. It does to me what chalk squeaking on a blackboard does to most people (that doesn't bother me at all).

--- Laurie

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
My mum is exactly the same with overhead lights! I can see why, they don't throw off good light. They create all sorts of shadows on the face!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
foam. (not like styrofoam but more of a tight porous sponge.) if it rubs together, i can hear it & it gives me the chills up my spine. and if someone touches me with it....omg, i freak. in college friends used to get the foam off their dry cleaner hangers & chase me around b/c i will literally run away from foam. it's weird. i think i've repressed a traumatic childhood memory involving foam :cheeky: i can't think of any other explanation for such an adverse reaction.

like this texture http://www.shindigz.com/images/itm_img/2H103A.jpg or many kitchen sponges, egg crate foam, memory foam (if i have to touch it directly. i can sleep on it w/sheets over top b/c it doesn't really make the noise)... :-o :-o freaks me out just looking at the picture.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
What bugs me?

Well, at the risk of sounding anal:

Anything hanging cockeyed on a wall. Must straighten.
Annoying music. And that is a r-e-a-l-l-y large genre. For me.
Being able to hear my 'neighbors' entire conversations in restaurants. Shut up already. Or at least keep it down.
Same goes for cell phone conversing in every corner of the universe, but particularly in bathrooms. Flush.
Hoochie-mama clothing. On young women, older women, teens, and especially young girls. What ever happened to being a lady?
Shrieking children. Not unhappy kids. Kids who shriek as a way of communicating. Parents, please. Put. A. Stop, To. This.

I'm sure there is much more, being rather cranky in nature. :bigsmile: But I'll stop there.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
summer in sydney!!!

people tend to love it but i hate it!
it's way too hot for me

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Cockeyed pictures and wall hangings. I even fix them in other people's houses and dr's offices. DH says I can 1 mm difference off level. (of course I can see a mm! Duh!)

Anyone with teeth putting anything cloth in their mouth.
The sounds of someone brushing their teeth with their lips open.
People who talk on the phone in public bathrooms.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Whistling and loud gum chewers.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot stand the sound of a plastic spoon/fork scraping the inside of a styrofoam container :errrr: Just thinking about it gives me the chills!

I also have a thing with the covers on the bed. I don't make the bed in the morning but rather at night before getting in it because I cannot stand it when the covers are all over the place when you're trying to sleep. DH thinks I'm totally crazy and neurotic about it and I do not care ;-) I cannot go to sleep if the covers are not up to my standards :roll:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
DivaDiamond007|1291952818|2792833 said:
I also have a thing with the covers on the bed. I don't make the bed in the morning but rather at night before getting in it because I cannot stand it when the covers are all over the place when you're trying to sleep. DH thinks I'm totally crazy and neurotic about it and I do not care ;-) I cannot go to sleep if the covers are not up to my standards :roll:

oh my gosh---me too!! roommates my entire life have thought this is weird. i'm not a morning person, so it's the rare occasion when i make my bed first thing in the morning but i ALWAYS have to make it before i go to bed. i can't stand messed up sheets. of course, when i sleep in a bed alone, really all i have to do is just pull that corner back up. i don't move around a lot. DH on the other hand...

YAY :appl: :appl: glad someone else shares my weird quirk.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Pictures hanging crooked on walls. I will fix it ANYWHERE. My MIL has cleaning ladies come once a week and they don't adjust them after dusting... and MIL leaves them for me to fix when I come over that afternoon.
(But apparently this doesn't only bother me.)

Christmas lights on trees. It bothers me if there are gaps. I actually adjusted a branch on a friend's fake tree the other night because I could see the gap from 2 rooms away... This is why I can't have a fake tree, I would constantly be adjusting it :lol:

People with poor elevator etiquette. That swinging door, the one next to the the sliding doors you are waiting for, it leads to STAIRS... if you are only going one floor, USE IT!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
These posts have reminded me: I detest having a wooden popsicle stick scrape on my teeth. It gives me the willies . . . :shock: And those little wooden spoons that come with ice cream cups? EEEEEK! :o

Here's something pretty obscure, I think it bugs only me: when people are looking at a piece of abstract art in a museum and they say "It looks like a horse (or cow, or ducky, or whatever)". They are NOT clouds, people! Unless the artist is somehow alluding to a form, it's not supposed to be a ducky! And I've heard "my kid can do better" so many times, I could scream. IF your kid could do better, it would be his/her work on the wall. Unless your kid is Picasso, please don't ever say this . . .

Someday I'll start a thread about abstract art, so all PSers can appreciate it . . .

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
iLander~ I've just recently begun appreciating abstract art. For years I thought it was just random blobs, but now I see emotion in it and I quite like it.

Thought of another thing that irks me. Sheet wrinkles. OMG, I have made DH get out of bed so I can remake the whole thing. Every night I pull the bottom sheet as tight as I can, and the protector, and the topper have to be even and smooth. And my flat sheet has to be the right way. That pretty edging is on there so when you fold down the bed, it faces up--therefore, the seams face UP towards the blankets, not down towards the bottom sheet. And finally, the sheet has to be approximately 6" higher than the rest of the blankets so it can fold down and be smooth and lovely for cuddling into. DH thinks I'm crazy...I'm inclined to agree.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bugs me but not others? Everything bugs me, so um..the word panties, for one. If I could go back in time and find the person who invented that word I would kick him into a bloody pulp. The sound of breathing. Not just snoring, which doesn't count b/c that bothers everybody, or it should anyway, but breathing in general. My husband is a loud and forceful breather. I can't handle it and it irritates the bejesus out of me. I'm constantly shoving him at night b/c he's breathing on me. And even when we're in the truck driving somewhere, if the radio isn't on or if it's quiet, I can hear him breathe..when we go over bumps, his breathing gets bumpy. It sets my teeth on edge.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1291940092|2792659 said:
This is for the stupid stuff that drives you crazy and that no one else seems to care about.

I detest overhead lights in any room except the kitchen and bath. I can't stand the way they look in the bedroom, den, living room, etc. I also totally dislike the light they throw off.

I can tolerate spots, that light up the wall, but an overhead ceiling fixture? Eeeeeeekkkkk! :errrr:

I'm also EXTREMELY picky about my light bulbs. I have spent SOOO much money trying to balance the light in a room, with just the right bulbs in different lamps.

Yup, stupid stuff . . . :praise:

I feel exactly the same about overhead lights. Drives my husband batty. In our living room we have 3 sets of lights... one is a central chandelier that is huge and like an octopus that spreads golden light... the second is recessed flourescent... not recessed, but like hidden up in the shelf of a tray celing - I hate those except during the day - they're nice in that they just look the room look brighter but at night they're too.... "blue". Not warm. Then there are the spotlights or canned recessed. I like those because they're around the perimeter and are sunk in so I can't see the bulbs. I *prefer* lamps on tables but I don't have them here in this house. I hate feeling like the light bulbs are in my eyes. Are you blue eyed? I am, and pretty sensitive.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need numbers to go in order, and I prefer the numbers from lowest to highest. Meaning, my siblings are 14, 18, 22, 25 and 31. Same thing with all numbers. If your talking about your trips, I like it to be in order too. Math equations I like the longest side to the left of the = with the shorter side on the right. I'm strange, don't worry. I already know this!

And driving I hate it when people speed up right after a light (or any form of a stop) only to speed up to the speed and slam on their breaks again. My SO does this DAILY and it drives me batty! I tell him if he'd slow down when he see's a red light he'd probably coast along slow until it turned green again instead of stopping all the way because he sped to the light, then stops, then gases right back to 60 again only to slam on the breaks again. I swear he's actually a pretty good driver, but EVERYONE around here seems to drive like that. Drives. Me. Batty.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I have to mute the commercials where people are brushing their teeth. I don't really like hearing my husband do it either, but the commercials are ten times worse. Thank goodness for Tivo.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will mention this one because it just came up the other day.

It drives me absolutely BONKERS when people say CHIPOTLE incorrectly. The L is AFTER the T people, c'mon! :mad:

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
elledizzy5|1292001897|2793325 said:

It drives me absolutely BONKERS when people say CHIPOTLE incorrectly. The L is AFTER the T people, c'mon! :mad:

Completely off topic, but how did you get the animated snow in your avatar??? I would love to do that to mine. lol

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Cockeyed wall hangings. Sounds like it's not something that doesn't bother others haha!

I cannot stand the sound of others chewing.... or loud breathing when you chew. Ew Ew Ew.

I am mortified by the idea of other people hearing me in the bathroom, or hearing them. I hate public restrooms b/c of this. I don't want to hear other tinkles.

Bright office or store lighting. It hurts my eyes.

Dogs licking me non stop. A little kiss when I ask for it is fine (which my little girl does kiss on command), but do not lick my hands non stop... or my feet. That's the worst.

I detest the smell of fresh cut grass. Seriously, if you like this, can you explain WHY? I'd truly love to know.

Also the smell of dirt. What's worst is when you bite into a potato and it tastes like the smell of dirt. :shock:

Squirrels. I think they are disgusting, abhorrent creatures. They are rats with bushy tails that climb trees. They have growths. They have ugly little claws. They have strange faces and creepy eyes. Please keep them away. I will shoot them. Unless they are babies. Then I will enjoy them, for as long as they are human owned and clean.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I started a pet peeve thread a while back because I have so many! A lot are food related, or how people eat (which shouldn't concern me)

-I cannot stand people who eat each thing on their plate separately, and cannot have anything touch
-People who don "mix" their sauce into their spaghetti, I think it looks so much tastier all mixed in.
-People who don't like to try new cuisines
-People waiting for a piping hot dish to cool before eating it, totally defeats to purpose of heating the food.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
jaysonsmom|1292006672|2793408 said:
-I cannot stand people who eat each thing on their plate separately, and cannot have anything touch

I am a total freak about my food not touching. I absolutely hate it. This makes eating out extremely difficult for me. I have been known to send food back because of this.

It's actually very wierd that my favourite dish is biryani - a combination of rice, lentils, meat and potatoes, all touching.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The way people who were born and raised in Hawaii say their a's.

They say it "ah" and they stretch it out.

So if they say the name of the grocery store Foodland, they say Foodlaaaaaahhhhhhnd.

It doesn't bother the people who live here obviously and my SO doesn't share my feelings about it but I can't stand it. :errrr:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I hate and fear birds. I don't like the fact that they could just swoop down and attack me and I might not see them coming. Gross and scary.

I am also very particular about the way people organize their cabinets and pantry. I am annoyed when people do not put things in logical places. Example: I was at my sister's house, and she had spices in the same cabinet as dinner plates. What is up with that? I know it's not really any of my business, but it drives me bonkers nonetheless.

I also cannot stand Brett Favre, though I know many people seem to worship him.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People standing in the middle of the aisle of a store talking loudly on a cellphone.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
rhbgirl24|1292003353|2793341 said:

Completely off topic, but how did you get the animated snow in your avatar??? I would love to do that to mine. lol

Ha! I didn't do it... back in the day we used to have threads where you could ask someone to "Holiday" your avatar, and I think DreamGirl did mine, but she no longer posts!

You could try posting a thread to ask someone who is good with graphic design to do it for you! :))

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I started a pet peeve thread a while back because I have so many! A lot are food related, or how people eat (which shouldn't concern me)

-People who don "mix" their sauce into their spaghetti, I think it looks so much tastier all mixed in.
-People waiting for a piping hot dish to cool before eating it, totally defeats to purpose of heating the food.

I eat everything separately, and hate when my food touches! :o :rodent:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
elledizzy5|1292010447|2793480 said:

I eat everything separately, and hate when my food touches! :o :rodent:

YAY! Glad I'm not the only one!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

Wait, how are they pronouncing it? I can't even wrap my mind around that...chip-ol-tay?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results